If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tales of Japan: Games We may Never See

124

Comments

  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Methodology:
    Information contained in this press release sources from two of The NPD Group’s ongoing consumer services covering the games industry:

    - Games Acquisition Monitor
    The NPD Group’s Games Acquisition Monitor is a quarterly tracker which measures both digital and physical forms of games acquisition activity, volume, awareness and usage of retailers and services, as well as other technology and entertainment activities that could influence game acquisition trends. It is based on online survey responses from over 8,000 members of NPD’s online consumer panel. Data is weighted and projected to be representative of the U.S. population ages 2 and older.

    - NPD Consumer Tracker
    NPD collects data on PC game purchases via its weekly video games consumer survey. Each week, over 180,000 individuals are selected from the NPD online consumer panel to participate in one of four weekly studies. The responding sample is demographically weighted and projected through a series of steps to represent the Total Adult (18+) and Total Teen (13-17) U.S. population. Respondents to the survey report whether in the past week they purchased a PC game on a disc or downloaded the game from a web site
    directly to their computers.


    Is what I'm referring to Wheels. Of course, this doesn't refer to console games but I imagine they use very similar methods - I don't see why they wouldn't.

    The source

    Which is nearly identical to VGChartz methodology.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Guys, you are failing to convince me. If they use similar methodologies, then I'm going with the company with the good reputation that has actually earned respect. VGChartz has been specifically criticized for poor tracking of poorer selling titles, so they aren't a good source to use here.

    Explain to me how the insane figure for Tales of the World is accurate in maybe we'll talk, until then I will not listen to any vgchartz numbers in arguments.

    Not that it matters, regardless of what Vesperia sold, its clear it did not sell a satisfactory amount for Namco.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Methodology:
    Information contained in this press release sources from two of The NPD Group’s ongoing consumer services covering the games industry:

    - Games Acquisition Monitor
    The NPD Group’s Games Acquisition Monitor is a quarterly tracker which measures both digital and physical forms of games acquisition activity, volume, awareness and usage of retailers and services, as well as other technology and entertainment activities that could influence game acquisition trends. It is based on online survey responses from over 8,000 members of NPD’s online consumer panel. Data is weighted and projected to be representative of the U.S. population ages 2 and older.

    - NPD Consumer Tracker
    NPD collects data on PC game purchases via its weekly video games consumer survey. Each week, over 180,000 individuals are selected from the NPD online consumer panel to participate in one of four weekly studies. The responding sample is demographically weighted and projected through a series of steps to represent the Total Adult (18+) and Total Teen (13-17) U.S. population. Respondents to the survey report whether in the past week they purchased a PC game on a disc or downloaded the game from a web site
    directly to their computers.


    Is what I'm referring to Wheels. Of course, this doesn't refer to console games but I imagine they use very similar methods - I don't see why they wouldn't.

    The source

    Btw the way the methodology described in that press release is only talking about PC downloadable games. Nowhere in there does it say that's what they use in general.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • fanboymasterfanboymaster New Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Sales figures on VG Chartz are based on estimates extrapolated from small retail samples.[2] VG Chartz does not want to publish any sources on how they get their data.

    From Wikipedia.

    This second part is important. It doesn't matter what they claim as their methodology if they won't explain how they're carrying it out. Sample sizes are important when you're extrapolating data, VGChartz is unwilling and/or unable to provide the size or source of its sampling. Whether the numbers are accurate or not is impossible to ascertain without any way to trace them back to their sources.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Every time someone mention the word accuracy when talking about charts It push my beserk button a little. There's no such thing as accuracy in Business Tactics so the words chart and accuracy don't mix because the numbers are just approximations and they all have a margin error. At least the chart proves that the fan base is divided by the 2 consoles. That's why companies like SE and Capcom moved multi-platform.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I'm with Omegabyte on this one, game sales figures are not an exact science and should not be viewed as such, but as a ballpark predictor it is immensely useful.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • fanboymasterfanboymaster New Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    The perfect solution fallacy is a logical fallacy that occurs when an argument assumes that a perfect solution exists and/or that a solution should be rejected because some part of the problem would still exist after it were implemented. This is a classic example of black and white thinking, in which a person fails to see the complex interplay between things, and as a result, reduces complex problems to a pair of binary extremes.

