If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ys Seven Wants to Be Your Facebook Friend

2»

Comments

• SheleighaSheleigha Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Ah my bad, guess I thought it was IV that finally came localized through DS, but I was thinking of VI (which hasn't quite made it here yet...) but V for sure JUST came out through DS. Sort of like FF III which only got to show its face here through DS... And yet I STILL wonder why that it didn't make it to PS1, but Chrono Trigger did in its place?

I wonder why back in the day they just skipped numbers? Was it like a pick and chose process? Looking at FF and how they originally just released I, IV, and VI :/ They honestly couldn't localize II, III, and V right away?

I'll honestly never understand some of these decision-makers >_>

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Ark of Napishtim was pretty fun, coming from someone who hasn't played any other Ys game. It got really difficult at times, or maybe it was just the awful final boss, but it was good fun.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I wish this would come out on the PS2.
    ---
    The PSP is not fun for me.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Get:
    PSP (NOT PSP-1000)
    PSP TV-out cable
    TV with 2x zoom feature (many TVs have this feature, many don't)
    Lastly, profit!

I have found this solution to be the best. Please note that YMMV (your mileage might vary).
  • nunuununuu Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    What's with the all caps on SEVEN? It's not all caps in the logo.

Nice extras (the Ultima old timer in me loves cloth maps) but facebook can go to hell.
    Because it's originally stylized that way by Falcom. Of course, Falcom is just indecisive in just about everything title and name-related since they also write is as 7, and on the cover of the Japanese version it's ys seven. tounge2.gif

But I do believe in early PR reports, it was listed as both SEVEN and 7.

Can't remember if they ever used VII.

And cloth maps are indeed cool. I've already pestered them to include a Codex Coin. XD
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Get:
    PSP (NOT PSP-1000)
    PSP TV-out cable
    TV with 2x zoom feature (many TVs have this feature, many don't)
    Lastly, profit!

I have found this solution to be the best. Please note that YMMV (your mileage might vary).
    If only this solution actually look good on TV in full screen without the blurry image.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Gosh what is it with Xseed and having poor canadian distrubution sad.gif

This isn't up on Amazon.ca or Gamestop.ca BOO
    ~Shining Nova~
    edited June 2010
    Gosh what is it with Xseed and having poor canadian distrubution sad.gif

This isn't up on Amazon.ca or Gamestop.ca BOO
    Might just be behind. Either way, Gamestop/EB Games will most likely have preorders up. Maybe not right now, but soon...

Oh and today is the last day for the Facebook contest, so winners I guess will be posted soon! *sigh* Too bad there's competition with around 1,000 people :/ I liked it better when I was member like, 95 tounge2.gif And I wonder if it's possible to bug XSEED for a free copy of the game for winners. Cause you know, your name IS in it!
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I don't know about Amazon, but I know there's been plenty of games that never reach EB Games/Gamestop Canada, usually lesser known games like some of the stuff Natsume or Aksys bring over that aren't Harvest Moon or Guilty Gear/Blaz Blue. Ys seems to be at least a little more high profile than Witch's Wish or Rockin' Pretty, so hopefully they really are just behind like Sheleigha says.

Might just be old bitterness talking, but I usually blame the required French instruction manuals and dual language covers for things like this.

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I don't know about Amazon, but I know there's been plenty of games that never reach EB Games/Gamestop Canada, usually lesser known games like some of the stuff Natsume or Aksys bring over that aren't Harvest Moon or Guilty Gear/Blaz Blue. Ys seems to be at least a little more high profile than Witch's Wish or Rockin' Pretty, so hopefully they really are just behind like Sheleigha says.

Might just be old bitterness talking, but I usually blame the required French instruction manuals and dual language covers for things like this.
    Amazon.ca is usually worse for rare titles than EB Games. They used to be decent, but lately it seems like anything that isn't a mega-blockbuster comes in months late or not at all. Atlas games are an exception to that rule, as Atlas seems to have a decent relationship with the Amazon.ca buyers (the pre-order swag is even available through them!).

We're lucky to have a couple of indie game stores in Toronto who try to get rare games and will take special orders.
    Becky Cunningham, Happy Snappy RPGamer Alum
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited June 2010

Amazon.ca is usually worse for rare titles than EB Games. They used to be decent, but lately it seems like anything that isn't a mega-blockbuster comes in months late or not at all. Atlas games are an exception to that rule, as Atlas seems to have a decent relationship with the Amazon.ca buyers (the pre-order swag is even available through them!).

We're lucky to have a couple of indie game stores in Toronto who try to get rare games and will take special orders.
    To be honest, during my EB Games reign, French manuals delayed bigger titles. Alien vs Predator 360 version got delayed because they forgot to put it in (yet sent us a first batch of copies without them attached later on anyways >_>), and many many many big PC titles. Usually Ubisoft was the biggest culprit. Silly how they have to go billingual on every place that is NOT Quebec >_> French-only speakers I don't really find commonplace, at least on the west side of Canada, to worry about all that. Not to mention Quebec has ALOT of French-only with no english on labels etc. How that is fair? Who knows...

Considering rare games, I actually got to see alot come in. Sometimes only 3 copies and that was it (like Ar Tonelico 2 boxsets) and they really were "preorder or you no get!" Vesperia CE got snapped up off shelves on the first day, and we only got 2 in! However, stuff like Lunar had lots of preorders, so we ended up getting a couple waves of shipments in. It all depends...

But yes, you are correct on Natsume etc. And I never knew why that was. We never EVER got any new copies of Rune Factory 2 in stock for several months after release. Maybe head office screwed up, who knows. Even when it finally came in they gave us like... 4 copies and that was it.
    Another thing we never got in was Risen. I remember getting phone calls, and I could only judge from our stupid estimated release date list, in which the game kept getting pushed back, therefore making me confused. Then I found out they were selling it at other stores, and something about how the company refused to give it to Gamestop. Can't remember the reason, something about we wanted to buy less stock than they asked or something. *shrugs* It was an odd, and stupid reason :/

*first-hand experience stories*
    Moral: I can almost assure you, even though I don't work there anymore, Ys will be available for preorder there eventually, especially since Lunar did well.

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2010
    What's with the all caps on SEVEN? It's not all caps in the logo.

Nice extras (the Ultima old timer in me loves cloth maps) but facebook can go to hell.
    You just made me like you. Anyone who doesn't like Facebook automatically wins brownie points with me.

I personally like the standard box art.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business