If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

Comments

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2010
    O.O *gently hugs Aurian*
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    @ Aurian

That really sucks, I completely sympathize with that. I got locked in my basement some years back, and it was a similar situation. There were stairs immediately after you enter, and they were particularly steep ones, and despite being a fit, large dude, it was impossible to get the leverage needed to break the double lock on the door. I was down there for about six hours until my girlfriend came home from work. WEAK. No bath heh heh.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Well, there is an emergency screwdriver in the bathroom now!

Confessor - Yikes, at least my husband leaves reading material in the bathroom, so I could occupy myself a bit! Six hours? O_O

Paws - thank you *hugs*
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I can say from experience it is not fun being locked into a room (especially with claustephobia).

Especially being locked in say, the freezer room, because the door no longer opens from the inside, and it was late at night...
    I was soooo lucky someone heard my banging on the walls from next door (bosses owned both places at the time, and were renovating it), otherwise I would have spent the night in there.

And yes, my fever has broken, and the cold medicine is wearing off, so i'll be much less lucid then I was during that time.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Actually, "emergency cell phone" sounds like a better option, now that I think about it. Texting to the rescue!

Glad you're feeling better, bain.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    edited August 2010
    Thanks.

The problem with emergency phones are that you need to ahve them on your person and you don't tend to whilst actually working (well you don't if you are not a waitress, I swear half the time they come into my dishes area is to check their messages), or when in the bathroom.

Or if you are like me, my cruddy plan means my credit runs out in a couple of days, with only maybe half of it used (and a quarter of it on a prolonged phonecall, where I forgot to hang up, and mum and dad could hear me singing On Melancholy Hill badly in the car).
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    edited August 2010
    Be sure to post an mp3 of that. :)
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    edited August 2010
    I think that is the worst thing I can do. 40 minuts of me trying to sing the same song over and over again.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Yikes poor Aurian. Glad you got out of there finally. I'm counting down to the first day of school. The girls are driving me crazy just having a day of sibling fights. Amrita is 14 now so she's at the stage where she's in the bathroom ALL the time. I took pity on my youngest and let her use our bathroom since Steph was using the downstairs one. Amrita came out of the bathroom finally and Steph told her, "Man you were in there a long time. You'd think you'd be less ugly." Then a fight broke out, then Ariana was in on it and I had to break it up. Now everyone's in their respective corners taking a break and I have a headache.... T_T
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Ahhh! Raina you get the pleasure of dealing with a teenage girl. Teens love to test your limits ... I know I did with my mom. o.o
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I was too much of a geek to be a pain in the ***.

Except when it came to grounding though. You'd swear I was related to MacGyver.
    edited August 2010
    ha ha yes my mom and my grandma pat are enjoying this especially since I get to do it two more times. Oh and I was taking a shower and Amrita flushed the toilet in the other bathroom. She came running into our room after she heard the scream of, "AAAUUGGGHHHH HOTTT!!!" and I hear her yelling through the door, "Oops! Sorry Mom! I forgot!" Darn kids.... XD
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    I wondered why this is a problem so I looked it up. The answer? Warm water minus cold water equals hot water!
    In your house, there's probably a 1/2" cold water line to your bathroom. When the toilet needs water to refill the bowl, it turns the cold water on full blast - so there's less for the shower.
    Newer homes use 3/4" cold water lines so this isn't an issue.
    The problem is fixable (replace your bathroom cold water line) but it's really expensive and probably isn't worth it.
    edited August 2010
    Yet when the toilet is flushed here, I get cold water when I'm in the shower.

Also I hate politics, I hate the 2 major parties, and I would love it if they both were ejected.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited August 2010
    In the Sept. 2010 issue of Nintendo Power's Power Up section: "Dodongo Dislikes...Cyclopses, pirates, and anyone who can't see 3D"
    ...Is it bad if I immediately thought of a certain dragon who owns a certain RPG site?
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited August 2010
    What about those who can see 3d, but dislike it?
    edited August 2010
    Ahh that makes sense. Yes, it probably isn't worth the expense. That was the first time it had happened in a while so not too terrible. As for 3D it's great for some but not for others. I just can't handle it. I always feel nauseous and the vertigo kicks in something fierce. Ah well.
    edited August 2010
    So what's next after a 3D ds? o.o
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited August 2010
    After 3D DS is the DS that psychically connects to the users' mind (via a sharp spike that burrows into the brain). Now you will finally be able to smell Mario and the whole Mushroom Kingdom. Start writing those angry protest letters now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Eww.... I don't want to smell sweaty fat Italian men who crawl around in sewers all day.... X-|
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't mind smelling all the pizza and spaghetti with meatballs he rolls around in though :P
    edited August 2010
    DS Smell-o-vision! It will sell MILLIONS!
    edited August 2010
    Ah...vaporware

*ducks*
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited August 2010
    Aurian wrote: »
    Eww.... I don't want to smell sweaty fat Italian men who crawl around in sewers all day.... X-|

But... but... its MARIO!!!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited August 2010
    Does Mario do any plumbing now adays? With the amount of Swimming he does, he probably doesn't smell too bad.
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited August 2010
    shentino wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind smelling all the pizza and spaghetti with meatballs he rolls around in though :P

Granted, Cooking Mama would be just that much more awesome... Did I really just say that?
    shentino wrote: »
    Ah...vaporware

*ducks*

I would throw something, but I'm laughing too hard.

Speaking of vaporware, Blizzard actually recycled the protagonist from Starcraft: Ghost in Starcraft II. In one of the missions
    Spoiler:
    you have a choice to make after Ghost operative Nova (from SC: Ghost) contacts you to tell you that Gabriel Tosh is using you and will betray you. Of course you can choose to fight against Nova and free Tosh's Spectre Operatives from New Folsom Prison (totally worth it, think permacloaked Ghosts that can blow stuff up with their minds). However, if you choose to fight against Tosh, you get control of Nova for a mission (and get Ghosts, which now snipe). Personally, I rather have my spectres running around mindblasting everyone. Plus, Tosh is entertaining on the Hyperion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited August 2010
    http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2010/07/charlie-chaplin-copyright-bill-silences.html

Just thought I'd post this, to show how some people can be right bastards to those just trying to help others.

Edit: though apparently someone donated an original score to the footage, good will wins out at least.
    edited August 2010
    Lawyers posing as business men, tsk. Talk about a crocodile in wolf's clothing, these guys are it.
    - Mark Twain
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited August 2010
    Well, I finally found my second Wii remote after the move over two months ago...

And somehow the entire box it was in got soak at the bottom (many object on top were fine...where did that come from?). The remote was fried. At least the nunchuck still works, so I only only have to buy another remote...
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited August 2010
    I like her video, glad she got a musical score. Seriously, it really irritates me that they basically bullied a child doing something for charity. Talk about blackened souls....