    NPD and VG Chartz are both estimates and thus by their nature have a margin of error. That does not mean that one is automatically of the same worth and accuracy in debate as the other. In this case, one is more verifiably accurate, acting as though it is useless because by its nature it cannot be perfect ignores the fact that we base things on imperfect information all the time, we simply use the best data we have.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2010
    If you guys really need to talk so much about sales numbers and the accuracy of these sites do it somewhere else and get back to talking about Tales.
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Considering Atlus and Xseed both regularly make money on games that are more Niche then Tales Namco really has no excuse.

    If they aren't going to bring them over. (They haven't done any in 2 years and currenlty have no plans to) they need to bite the bullet and let Xseed or someone else bring it over instead.

    There's obviously a lot of pent up demand considering all the attention it's been getting lately, so if they actually tried to manage it right for once by actually advertising it properly and NOT releasing it up against a huge game like Final Fantasy like they did with Abyss they might actually make some decent sales.

    In any case the fact we haven't gotten Graces yet is borderline criminal.
    ~Shining Nova~
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Considering Atlus and Xseed both regularly make money on games that are more Niche then Tales Namco really has no excuse.

    If they aren't going to bring them over. (They haven't done any in 2 years and currenlty have no plans to) they need to bite the bullet and let Xseed or someone else bring it over instead.

    There's obviously a lot of pent up demand considering all the attention it's been getting lately, so if they actually tried to manage it right for once by actually advertising it properly and NOT releasing it up against a huge game like Final Fantasy like they did with Abyss they might actually make some decent sales.

    In any case the fact we haven't gotten Graces yet is borderline criminal.

    You know what? I'm done with this argument. If you guys can't accept that the Tales series is not huge here, and things like Radiant Mythology 2 and the occasional main series title and such wont fly here, then that's a shame.

    I've enjoyed the games they've localized and will continue to whenever they bring one over.

    Your hate of Namco is incredibly misplace.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Wheels, you haven't efficiently articulated your argument. When you have a post that does so, return. For now, I agree, you should be done with this thread.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Wheels, you haven't efficiently articulated your argument. When you have a post that does so, return. For now, I agree, you should be done with this thread.

    Ok I'll make it simple.


    Namco- low funds
    Tales Games- not huge sellers
    Tales of Graces-not big seller in Japan

    These factors combined=no tales of graces/vesperia ps3

    Mature reactions-http://www.chronometry.ca/ Fan translation for Graces well under way , Finished Innocence translation- http://www.absolutezerotranslations.com/ In progress Hearts translation-http://blade2187.110mb.com/ Import Radiant Mythology 2/3 or VS, all quite playable without needing to know Japanese

    Immature reaction-See fans on namco facebook unable to accept reality

    These are my arguments.

    Got it?

    Have a nice day.

    P.S. Perhaps instead of arguing we can fight it out playing Tales of Vs. on the Japanese version of Ad Hoc Party?
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Wheels wrote: »
    Ok I'll make it simple.


    Namco- low funds
    Tales Games- not huge sellers
    Tales of Graces-not big seller in Japan

    These factors combined=no tales of graces/vesperia ps3

    Mature reactions-http://www.chronometry.ca/ Fan translation for Graces well under way , Finished Innocence translation- http://www.absolutezerotranslations.com/ In progress Hearts translation-http://blade2187.110mb.com/ Import Radiant Mythology 2/3 or VS, all quite playable without needing to know Japanese

    Immature reaction-See fans on namco facebook unable to accept reality

    Dragon quest used to be a pretty poor seller here and look what's happening now! 9 is one of the top ten games of July in the NDP charts.

    What did 9 have over 4 and 5 which both sold pretty bad on the ds? Well other then a lower price point which I'm sure didn't hurt it had actually advertisment something that NONE of the Tales games released in north America have had so far.

