If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Old Say Anything Thread

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Looks like Interplay is re-releasing their old (that is, late 90s) RPGs in the UK. If you don't own Planescape: Torment already, you may want to take advantage of this.
    I DO own Planescape. I totally couldn't get into it. I couldn't get past the first level. Is there a YouTube video of how to do this?
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    There might be. Youtube seems to have everything these days. laugh.gif
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Ugh, Halloween. After years of living in not-so-nice neighborhoods, I now live in a little subdivision with sidewalks and lights, so I get a phenomenal number of kiddies at the door. I almost didn't have enough candy last year, and thought I was gonna have to start handing out canned soup or something. laugh.gif
    *comes to your house for a can of soup*

o.o
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Looks like Interplay is re-releasing their old (that is, late 90s) RPGs in the UK. If you don't own Planescape: Torment already, you may want to take advantage of this.
    I DO own Planescape. I totally couldn't get into it. I couldn't get past the first level. Is there a YouTube video of how to do this?
    I've only seen one LP on Youtube, but it had been sped up so it was hard to follow.

Getting out is easy though. <span class="spoiler">Just ask Deionarra (the ghost chick on the bottom floor) how to get out of the Mortuary, and she'll tell you about a portal that leads to the outside. Then just walk to the right of her and move towards the top of the screen until the portal appears.</span>

• ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Re: kittenofthepack
    Quote: wrote:

Sure. 'Cream of Mushroom' or 'Minestrone'? wink.gif
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited October 2009
    I make a pretty tasty minestrone from scratch. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited October 2009
    Well, with cool weather settling in, homemade soup is wonderful thing to look forward to. I've been thinking about baking some bread, too, since it won't burden the climate control (just the opposite, in fact).
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Homemade pizza with gooey Oaxaca cheese and garlicky sauce though wins hands down ^^
    edited October 2009
    I never heard of that. I doubt many people have. Oaxaca (Wikipedia). And it's a state in Mexico, too. Awesome! Do you think it might be served at Mexican restaurants?
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2009
    I only know about oaxaca cheese from my extensive viewing of the Food Network. Bobby Flay used it in a few of his shows, and I recall it coming up on some program about Mexican foods and how the typical cheeses used in American-Mexican cuisine are never found in real Mexican foods.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Is it wrong that I was only aware of Highland Oaxaca Gold and not the cheese?
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Re: kittenofthepack

Sure. 'Cream of Mushroom' or 'Minestrone'? wink.gif
    *steals your cream of mushroom soup*

MMmmmmmmmmmm

*waits for homemade bread*
    edited October 2009
    Heh, someone's on a comfort food kick!

*puts down a fresh baguette and looks away, pretending to be thinking about something else...
    - Mark Twain
    edited October 2009
    I've always wanted to try real Mexican cheeses. Unfortunately what most of us see on Mexican foods is actually British or American in origin (cheddar is British, Colby is from Wisconsin).

On another note, I bought a couple of pints of habanerros at my local farmer's market. I'll be enjoying them for a while. love.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Can someone tell me why Sonic CD is considered by so many to be the best in the series? I always hear nothing but great things about it and I finally got a copy of it. My god! This game is horrible!

The levels are way to large and horrendously designed and overly complicated on top the fact that there are 3 other versions of every level(Past, Bad Future, and Good Future). To travel to thous alternate versions you have to pass posts that say either Past or Future and then stay at top speed for a few seconds. Sounds easy enough except for the fact that the levels seem not to be designed to let you do that. They put to many obstacles on the ground (hidden and visible) to completely stop you in you tracks. The speed dash is horribly unreliable. You seem to have to be on completely even ground to perform it most of the time, and even then your lucky if it takes off.

I can over look all of these horrible flaws if the game was still fun to play but its these flaws that not only take away the fun, it makes it game damned annoying! What am I missing here? rock.gif

Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
    edited October 2009
    Dunno, I've never really played ... what are they called? Platform games? Except for that Jak&Daxter-themed game that came with my PSP, but I was bored and didn't have anything else to do but grid out every level. So Sonic is one of those "here there be dragons" kind of games to me.
    - Mark Twain
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited October 2009
    New laptop.... So Shiny!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Can someone tell me why Sonic CD is considered by so many to be the best in the series?
    Just a vocal minority. I've seen just as many people who feel the same way about it as you do.
    edited October 2009
    Re: bain_nick
    New laptop.... So Shiny!

What'd you get? My boss lent me his new laptop to use, and the shinyness is very seductive, isn't it?
    - Mark Twain
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2009
    Started a new cross stitch of a bird feeder.
    edited October 2009
    This isn't to say a whole lot, but it should allow all of us to actually read Paw's post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Vanishing post trick again, eh?

I've been incredibly unmotivated to work lately. I hope it's just the doldrums that seem to come with the autumn. My dad went through a depressive phase in his life, but I hope that isn't happening to me. I really don't think it is happening to me, but I worry a little, you know?

- Mark Twain
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Vanishing post trick again, eh?

I've been incredibly unmotivated to work lately. I hope it's just the doldrums that seem to come with the autumn. My dad went through a depressive phase in his life, but I hope that isn't happening to me. I really don't think it is happening to me, but I worry a little, you know?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ wink.gif
    edited October 2009
    *follows link

Ah, Graham Chapman, my favorite Pythonian. How did you know?

I am cheered by this youtube video. Alas, I still not motivated to want to work. laugh.gif
    - Mark Twain
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Anyone else get the feeling the Avatar videogame will be a lot better than the movie? Every time I see a trailer of all the cool stuff in the movie, I keep thinking "damn, this would make an awesome game".
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited October 2009
    I swear, can't anyone trying to debate against evolution do so without bringing up the Big Bang, abiogenesis, planet and star formation, etc? Despite what certain people will have you think there aren't "six types of evolution" in science, there is only one! These people are face-palm-inducing enough without having them bring up things that are not directly related to the topic!

Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited October 2009
    That leaves only one question:
    What is "abiogenesis"?

The one method of evolution is called natural selection. What are the other five called?

I think evolution of viruses and bacteria happens quickly enough that you can actually observe it happening. Evolution of multi-cell organisms, even those that reproduce quickly, happens too slowly to observe.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    The rain stopped! I think we may have nice weather for Halloween this weekend after all! ^_^
    edited October 2009
    Abiogenesis is the theory that life began from non biological origins. Also, there is only one theory of Evolution that has new things discovered about it and old ideas seen as obsolete or just not as strong. Believe me, we can go into the evolution debate adnasium, but we'll get nowhere and a lot of people will be pissed off.

As for evidence of evolution, look at the common dog. What's the difference between a dog and a wolf? Not a lot. In fact both are part of canis lupis (dogs are canis lupis familiar) However, the common dog is a subspecies of the wolf. What's that mean? The offspring of a dog and wolf is not completely viable, ie, the offspring can not reproduce. Ligers and mules have this status as well. More to the point with wolf-dog hybrids, they are close enough that one gender is viable. Anthropologist believe this was the case for sapiens and neanderthals, and why there are genes from both species in our DNA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Dude, you know what? Japanese people really do not like whales.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
This discussion has been closed.