If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Watch any good movies lately?

Comments

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Watched Se7en last night, forgotten how enjoyable a movie it was.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Stick BugStick Bug Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Saw Deliverence tonight for the first time.

It's not quite as disturbing as everyone made it out to be.
    edited May 2007
    I've always wanted to see tha movies, if only for the dueling strings.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Pirates 3. Not as good as the first two. Lot more boring parts littered the fun it should have had. Could have cut some stuff out. Still a good view.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Adremmelech @ May 29 2007,12:15)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Pirates 3. Not as good as the first two. Lot more boring parts littered the fun it should have had. Could have cut some stuff out. Still a good view.</div>
    First Spider-Man 3 and now Pirates 3... What is it with 3s falling on their Moo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited May 2007
    I thought the 3's were usually the worst movies anyway? From what I've heard Shrek 3 is meant to be pretty bad.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Well, what was Shrek 2? Not a restoring of faith in sequels for me, that's for certain.
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    If you haven't seen Hostel 2 yet...DONT! It's wasn't as good as the first, but it was much more disgusting. It made a perfect date movie hah! or something. Anyway it's pretty nasty.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (Tigron111 @ May 29 2007,22:22)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Well, what was Shrek 2? Not ?a restoring of faith in sequels for me, that's for certain.</div>
    I never saw the appeal of the first Shrek myself.

Anyway, Bridge to Terabithia is out on DVD today, so I'm going to gobble that up.
    SlayersSig.jpg

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    Watched Beerfest with my friends, we rented it. Oh man, it was hilarious. I was laughing the entire movie, and they got the actual German drinking team to be in their movie. How awesome is that?! ^^
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    Reefer Madness the Musical....it's good. Even though it has that Veronica Mars girl in it. She shoulda stuck with this kinda acting.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (Slayer of God @ Jun. 19 2007,17:25)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Tigron111 @ May 29 2007,22:22)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Well, what was Shrek 2? Not ?a restoring of faith in sequels for me, that's for certain.</div>
    I never saw the appeal of the first Shrek myself.

Anyway, Bridge to Terabithia is out on DVD today, so I'm going to gobble that up.</div>
    That was fast, it's only out at the movies here...
  • BonzoBonzo New Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    I highly recommend Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain. However, it is a divisive film and I'd wager that fewer than half the people who see it will dig it. The vast majority of my friends hated it. In fact, the success of your experience with the movie completely hinges on whether or not you are able to connect to the love story. Personally, I was touched; my eyes were welling up at the end. The film boasts a wealth of brilliant design ideas and poses a number of provocative questions. This movie has been rattling around my brain this whole past week since I watched the DVD, so it must have done something right.

Every year is a good year for film, but I think 2006 was better than most. Titles like The Fountain, Pan's Labrynth, and Children of Men are, in my opinion, of a quality that typically only arrive once every few years.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited June 2007
    I thought the Aviator was rather good. A bit disjointed at times, but it was definantely worth the watch.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    Long time coming, but I decided to watch City of God anyway.

.... and thus the cycle of killing never really ends.
    edited June 2007
    Pan's Labyrinth. Very Very good, and sad!
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    Pirates 3: I read the reviews, saw the movie anyway, and enjoyed it until it approached the end. A half-hour from the anticlimactic conclusion, the film fell apart. Sparrow was still awesome. The love story between Will and Elizabeth that fueled the last two movies dissolved and never quite precipitated again.

Children of Men: It started strong and I enjoyed the characters, but the faux action scenes at the end put me off. The climax of the film was disappointingly textbook.
  • Agent_009Agent_009 Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    I saw this movie that's in limited release called Once and I really liked it. It's more like a musical or a movie about music, so it helps if you like soft rock ~ Coldplay esque music. Very inspirational, if you can find it playing near you I would recommend seeing it.
  • waterlily43waterlily43 Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    I just watched Suicide Kings...because I couldn't find my Boondock Saints DVD. Curses!
    Oh well, it's just as interesting. Twists in the plot keeps you guessing.
  • Seargent06Seargent06 Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    TLC- Little People Big World
    Castaway
    [url=\"http://obelisk1planethell.blogspot.com\"]Visit my blog[/url]

\"Smile It will confuse people and make them wonder what your thinking\"
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    A couple good ones;

Smokin' Aces
    The Departed
    Shooter
    Peaceful Warrior

All good flicks
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Just saw Knocked Up yesterday. It was incredibly funny, and incredibly crass. I haven't laughed that much at the theaters since Anchorman, and parts of 40 Year old Virgin. Definitely recommended to anyone who doesn't mind very vulgar comedy.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Jul. 05 2007,12:17)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Just saw Knocked Up yesterday. It was incredibly funny, and incredibly crass. I haven't laughed that much at the theaters since Anchorman, and parts of 40 Year old Virgin. Definitely recommended to anyone who doesn't mind very vulgar comedy.</div>
    Plagiarism makes the baby Jesus cry.

Oh, and Transformers kicked all kinds of Moo. The plot and characters were barely watchable, but the action sequences were cool. Normally, that's not my kind of movie, but I'm a sucker for giant robots that transform into monster trucks.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited July 2007
    God, I hate Judd Apatow...
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Stop whatever you're doing and go see it, right now.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    <div>
    (Jeffrey @ Jul. 11 2007,06:29)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Stop whatever you're doing and go see it, right now.</div>
    Seconded. It wasn't a perfect rendition, considering the book was over 800 pages, but it was done pretty well.
    SlayersSig.jpg

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited July 2007
    <div>
    (Jeffrey @ Jul. 11 2007,06:29)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Stop whatever you're doing and go see it, right now.</div>
    What if I don't really like Harry Potter?

And I haven't seen any other movies past 2 because I completely and utterly lost interest?

• JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Go see it anyway, heretic!

I watched Pulp Fiction again last night. It's better than I remember. Still not as good as Reservoir Dogs, though.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited July 2007
    Thanks, But I think I'll pass anyway.
  • Stick BugStick Bug Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    The Mothman Prophecies and Transformers.