    And even if it's a low seller that dosn't mean that they can't make money off of it. Reduce costs, don't dub just sub and aim for niece success. 100k + sales which is standard for Tales game in the west CAN be successful if managed properly. This is a proven FACT.

    In fact Graces selling low in Japan (It was up against ff13 what did they expect?) is all the more reason to release it here to recoup some of the cost of making it in the first place.

    And fan translations aren't a great solution for people who want to play the games LEGALLY. The only way to play Innocence in English is to pirate it for crying out loud and I don't like having to be a thief to play it.

    And playing it in Japanese is Not an option for most considering how text heavy the games are. I can barely play a fighting game in another language let alone an rpg.
    ~Shining Nova~
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited August 2010
    By not dubbing it, it will definitely sell quite poorly, even for a niche title. What I loved about the few Tales games I did play is the fantasic English dub and I would so hate to lose that. I'm not a big fan of subtitle-only things. True, if that means more Tales games in the US, it may be something to sacrifice, but I'd rather not. Still, other people will overlook it or not get it because of the lack of a dub.

    Graces was released a week before FFXIII in Japan, not on the same day. Surely not everyone who purchased either game was too poor to buy both. Then again, I heard that Graces didn't sell too poorly, but it didn't sell as well as Tales games normally do. Perhaps the near-dates was enough to throw it off.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

    Twitter: BerryEggs

  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Now I haven't tried playing Radiant Mythology 2 before but I have a distinct feeling that given the shallow story of the first game, with a decent translation guide you wouldn't have any trouble navigating the game. I know for a fact that there's a menu translation picture guide out there somewhere.
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    By not dubbing it, it will definitely sell quite poorly, even for a niche title. What I loved about the few Tales games I did play is the fantasic English dub and I would so hate to lose that. I'm not a big fan of subtitle-only things. True, if that means more Tales games in the US, it may be something to sacrifice, but I'd rather not. Still, other people will overlook it or not get it because of the lack of a dub.

    Graces was released a week before FFXIII in Japan, not on the same day. Surely not everyone who purchased either game was too poor to buy both. Then again, I heard that Graces didn't sell too poorly, but it didn't sell as well as Tales games normally do. Perhaps the near-dates was enough to throw it off.

    To me I'd rather have Tales then not, and considering it's a niece series anyhow I doubt it would hurt sales that much. The only one that had really good voice acting in english was Vesperia anyhow so it's not like we'd be losing out on much and at least that way they could leave the skits voiced instead of cutting them like they have in the past.

    A week is close enough to be detrimental. Not just money but time wise as well. We're talking about games that can literally take anywhere from 40-100 hours or more depending on how thorough you want to be with them. (I put like 120 hours into Vesperia alone thanks to the sidequests)

    If you're going to be busy with one game for a long time would it be wise to spend money on another you don't have the time for at the moment? It was just plain stupid of them to release it so close to such a major competitor.

    And no even with a "light plot" I wouldn't touch a rpg in Japanese with a ten foot poll. Playing a light fighter like Naruto is already confusing enough and that has nearly no text outside of the menu. The bar is simply too high for the average user.
    ~Shining Nova~
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    And fan translations aren't a great solution for people who want to play the games LEGALLY. The only way to play Innocence in English is to pirate it for crying out loud and I don't like having to be a thief to play it.
    I do that all the time. I don't think anyone at least on a moral level would argue with you buying a game and pirating it too. It's true that such a practice is against the law, but it's not immoral, and therefore I personally don't have a problem with doing it. After all, you did buy the game. The developer and other stakeholders have been paid - what do they care as long as you don't redistribute your pirated copy?

