If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

2nd Super Robot Taisen Z - World Destruction Chapter

2»

Comments

• TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2011
    Okay, after a several-month break where I was too distracted by other games (err... Dissidia Duodecim...), I finally got back into Z2, and just managed to beat it a few hours ago. It took me far more gameplay time than it really should have, thanks to my poor Japanese language skills, fondness for watching the attack animations, obsessive perfectionism, and taking way too much time to plan my strategies. 177 hours on the game clock... How did that happen?!

Beat the game in 266 turns, and got 25 or so characters their Ace bonus in the process. Crowe was the unquestionable main Ace of my team, with pretty much all the Gundam 00 Meisters rounding out the rest of the top five. I'm really proud of getting 45 SR Points by the end of the game, and only really ever losing a unit mid-battle about five or so times. Of the game's major secrets I only managed to get the Super-Alloy Z and the Tornado Pack (thanks for the tip, Quin!), but that's what second playthroughs are for (hopefully much, much shorter than my first...).

Unexpected favorites: Dancougar Nova, God Mars, Macross F units, and the Cosmo Crasher. I have no idea why I liked that last one so much, but I even deployed it on the final battle (where it actually was pretty useless. go figure.). It's kinda fun to use a mix of both the good and the bad units. Makes hard mode even harder, though...
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I just bought a copy of super robot taisen EX (Super Famicom) the other day, and was wondering first if there are any guides on the internet for this or other robot taisen games, and second how good this version of the game is.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited November 2011
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • stealthstealth Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    z2 part 2 was just announced for april on the psp
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2012
    stealth said:
    z2 part 2 was just announced for april on the psp
    Indeed, April 5th.

There is much glee. I will be continuing this thread for Z2.2, so I should probably get the review up for Part 1 reasonably sharpish.

Best part, April 5th is six days after I hand in my final year dissertation, fantastic timing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • stratrpgamerstratrpgamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2012
    Quin said:
    Indeed, April 5th.

There is much glee. I will be continuing this thread for Z2.2, so I should probably get the review up for Part 1 reasonably sharpish.

Excellent news. Namco-Bandai is making up for last year's release schedule!
  • VampiricDragonVampiricDragon Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2012
    i love srw
    edited March 2012
    [video=youtube;NuoqB1QDxO8]

So much to /glee over, so little time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited March 2012
    IT'S TOO MUCH, THE MECHA AWESOME IS OVER 9000!

Is it sad that I know every mecha anime shown over the course of that video, and that I now have to watch ALL OF THEM again? Not enough time in the world. T_T
    User Database Check
    Current Month and Year: March 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: Climactic Battle
    Number of Spammers banned: An ungodly number
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    That...that was...amazing.

I have a sudden irresistible urge to go watch mecha anime now....
    edited March 2012
    srw has experienced its best gen this gen I think
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited March 2012
    Holy dear heavens of mighty nerdom

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
    edited March 2012
    Quin said:
    The Brasta (Can also be localized as "Blasta/Blaster", but this name will make more sense later, trust me on this one).
    I forgot, I was going to address this a while back. The reason for the slightly strange romanization of the name is the current going theory on the Brasta's upgrade is that it'll be named "Librasta", in order to fit in with the zodiac theme naming (Virgola Glory, Gunleon and Airetis).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    i need to burning finger something
    edited April 2012
    New thread up for SRT Z2.2

Locking this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.