If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Watch any good movies lately?

Comments

• Agent_009Agent_009 Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Went and saw Ratatouille yesterday, a very satisfying film for me. Even better, they recently put in new digital projections at our movie theatre making it more visually pleasing.
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited July 2007
    <div>
    (Agent_009 @ Jul. 19 2007,19:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Went and saw Ratatouille yesterday, a very satisfying film for me. Even better, they recently put in new digital projections at our movie theatre making it more visually pleasing.</div>
    I think that movie looks really cute. biggrin.gif But I love rats so that helps to fuel the cuteness. ;P

I went and saw Harry Potter today, in spite of a few nit pickings I can say I enjoyed this movie. biggrin.gif I think they keep getting better and better.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited July 2007
    I agree with the above statement. Although only 1 epic moment in was very enjoyable as a whole package.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Alen of BellwoodAlen of Bellwood Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Being a geek, I just sat back and watched The Lion in Winter. The older and better one with Peter O'Toole as King Henry II and Katherine Hepburn as Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine. Also, it marks Anthony Hopkin's screen debut. If you have any interest in the Middle Ages, go find it!
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Damn, I saw The Simpsons Movie today. It was fantastic. So much laughing, it was great. Funnier than most of the episodes in the past few years, in my opinion. Definitely worth a watch.
  • lost_keeperlost_keeper Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    I watched the Simpsons, too. Pretty good, I liked it... also <span class="spoiler">during the credits Maggie says sequel hahaha</span>.

The Prestige was a really good movie I rented last weekend.
    edited July 2007
    Wow, I'm somewhat surprised - I did not enjoy the Simpsons movie as much actually. There were definitely some really funny parts in the movie, but overall I walked away unsatisisfied. <span class="spoiler"> A lot of scenes I thought were a bit bland with the dialouge or lack of background music.</span> In my opinion, see it in a cheap theatre or wait for rental - there was probably a bunch of subtle things in the background I missed.
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Watched Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle after a recommendation. It was surprisingly funny and good. I can see how the movie would turn people off, and I myself wouldn't have normally watched this-- the premise of its story and the presence of two main characters as stoners was a turn off, but it's actually intelligently funny to a degree.

The chance to see two characters portraying Asian Americans in something other than their stereotypical roles (VERY rare) was a great refresher and gave me some hope about the media today (and then reading reviews about that Adam Sandler movie soiled that hope). The movie also poked fun at some of the things that irk me as an Asian American. Like during the credits I got a good laugh when <span class="spoiler">a reporter presents an artistic rendering of the two characters that should be "extremely accurate" representations, and turns out to be the classic caricatures of a Chinese and an Inidian. The scathing irony the writers were trying to convey was just perfect</span>. But like another review said, I think they could have pushed the social satire stuff more. I like social satire biggrin.gif

I can't wait until their next movie!
    edited July 2007
    <div>
    (Agent_009 @ Jul. 27 2007,23:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Wow, I'm somewhat surprised - I did not enjoy the Simpsons movie as much actually. ?There were definitely some really funny parts in the movie, but overall I walked away unsatisisfied. <span class="spoiler"> A lot of scenes I thought were a bit bland with the dialouge or lack of background music.</span> ?In my opinion, see it in a cheap theatre or wait for rental - there was probably a bunch of subtle things in the background I missed.</div>
    Well, I can agree with you on a lot of things. ?I didn't laugh much during the movie, but niether did I expect to. ?I knew, after seeing the current state of Simpsons television, that the Simpsons would never be the same as it was back in Season 4 or 5 or whichever was the best. ?So, I went into the movie just as a fan and nothing more. ?Oh, and I only paid matin?e price, so that's also a factor to my pleasure hehehe. ?grinning.gif
  • Stick BugStick Bug Member Full Members
    edited July 2007
    Saw The Simpsons Movie yesterday, and Immortal Beloved today.

Both were excellent.
    edited August 2007
    Just got back from watching Bourne Ultimatum - I'd say it's the best action movie I've seen this summer. My only gripe is that I don't like the director's use of shaky cam during his action sequences (same director for Supremacy), but that's just minor. Good stuff overall.
  • k-hosk-hos Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Just rented Hot Fuzz, heh heh heh.

tounge2.gif
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Oh yeah, I saw The Bourne Ultimatum saturday, and I have to agree with Agent, it was really entertaining. Also, I came to an important conclusion after seeing this and Supremacy: the best car chase scenes are ones where instead of deftly avoiding everything, you instead smash into everything. Awesome.
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Oh I am so getting the Bourne Ultimatum when it comes out for DVD! I typically don't like to rewatch movies, but I'll make an exception.
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Just watched Shinobi. It's the movie version of the anime Basilisk.
    Movie was awesome.
    edited August 2007
    Holy Mountain.
    edited September 2007
    Watched Stardust tonight and having heard that it would be kinda like Princess Bride from way back when, I found the movie to be rather enjoyable. Somewhat rare to see a movie like this come along and even better when it's got some good laughs. Oh and there's quite a role for Robert De Niro too. tounge2.gif
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    The Machinist w/ Christian Bale... saw it before, but damn that movie is raw!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Blood and Chocolate. Was actually insanely good.

And if you need something funny. Employee of the Month. Dane Cook ftw.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
    edited September 2007
    ::vomits::

Dane Cook should stick with Standup, thats all

I just watched Grandma's Boy again... ridiculously funny
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    City hunter. So cheesy that it's not for the lactose intolerant!
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Saw Bourne Ultimatum not long ago. That movie rocks. The 'chase' scene in... morocco, i think it was, had my adrenaline up so high it was physically painful.

Also saw Ratatouille the other day. It was entertaining enough but I pretty much forgot all about it the moment I left the theater, which is about the same reaction I have to all those CG films.
    edited September 2007
    I have fallen in love with Blood and Chocolate. It doesn't directly follow the book but I think the spirit of the book was alive and well in it.

And I rewatched Advent Children last night. I can't wait for the new version to come out.
    edited October 2007
    I wathed a very disturbing movie called "Closure" with Gillian Anderson (Scully from X-Files)

Recommended.

Also, a new documentary on WWII called "The War" is particularly fascinating. Nothing new, but lots of interviews from veterans, which im particularly fond of.
  • Cerpin TaxtCerpin Taxt Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I was just in the middle of Krzysztof Kieslowski's No End. This Polish director has quickly become on of my favorites. I've only seen his 4 last movies (The Double Life Of Veronique, Blue, White, Red) before his death. I recommend his films to anyone who enjoys artistic, but very emotional films. This guy doesn't get enough credit.

I really want to see Darjeeling Limited. Wes Anderson's amazing.
    edited October 2007
    Darjeeling Limited does indeed look like the makings to a good movie. Last night I rewatched V for Vendetta. Which is love.
  • Cerpin TaxtCerpin Taxt Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I have yet to read the V For Vendetta comic, but Alan Moore (writer) hated the movie. I, for one, loved the movie, but my opinion may be different after reading through the comic.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Fracture was painfully predictable and the plot wrecked about 20 minutes from the end of the movie, but it was taut and relatively clever. The antagonist was great, too.
  • T.G. CidT.G. Cid Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I finally got to see Donnie Darko last night. Amazing film, but I need to see it again.
  • gaborsviatkogaborsviatko New Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I watched the last Samurai also with English sub, it was quite entertaining:)