    Re: No voice / Japanese voices only.
    Well it's a tradeoff. Does the cost of hiring good voice actors, voice direction, and programming talent needed for a dub offset the extra sales it will generate? If it won't, then don't. Free market, baby! Obviously this equation will balance differently from game to game. I could care less about the fans.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    It wasn't the sales of Graces that might have killed it, it was that the original version released in Japan was riddled with bugs, including several that made the game impossible to finish. As the Wii doesn't really do software patching, Graces was mass recalled so people could get a bug free game. This probably skews the numbers that Bamco are working with towards the management decision that is essentially "Play it stupidly safe or we've lost too much money this financial year".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • fanboymasterfanboymaster New Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Something about Arc Rise Fantasia is really giving me a Tales vibe, which is weird because it's not like it has a Tales battle system or anything. I'm probably gonna start binging these things again (last time I played through Symphonia, Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Legendia and, Abyss).
  • Dice.Dice. Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I'm constantly amazed that with the absolute rave the Tales series gets, it is also so neglected. I reckon thats one reason behind fan's disappointment. It is technically a well-known JRPG stateside... yet, the grand likelihood of the games not showing up in stores would be enough to make em' cry.

    I do partially blame Namco... they reallly gotta get it together and stop releasing (as fans call) "beta-testing" versions.
    Que Sera Sera
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Don't go overboard using that beta-test argument. Remember that we got the totally complete version of Tales of the Abyss.
  • Dice.Dice. Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Zelgodes wrote: »
    Don't go overboard using that beta-test argument. Remember that we got the totally complete version of Tales of the Abyss.

    well thank god for that, i guess. :P
    Que Sera Sera
  • EpyonEpyon New Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Never really got all that rage over the so called beta versions. The re-released versions usually have enough extra content to warrant a purchase if you're so inclined. Graces F seems to be almost twice the game the Wii version was, for instance. If you don't want to buy it again, just don't and ignore it. Of course, the problem we have over here is that we do want to buy it but can't.

    Arc Rise Fantasia apparently has staff that previously worked on the Tales series, so maybe that's why. I will most likely get that pretty soon, just wish they would have put more work in the english voice acting or just left the japanese voices instead.
  • Dice.Dice. Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I could see why. I don't go nuts for it and star petitions like some of the maniacs do, mind you.

    You wanted Tales of Vesperia (in Japan). X360 sells out of the pre-order bundle with the Tales game. People loved it. Some weird in-game occurrences (the incomplete "circle" at the end, character data for a non-existent character). All of a sudden, an improved version is released for another system without hope of these extras (even the bloody, simple costumes/attachments) seeing the X360. Just to add salt to the wound, the PS3 guidebook has an interview where the developer thanks people who played the 360 version, and hope you play the PS3.

    Graces now has an amazing upgraded version being released (graphics seem redone for the most part too), and a ton of extra content.

    Plus we rarely see Tales games here outside the mothership (and even only some of them).

    Tales is pretty mainstream for JRPG fans, I can see why so many would be upset.
    Que Sera Sera
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Dice. wrote: »
    I could see why. I don't go nuts for it and star petitions like some of the maniacs do, mind you.

    You wanted Tales of Vesperia (in Japan). X360 sells out of the pre-order bundle with the Tales game. People loved it. Some weird in-game occurrences (the incomplete "circle" at the end, character data for a non-existent character). All of a sudden, an improved version is released for another system without hope of these extras (even the bloody, simple costumes/attachments) seeing the X360. Just to add salt to the wound, the PS3 guidebook has an interview where the developer thanks people who played the 360 version, and hope you play the PS3.

    This isn't new for the series. Remember Tales of Symphonia for PS2? There are may reasons things get form a game before release, chances are they wanted to hit their deadline and had to make cuts. Obviously they had time to get these things into the PS3 version (probably released after a paid for period of exclusivity). It sucks, but chances are the changes were too big to do as downloadable content. A shame, but doing a new 360 version probably wasn't worth it for them either.

    Dice. wrote: »
    Graces now has an amazing upgraded version being released (graphics seem redone for the most part too), and a ton of extra content.

    Plus we rarely see Tales games here outside the mothership (and even only some of them).

    Tales is pretty mainstream for JRPG fans, I can see why so many would be upset.

    The non-mothership titles usually aren't very good, you're not missing much. There's some decent fan games (Tales of Vs is good fun) but that kind of thing obviously isn't really going to fly here.

