If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Watch any good movies lately?

Comments

• Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Aw, I read TinTin as a kid. That and Where's Waldo. ^^
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    I think Peter Jackson refused to do the Hobbit or they wouldn't let him. I just can't remember what the deal was. I know there's some sort of stall with it.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited May 2007
    He was not asked to do the Hobbit. The studios had some sort of problem with him leftover from Lord of the Rings. Needless to say many people have said that they will not watch the hobbit as they don't feel it would carry the same spirit of the other movies into it. But who knows.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Recently picked up Transformers: The Movie - 20th Anniversary Edition. It's amazing to watch, even 20 years later. Incredible drawing and animation that could easily stand up to anything being made today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ May 17 2007,11:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Recently picked up Transformers: The Movie - 20th Anniversary Edition. It's amazing to watch, even 20 years later. Incredible drawing and animation that could easily stand up to anything being made today.</div>
    I watch that movie at least once every couple weeks. I love it.
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ May 17 2007,11:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (MasterChief @ May 17 2007,11:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Recently picked up Transformers: The Movie - 20th Anniversary Edition. ?It's amazing to watch, even 20 years later. ?Incredible drawing and animation that could easily stand up to anything being made today.</div>
    I watch that movie at least once every couple weeks. I love it.</div>
    Seen the fan commentary on the new DVD? Some of the original ideas for the movie are quite interesting, especially what was originally planned for the shuttle attack scene. If they hadn't cut that, there'd have been protests for weeks when it came out (Remember, that was already one of the more brutal scenes in the movie... Hell, in any animated movie of the 80s and early nineties, before anime started coming out in North America).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Oh yeah! The Attack of the Light Brigade scene... <span class="spoiler">Everyone would have died from the old toy line</span>. Hell it was bad enough losing <span class="spoiler">Ironhide and Prime</span>
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ May 17 2007,11:52)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Oh yeah! The Attack of the Light Brigade scene... <span class="spoiler">Everyone would have died from the old toy line</span>. Hell it was bad enough losing <span class="spoiler">Ironhide and Prime</span></div>
    There's that too, but what they had in mind for the actual shuttle attack was for <span class="spoiler">Brawn to be severed in half, Prowl to be melted, and for Ironhide and Ratchet to be welded together by a shot from Megatron before being split apart by more gunfire and falling into glowing fragments</span>. That was likely cut to what we ended up seeing because that would have been way too violent for the Transformers audience. Which is hilarious, considering the scene is already incredibly violent, especially at the end where <span class="spoiler">Megatron blows Ironhide's head off execution style</span>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ May 17 2007,12:13)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ May 17 2007,11:52)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Oh yeah! The Attack of the Light Brigade scene... <span class="spoiler">Everyone would have died from the old toy line</span>. Hell it was bad enough losing <span class="spoiler">Ironhide and Prime</span></div>
    There's that too, but what they had in mind for the actual shuttle attack was for <span class="spoiler">Brawn to be severed in half, Prowl to be melted, and for Ironhide and Ratchet to be welded together by a shot from Megatron before being split apart by more gunfire and falling into glowing fragments</span>. That was likely cut to what we ended up seeing because that would have been way too violent for the Transformers audience. Which is hilarious, considering the scene is already incredibly violent, especially at the end where <span class="spoiler">Megatron blows Ironhide's head off execution style</span>.</div>
    I'll watch it with at commentary on tonight. That sounds really interesting. I still HATE that we lost <span class="spoiler">Ironhide</span>... I mean <span class="spoiler">Ultra Magnus was rebuilt with the quickness on the junk planet, why not Ironhide?</span>

Oh well. <span class="spoiler">Prime's death still brings a tear to my eye.</span>
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited May 2007
    *bain looks around
    I never liked Transformers, Prime died? Good.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Agent_009Agent_009 Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ May 17 2007,13:52)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Oh yeah! The Attack of the Light Brigade scene... <span class="spoiler">Everyone would have died from the old toy line</span>. Hell it was bad enough losing <span class="spoiler">Ironhide and Prime</span></div>
    Man, I remember my brother telling me about when he went to see the animated Transformers movie in Canada. Children were crying and being carried out of the theater because of that scene.

