If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Upgrade to 3.1.5

13»

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2006
    <div>
    (tylerwillis @ Jun. 23 2006,22:27)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (MonCapitan2002 @ Jun. 23 2006,05:55)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The kinks are still being worked out as you can see.</div>
    Don't work me out! Please! I promise I'll be good.

Oh. Wait.

Nevermind.</div>
    Those kinds of kinks are quite safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I sent a couple of PMs lately and neither is appearing in my sent items folder. I can only assume they weren't sent, which would explain why I haven't gotten replies. Is this an issue with the board upgrade, or is it just me? Or does Meo just not like me. ghostface.gif
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    The checkbox to save a copy of the message to Sent Items defaults to unchecked now.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    There you go. Ah well.
    edited July 2006
    Vigivalgus mentioned in a recent thread that the spoiler tag seems to be gone. What happened to it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    It got sold into slavery at The Den. We've got a dedicated Chosen One hunting it down.

SlayersSig.jpg

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • angel0886angel0886 Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <span class="spoiler">Button might be gone, but the option still exists tounge.gif </span>
    pfootbanner.png
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (Slayer of God @ Jul. 06 2006,16:09)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">It got sold into slavery at The Den. We've got a dedicated Chosen One hunting it down.</div>
    How dare you smear the UCLA Athletics student fan group!

ucla-2006-den-logo.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• ShuemaisShuemais Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (angel0886 @ Jul. 07 2006,14:46)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><span class="spoiler">Button might be gone, but the option still exists tounge.gif </span></div>
    Many thanks to Angel for enlightening me to a temporary fix for this issue. laugh.gif

Fixes are good.

Sufficed to say, until the old skin gets slapped back on, there's no Spoiler button to be found -- it's not an option I can enable or disable, to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: Due to HTML being turned off in a majority of postable forums, Spoiler Tags will just have to wait until FM gets the old skin reloaded again.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Brackets.
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (angel0886 @ Jul. 07 2006,14:46)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><span class="spoiler">Button might be gone, but the option still exists ?:p </span></div>
    Only here. ?HTML is disabled on the other forum sections.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angel0886angel0886 Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    it isn't in the one I dug the code up from.
    ..though I have no idea where I dug it up.

pfootbanner.png
    edited July 2006
    I tried the code in MD. ?It does not work. ?The reason it works in the old posts is probably because it was converted to HTML. ?If you were to edit a post to check, I bet anything the spoiler tag would be hosed. ?I'll actually go check if my theory is correct.

EDITED TO ADD

I just tested my theory on an old post in the Square Enix section. My theory is correct. The moment I submitted the edit, the spoiler tag was hosed. Sorry for messing up your post Athenian. We'll need the old skin in order to bring the spoiler code back.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2006
    ::facepalm::

Ugh. That's what I get for forum-handling after 4 in the morning. I'd forgotten all about turning off the HTML in the majority of the forums -- many thanks for the catch, Cap.

Nix what I said in the last post, then.

... about the spoiler thing, not the Angel thing. blush.gif
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited October 2006
    Are you guys gonna fix this or what?

It doesn't matter if you don't have a backup of the old skin. It's not hard to edit the colors so that they match everything else. You don't have to be an expert in page design, here. The only things that would require much effort are the graphical buttons, and it wouldn't even be that hard to do those in a simple, yet ok looking, design.

I don't enjoy the thought of being CainEJW V2.0 and only posting when I have something to complain about (at least I'm not being half as venomous), and something tells me I should just keep my trap shut when I come on my bi-monthly excursions, considering my history and all. But I spent a good amount of time on these forums for four years or so, so it tends to make me angry when I come by and see the flagrant lack of regard for the community that's conveyed by the forums still looking like a Smurf villiage in a volcano. It also doesn't help much knowing that I would've had this fixed within a week (or maybe even a few hours, as I used to keep a backup of the forums on my computer) if I hadn't left the treefort.

Seriously. Would you run a business and allow your store become debilitated and messy looking? It would not be hard to make this place look decent, guys.

I don't mean anything personal by this post or anything. I only have personal beef with like two (and a half) people really, so it's not my intention to piss anyone off. Though I guess I can see how it might be hard to not take this personally, and I halfway expect for this to be deleted or to be banned or something.

So anyways, that's it from me. Kitchen's closed. This chick has had it.

I'm going back to my Thirtysomething marathon.

edited October 2006
    The matter was put on the back burner when it was determined that people could still post, even if some capabilities of the old boards were lost in the upgrade. Sure, the color clashes with the rest of the site, and the loss of some features are annoying, but at least the forums are still functional. The problem's been discussed and will be addressed, hopefully very soon.

In short: yeah, the car don't look nice, but at least the engine is still running.

Closing thread.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited October 2006
    Wow, the best part is that I decided to sit down and fix this tonight after my success with the spoiler tag yesterday, without having read this thread. Good timing though, it seems, as I'm just reading this thread now after going through and fixing all the styles and icons I could think of. I may have overdone it with the smilies though...I'll show Shue how to remove those he doesn't want around.

Now I just need some help with the buttons and we should be good to go, I hope.
    179811.png
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited December 2006
    Spoiler tag has been improved to work when you edit a post with a spoiler in it, however it is not backwards compatible to old posts that already have spoiler tags. It'll only work when you edit newly made posts with spoiler tags, or re-edit your original and remove the span stuff and put the spoil tag back in.
    179811.png
This discussion has been closed.