    We've missed 5(4 really now that we have an Innocence patch) mothership titles, but I firmly believe we got the best of the bunch. Perhaps if Graces PS3 does really well in Japan they'll change their mind? The Wii version really did not sell w ell at all by series standards, and was a buggy mess. I have a feeling those two factors contributed to its lack of release here.

    I'd really like to know what happened with Graces, its not like the developers had no experience with the Gamecube/Wii architecture, maybe Namco rushed it for some reason?
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited August 2010
    Wheels wrote: »
    I'd really like to know what happened with Graces, its not like the developers had no experience with the Gamecube/Wii architecture, maybe Namco rushed it for some reason?
    Maybe they were trying to get the game out before Final Fantasy XIII? Barely made it on that one, and likely FFXIII caused many people to overlook Graces. I'm sure the bugs didn't help with sales, either.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

    Twitter: BerryEggs

  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Wheels wrote: »
    It sucks, but chances are the changes were too big to do as downloadable content.

    Look at DLC packs like the Fallout series, GTA, Dragon Age, ect. This is completely ridiculous assumption, especially given the content you are talking.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Dice.Dice. Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Wheels wrote:
    This isn't new for the series. Remember Tales of Symphonia for PS2? There are may reasons things get form a game before release, chances are they wanted to hit their deadline and had to make cuts. Obviously they had time to get these things into the PS3 version (probably released after a paid for period of exclusivity). It sucks, but chances are the changes were too big to do as downloadable content. A shame, but doing a new 360 version probably wasn't worth it for them either.

    There weren't all *that* many extras with Symphonia 2. I wasn't really to upset it didn't come here. Vesperia PS3 added a ton of bonus content that even looked like it should have been included in the initial X360 release - so no wonder fans are rightfully annoyed, they really did get duped. There was so much evidence that the X360 was sort of "incomplete". We lost two key characters, about 3 dungeons, a number of new quests, and even cut-scene changes. The most amazing thing was the amount of people I've heard on forums say they'd buy the game AGAIN on the PS3 should it see a NA release. But whatever, let's move on to other Tales games *fingers crossed* (can't wait!).

    Oh, and I honesty don't think the costumes were too hard to add as downloadable content.. =/
    (I *do* have the PS3 version, actually... and I will say, the greater half of them aren't even worth it haha. My Yuri is still looking pretty flash in his original chest-bearing blacks... )

    Wheels wrote:
    The non-mothership titles usually aren't very good, you're not missing much. There's some decent fan games (Tales of Vs is good fun) but that kind of thing obviously isn't really going to fly here.

    We've missed 5(4 really now that we have an Innocence patch) mothership titles, but I firmly believe we got the best of the bunch. Perhaps if Graces PS3 does really well in Japan they'll change their mind? The Wii version really did not sell w ell at all by series standards, and was a buggy mess. I have a feeling those two factors contributed to its lack of release here.

    I'd really like to know what happened with Graces, its not like the developers had no experience with the Gamecube/Wii architecture, maybe Namco rushed it for some reason?

    Haha, I honestly couldn't care about non-mothership titles myself. I hate the whining about even those not coming from the other half of the Tales-hard-on-fans. I've always *hated* the idea of visual novel, so those for-the-fans type games were never my cup of tea.

    Graces looked good - but I hated that it was released on the Wii, which is, IMO (nowadays) a joke console compared to the other towering juggernauts (too many gimmick games, certainly not the ideal system for grand adventure RPG lovers, limited by the system's hardware). I'm happy about the PS3 version (and happy Sophie's lost her 80's gray jumpsuit). I wouldn't mind seeing Graces here once and for all, since a "definitive" version is being released. People love Tales games - a shame we have to pray so hard to see one.
    Que Sera Sera
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    Dice. wrote: »
    There weren't all *that* many extras with Symphonia 2. I wasn't really to upset it didn't come here. Vesperia PS3 added a ton of bonus content that even looked like it should have been included in the initial X360 release - so no wonder fans are rightfully annoyed, they really did get duped. There was so much evidence that the X360 was sort of "incomplete". We lost two key characters, about 3 dungeons, a number of new quests, and even cut-scene changes. The most amazing thing was the amount of people I've heard on forums say they'd buy the game AGAIN on the PS3 should it see a NA release. But whatever, let's move on to other Tales games *fingers crossed* (can't wait!).

