If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

E3 Lineups from Natsume and Square Enix

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited June 2010 in Latest Updates
E3 is just around the corner and two of RPGamer's favourite companies have announced what they will be showcasing. One company will be bringing us sheep-boy and ponies, while the other is bring us tons of RPG goodness.

Story.

Comments

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited June 2010
    No FF vs XIII was not a surprise, the lack of Agito on the other hand... I'm starting to worry. Could it have been scrapped for PSP? Making a surprise appearence as a PSP2 title during this years E3?
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited June 2010
    They've got Nomura in attendence this week. I'm still expecting something vs XIII related to turn up.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    LOL, yeah, their worst kept secret of the 360 version. laugh.gif
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    LOL, yeah, their worst kept secret of the 360 version. laugh.gif
    Hah hah, seriously! biggrin.gif
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I'm kind of amazed nobody's made a fuss about The 3rd Birthday showing up after all that time with no news. Guess they're too busy whining about the lack of Kingdom Hearts 3.

...no, really. Gaming press got it into their heads that Square was announcing Kingdom Hearts 3 and the internet's just been screaming about how evil they are for only announcing Re:Coded.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • He Who LurksHe Who Lurks AWESOME! Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I'm kind of amazed nobody's made a fuss about The 3rd Birthday showing up after all that time with no news.
    Probably most people don't have any clue what it is, they should stick the Parasite Eve name in there somewhere just so people get some idea.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    *yawn*. Looks like a boring lineup. They need some major surprises.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I'm kind of amazed nobody's made a fuss about The 3rd Birthday showing up after all that time with no news.
    Being mired in development hell isn't usually a good thing. Plus there's no indication it will even be playable. I'm stoked for another PE game but after the last outing I'm not terribly surprised interest in the franchise is waning.

They're also showing Front Mission: Evolved and no one really seems to care as it's not an SRPG. Looks more like a spin-off in the same action oriented vein as Gun Hazard.

EDIT: Anyone thinking KH3 would be revealed was kidding themselves. They stated months in advance they had 2-3 spin-offs in the works, not KH3.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • demonsoulsmasterdemonsoulsmaster Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2010
    *yawn*. Looks like a boring lineup. They need some major surprises.
    I second that. Where's the real games? I'm sick of watered down crap companies try to pass of as games these days.
    FFXIII doesn\'t have deep mechanics (the lauded \"Paradigm Shift\" is just a set of six different Gambits that you can\'t alter), and the \"story\" degenerates into two trainwrecks piled on top of each other.
    -Jeffrey
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited June 2010
    Major surprises from SE? I find that highly unlikely.
    Gun Hazard wasn't a bad game (nor was it incredibly good), but when it never came out over here and SE is making a deliberate effort to put action elements at the fore, even a game like that doesn't seem the best blueprint. It definitely was an action RPG, complete with being able to grind for awhile and make things a lot easier in combat.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • KiralynKiralyn Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I'm stoked for another PE game but after the last outing I'm not terribly surprised interest in the franchise is waning.
    It's been so long since PE2 that I'm sure alot of modern gamers don't even remember it (or know about it in the first place).

Me, I'd love another PE game. (Not thrilled by the PSP part, since I don't have one and don't plan to, but... ah, well. biggrin.gif )
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited June 2010
    I'm happy with the PSP games on this list, myself. 3rd Birthday is good news, I just hope its sticks to PE1's style as opposed to PE2. It would be really cool if those two got put up on PSN too, just to show/remind people what the series is all about. It would also help a poor sucker like me who only rented them when they first came out. sad.gif
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I really want to play 3rd Birthday and also Sleep After Birth.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited June 2010
    Anyone thinking *insert random want here* would be revealed was kidding themselves.
    That's the definition of E3. smile.gif
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I hope that list isn't it and that they have a suprise or two up their sleeves
    ~Shining Nova~
  • Sam = WiseSam = Wise Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Is that a new nickname for Birth by Sleep or something? tounge2.gif
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited June 2010
    The only games that I remember from Natsume was Shadow of The Ninja and the 2 Lufia game for the SNES.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • AirikAirik Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    I am ridiculously excited about Third Birthday. Just seeing more than a CG trailer will keep my morale up. I'd say SE is probably keeping Agito for TGS.

• SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Quote:(Sam wrote:
    Is that a new nickname for Birth by Sleep or something? tounge2.gif
    Sounds a bit icky ...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!