That's a shame about 28 weeks later, but I kinda expected it. Oh well.
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ May 17 2007,16:42)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">*bain looks around
    I never liked Transformers, Prime died? Good.</div>
    Yeah well I hope TinTin gets shot in the face.

So we're even.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Now THAT'S good fun.
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Agent_009 @ May 17 2007,17:05)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Man, I remember my brother telling me about when he went to see the animated Transformers movie in Canada. ?Children were crying and being carried out of the theater because of that scene.</div>
    Yeah, the producer commentary and the featurette on <span class="spoiler">the death of Optimus Prime</span> on the second disc explains that the people involved with the series had absolutely no idea just how important that character was or how important that series was to the fans. ?They just saw it as clearing off the old toy line to make room for the new ones. ?Another interesting bit was in the fan commentary was that after the shuttle attack, some parents were so angry about the violence that they just took their kids and left. ?It's actually quite easy to forget A) how violent that film was and B)how it ended up influencing animation for the next 20 years, considering what it was for the 20 or so years prior. ?I don't think we'd be seeing anime being published in North America at all if it weren't for our generation growing up on Transformers.

And to think they actually had to put a curse word in there to get a PG instead of a G.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    I saw the official Transformers trailer in the theater before Shrek.

Suffice to say a part of my soul died in my seat.
    edited May 2007
    Normally I don't advocate talking in the theatre, but I'm so going to MST the crap out of the new Transformers movie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    I still have faith. Maybe it's misguided... But I have faith..
    edited May 2007
    Faith in the fact TinTin is far suprior in storyline and plot them Transformers then yes there is faith!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ May 17 2007,23:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Faith in the fact TinTin is far suprior in storyline and plot them Transformers then yes there is faith!</div>
    That's some insanely misguided faith.
    edited May 2007
    I'll take a good mystery over fighting robots anyday!
    edited May 2007
    TinTin being...?

And bain, if you didn't find any mystery or depth of plot in Transformers (at least G1, the new ones are way too "anime-like" for me), then you weren't paying attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited May 2007
    JokerFinal.jpg

Final Joker pic?
    edited May 2007
    Hate.
  • Agent_009Agent_009 Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    SMOOCHES from Heath.

Finally saw Pan's Labyrinth tonight. Definitely not for the squeamish (like me) - I was cringing at a few of the scenes. Really good stuff though.
    edited May 2007
    I have a sudden urge to watch some good, ol fashin westerns, maybe i'll try to find The Good, the bad and the ugly again.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Saw Casshern the other day. Yet again, not a movie to try and do an assignment while it's on-which is why I didn't try this time. Lots of explosions and post-apocolyptic scenery there, and robots! Who doesn't like a robot armada or two?
  • lost_keeperlost_keeper Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Tigron111 @ May 23 2007,01:30)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Saw Casshern the other day. Yet again, not a movie to try and do an assignment while it's on-which is why I didn't try this time. Lots of explosions and post-apocolyptic scenery there, and robots! Who doesn't like a robot armada or two?</div>
    Casshern was a lot of fun. ?The music and visuals are amazing. ?Have you seen Naisu no Mori (aka Funky Forest: The First Contact)? ?It's definitely not a movie to watch if doing an assignment...

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    "Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guarenteed, I will. I got spare time."

Tommy Boy. <3
    SlayersSig.jpg

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ May 20 2007,23:07)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I have a sudden urge to watch some good, ol fashin westerns, maybe i'll try to find The Good, the bad and the ugly again.</div>
    TGTBATU is decent as westerns go, but the Magnificent Seven gets my vote as the best western of all time.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (lost_keeper @ May 24 2007,08:37)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Tigron111 @ May 23 2007,01:30)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Saw Casshern the other day. Yet again, not a movie to try and do an assignment while it's on-which is why I didn't try this time. Lots of explosions and post-apocolyptic scenery there, and robots! Who doesn't like a robot armada or two?</div>
    Casshern was a lot of fun. ?The music and visuals are amazing. ?Have you seen Naisu no Mori (aka Funky Forest: The First Contact)? ?It's definitely not a movie to watch if doing an assignment...</div>
    I'll keep that in mind.