    You still can't call it incomplete without know 100% for sure why things were cut. Like I said before, they probably had to cut stuff to make release day. Happens all the time (See Assassin's creed 2 dlc). Wouldn't have been nice to have as dlc, but we don't know the feasibility of that, so no way to comment.
    Dice. wrote: »
    Oh, and I honesty don't think the costumes were too hard to add as downloadable content.. =/

    You don't think but you also don't know, who knows what kind of coding would have been required. Oh well.
    Dice. wrote: »
    Haha, I honestly couldn't care about non-mothership titles myself. I hate the whining about even those not coming from the other half of the Tales-hard-on-fans. I've always *hated* the idea of visual novel, so those for-the-fans type games were never my cup of tea.

    Graces looked good - but I hated that it was released on the Wii, which is, IMO (nowadays) a joke console compared to the other towering juggernauts (too many gimmick games, certainly not the ideal system for grand adventure RPG lovers, limited by the system's hardware). I'm happy about the PS3 version (and happy Sophie's lost her 80's gray jumpsuit). I wouldn't mind seeing Graces here once and for all, since a "definitive" version is being released. People love Tales games - a shame we have to pray so hard to see one.


    The only Escort titles worth anything are Symphonia 2(which we got), and Vs(which is easily playable in japanese and very cheap on ebay) so any whining about escort titles is silly!

    Let's not start calling the Wii a joke console-its sold an insane amount-its just that a lot of its audience are, for lack of a better term, "non-gamers". Still the system is lacking in RPGs, so I think there's got to be some reason it did not do well in Japan. Low sales of the PS3 version would confirm this (I'm going to pre-order a copy myself). It certainly looks like a good game!

    We don't really have to pray that hard, patience will see more Tales games here. Unless it bombs or something, I expect the new PS3 game to see a release stateside.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Dice.Dice. Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Wheels wrote:
    You still can't call it incomplete without know 100% for sure why things were cut. Like I said before, they probably had to cut stuff to make release day. Happens all the time (See Assassin's creed 2 dlc). Wouldn't have been nice to have as dlc, but we don't know the feasibility of that, so no way to comment.

    That's pretty **** reasoning then. If it was *their* fault, kinda sad we're the ones who have to pay for that additional content. If anything, kinda realizes the fault in DLC; paying extra for content already on disc even after paying approximately $60 for a title. =(
    Granted, if it was to compensate for a release date, cut the data... but, preferably: push the release date.


    You don't think but you also don't know, who knows what kind of coding would have been required. Oh well.
    Costumes shouldn't be much. Downloading the PS3 Vesperia ones are only a few hundred KB.


    The only Escort titles worth anything are Symphonia 2(which we got), and Vs(which is easily playable in japanese and very cheap on ebay) so any whining about escort titles is silly!

    Let's not start calling the Wii a joke console-its sold an insane amount-its just that a lot of its audience are, for lack of a better term, "non-gamers". Still the system is lacking in RPGs, so I think there's got to be some reason it did not do well in Japan. Low sales of the PS3 version would confirm this (I'm going to pre-order a copy myself). It certainly looks like a good game!

    What would excite you more? A remake of your favorite old-school title on a Wii? Or a PS3?
    The problem with the Wii I have is that...I can think of many ...mmm less than 10 titles I'd even want to have. Too many party games. The fact that people get excited for Virtual Console titles is even worse - getting excited over roms instead brand new titles? I'm not complaining about 'em, in fact they're great to have. But you still hear too many people saying "I've sold my Wii", or "it's gathering dust".

    I don't mean to call it a joke. It is a good system - I just wish it had more going for it.
    We don't really have to pray that hard, patience will see more Tales games here. Unless it bombs or something, I expect the new PS3 game to see a release stateside.

    I got giddy with Namco's facebook announcement.
    Que Sera Sera
Sign In or Register to comment.