If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2010
    Whoa whoa whoa. *slaps a PG-13 sticker on Jeffrey*
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Can we un-ban the "<span style="text-decoration:underline">YOU KNOW WHAT WORD</span>" now? blush.gif
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Gawd, please no.

It got mega seriously over used to the point of spammage.

And anyone who got their butts boxed for it got what they deserved.
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Don't blame the players, blame the game... You know, Arc Rise Fantasia. cool.gif
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    And speaking of that word that shall not be said, Record of Agarest War comes out in a few days.

Discuss!
    edited April 2010
    Voldemort.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Wait, what was I meant to answer quickly again. So much has happened since I last logged on (like whatever disgusting thing you have spoken about, I've seen worse on my placement, though confidentiality probably comes into play with the details.

Baaah, I'm gonna go have a sleep.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Apparently there was some issue with McAfee antivirus where it would delete a critical system file (thinking it was a virus) and cause XP computers to constantly reboot.

I got a mail from my company's helpdesk (we use McAfee and XP) that said there was some kind of problem. They said you need to call the helpdesk if you have the problem, and you need to leave your computer on and connected to the network in order to avoid having the problem. I guess the IT guys do some voodoo from their end.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Sounds super-inconvenient.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Well my wife had a natural miss-carriage. We're taking it well as A. Family History B. We're not in a good position to attempt kids right now.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited April 2010
    Wow. My heart goes out to you. There's just not much else that can be constructively said in response to news like that.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    edited April 2010
    A miscarriage was ironically how I found out I'd been pregnant myself. Sorry for your loss.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    I'm sorry for your loss. =(
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited April 2010
    On a lighter note, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 1 drops on Blu-Ray and DVD May 25.

I am so buying that Kife. I love Hiromu Arakawa's designs, and the animation for the FMA show.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
  • SundoulosSundoulos Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Well my wife had a natural miss-carriage. We're taking it well as A. Family History B. We're not in a good position to attempt kids right now.
    My condolences, though. I know what that feels like, twice over.

It's bad news day. One of my closest friends from college was just diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. I've already lost one close friend to leukemia recently. I don't want to sound, flippant cancer sucks.

Monster Hunter Tri ID: N49H18
    Monster Hunter Name: Sundolos
    Region: North America
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    My grandma had non-hodgkins lymphoma. She got over it. Twice. She gets blood tests every year to check for its presence.

In other news, Samsung is sampling its 20nm flash to customers. Anandtech has a review of the first consumer level drive with the SandForce controller. I have just one thing to say: $4/GB?
    zelda_001.png
    There's not much benefit to this over the Intel drive (10% more performance for 20% more cost). I'd just go with the Intel drive. Hopefully the 20nm flash makes things cheaper in the future.
    edited April 2010
    That's good to hear. At this point, I'm hoping they caught it early enough for the treatment to be effective. All I can do is pray, offer my support, and encourage my friend to stay positive.
    edited April 2010
    That's good to hear. At this point, I'm hoping they caught it early enough for the treatment to be effective. All I can do is pray, offer my support, and encourage my friend to stay positive.
    Well on the brighter side, Hodgkin's Lymphomas respond very well to combination therapies and because they have a predictable systematic spread are easier to track and isolate compared to other Leukemias.
    edited April 2010
    At least with miscarriages there's less of an emotional investment, and far less suffering.

Never been a father myself so I don't know what it's like, but you have my condolences.
    edited April 2010
    Well since we're talking about it already, my friend's grandma got diagnosed last week with stage 4 colon cancer. The oncologist gave her around half a year to go so his family decided to forgo treatment and just have palliative care for the remainder of the six months.
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited April 2010
    *peeks in* o.o

*goes back to hiding under the bed*
    edited April 2010
    kittenOTP! Where've you been? Haven't seen you around here since -- OMG -- New Years? Anyway, it's been a while.
    - Mark Twain
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited April 2010
    She's hiding under the bed again now...
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
    edited April 2010
    And she's been under there for four months? It's time to chase her out from under there. Where's the vacuum cleaner? laugh.gif
    - Mark Twain
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Just bang a catfood can with a spoon. She'll perk up and come see if she is being fed.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited April 2010
    I wonder who or what else might also come running if I tried that.
    - Mark Twain
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited April 2010
    Dremmy. He's got an insatiable appetite. laugh.gif
    edited April 2010
    On a lighter note, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 1 drops on Blu-Ray and DVD May 25.

I am so buying that Kife. I love Hiromu Arakawa's designs, and the animation for the FMA show.
    I don't really collect anime anymore, but I have been enjoying watching FMA:B on Funimation's website.

I seem to be the only person I know who prefers the new series to the old, but I think that most of the critics have only seen the episodes aired on Cartoon Network thus far. It gets really, really good. After the <span class="spoiler">Mustang vs. Lust confrontation in episode 19</span>, I was absolutely sold. I still go back to watch that episode every now and then.

edited April 2010
    I wonder who or what else might also come running if I tried that.
    *rubs against ACP's legs*
    ...what?
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited April 2010

I don't really collect anime anymore, but I have been enjoying watching FMA:B on Funimation's website.

I seem to be the only person I know who prefers the new series to the old, but I think that most of the critics have only seen the episodes aired on Cartoon Network thus far. It gets really, really good. After the <span class="spoiler">Mustang vs. Lust confrontation in episode 19</span>, I was absolutely sold. I still go back to watch that episode every now and then.
    I've been really enjoying the new series. I would say that it is far better than the original. However, the original series had the issue of "oh crap, there isn't enough manga written to even float by on filler." So instead of pulling an Inuyasha and ending the series in the middle of it (or at the VERY beginning as it is with FMA), they basically made up most of it as they went along. Also <span class="spoiler">Ling Greed is one of my favorite characters now. Great interplay between Ling and Greed in their internal world.</span>

AnimeMan, my condolences to you and your family.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II