If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Happy 2010 everyone! smile.gif

And Jeffrey is right about DJ Hero. Don't pick it up if you think its going to be as easy as Guitar Hero and such. We considered getting it. But got other games and movies instead. but it was fun to try out!
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I am culotte deep in probably the worst quest tree in RPG history. It's in Dragon Age BTW. I should have let Isolde off herself.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited January 2010
    the fade?
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting better, and even well enough to post a rant of my own to the Dragon's Delve thread.

I hate it when RPs go kaput. Having the same trouble IRL too. It is so aggravating.
    edited January 2010
    the fade?
    The fade was part of it! I walked into a room, already somewhat irritated with the way things were going on this lateral of lateral quest trees, and a sloth demon was like GO TO SLEEP and I went to sleep and woke up in The Fade! Then I had to learn how to turn into a bunch of things and go gallivanting around The Fade and free my friends and kill X number of minor demons to open the door to the SLOTH DEMON so I could kill it. Then I could get back to continuing to move the plot in a lateral direction.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    In the words of the great Jenny Lewis, talking leads to touching, and touching leads to sex.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    The fade was seriously awful. Terrible, terrible segment of the game.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited January 2010
    take a break from the redcliffe quest chain Davis and go murder the Dalish!
    edited January 2010
    take a break from the redcliffe quest chain Davis and go murder the Dalish!
    I'm so far down the rabbit hole at this point I don't even know how to escape. This is like a game long quest but it isn't actually a game long quest (I hope).
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I honestly found that part of the game irritating myself on the first play through. On the second one because I knew what to do I breezed through it, so it doesn't last long once you get it all done. I'm playing through a third time and past that already, so hang in there Davis, you can do it! ^_^
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Sloth demon was the extra horny one, right? She was hot. devil.gif
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited January 2010
    Quote: wrote:
    Sloth demon was the extra horny one, right? She was hot. devil.gif

i suppose that depends what you're into

stillwater273.jpg
    Quote: wrote:
    I'm so far down the rabbit hole at this point I don't even know how to escape. This is like a game long quest but it isn't actually a game long quest (I hope).

you're gonna love orzammar
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking more along these lines.
    desiredemon.jpg
    "She looks, Cayce decides, like a prop from one sequel or another of The Matrix; if her boobs were bigger she could get work on the covers of role-playing games for adolescent boys of any age whatever." - William Gibson, Pattern Recognition
    edited January 2010
    That's a desire demon broseph. Someone wasn't paying attention in demonology class. sarcasm.gif
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I can see where this is leading to. o.o
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited January 2010
    The Fade was when I realized that all the complaints about dungeon length weren't just because everyone was used to Bioware's later, shorter games. Orzammar is where the game finally broke me, and I put it aside for other, less grueling RPGs.

edited January 2010
    Are we talking about australian demons?
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I think we all agree that we need MOAR demonic <span style="text-decoration:underline">UNDER</span>youknowwhats. tounge2.gif
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
    edited January 2010
    Thought so.

Look, I'm a GUY and even I am getting tired of it...

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2010
    I'm home. Huzzah.
  • MangaMaster19MangaMaster19 Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Hope everyone is having a nice start to their year and that everybody will have a great year overall.
    (Most Anticipated Titles Of May: <span style=\'color:red\'>ModNation Racers, Lost Planet 2</span>)
    [url=\"http://backloggery.com/manga_master\"]sig.gif[/url]
    [url=\"http://www.userbars.com\"]aw476w.png[/url]
    [url=\"http://www.userbars.com\"]sxc2o5.png[/url]
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    Thought so.

Look, I'm a GUY and even I am getting tired of it...
    You could join me and rebel against all sides in the debate.

DFC for life.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited January 2010
    The Fade was when I realized that all the complaints about dungeon length weren't just because everyone was used to Bioware's later, shorter games. Orzammar is where the game finally broke me, and I put it aside for other, less grueling RPGs.
    Oh I'll take it on, don't get me wrong, I'm just gonna be a grouch the whole time. thumbs-up.gif
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited January 2010
    It's not so bad, I mean you get a pretty awesome character voiced by Stephen Blum. Man, I love Stephen Blum! biggrin.gif
    edited January 2010
    I'd take gorim over oghren any day of the week. What origin are you anyway Davis?
    edited January 2010
    Hey look, it's Shale! I liked HK-47 too!

@TDH: I am playing as a human but only because I want the deadbeat dad ending and I'm not sure how that interspecies stuff works in this *fascinating* universe. Otherwise I would have been a dwarven commoner named Annie because dwarves are cool and elves drool.

edited January 2010
    You can get the deadbeat dad ending if you're male whatever race. But its funnier to make <span class="spoiler">Alistair</span> or <span class="spoiler">Loghain</span> do it. Dwarf Noble is the best origin anyway.

edited January 2010
    That's a desire demon broseph. Someone wasn't paying attention in demonology class. sarcasm.gif
    Another example of why I'm no rolemodel. Stay in school and don't do drugs kids, or you too might hook up with the wrong demon. blush.gif
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I've been thinking (weird I know) about what this new decade is called. We called the first decade of the millennium the 2000s but what now? do we call this the 10s? 2010s? Do we just start over and the next decade inherits the name "the 20s" and so on? rock.gif
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited January 2010
    I've been thinking (weird I know) about what this new decade is called. We called the first decade of the millennium the 2000s but what now? do we call this the 10s? 2010s? Do we just start over and the next decade inherits the name "the 20s" and so on? rock.gif
    Pretty much. Ironically, there was probably a discussion like this at the turn of the 20th century.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II