If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Played quite a bit of Xenoblade today. The quests in Frontier Village were just a little overwhelming. I got 'em all, though!! :3
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • CloudzeroCloudzero New Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Almost finished Valkyrie Profile Lenneth for PSP! Pretty unique and impressive; I just wish the story was tighter.
    "Sit your @$$ down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!" —Cid FF7
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited April 2012
    Well, what do you know - a Rancor will kill instantly. Good thing I didn't have to fight it to proceed. Now to get a droid for that Mandalorian who wants to get off Taris by running the Sith blockade. Knights of the Old Republic, keep on like this and I'll just have to keep enjoying it.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I have reached chapter 4 in Tales of Graces f. The last boss of the chapter was easier than I thought, because the second last boss gave me much trouble. I had to use 7 Life Bottles!

In Legend of Mana, I have completed 20 quests out of 67. Everything's going according to plan so far.
    edited April 2012
    Still loving Xenoblade, still a disgusting amount of quests haha. The story is picking up, but I really feel that this game is lacking in character development. I think I've just been spoiled by Tales.
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Well, what do you know - a Rancor will kill instantly.
    In case you're curious, you don't get anything special for killing it in straight combat.

It's not a fun fight. Not. At. All.

As for me, I've been...reading. Yeah, that's right: reading. No gaming. Just books.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Tales of Graces F. I'm working my way through the Zhonecage now. Which i have to realize is
    Spoiler:
    the big thing holding the satellite that is Ephinea together
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2012
    TG Barighm said:
    In case you're curious, you don't get anything special for killing it in straight combat.

It's not a fun fight. Not. At. All.

As for me, I've been...reading. Yeah, that's right: reading. No gaming. Just books.
    That's the club I've been in lately. More reading than gaming. Also doing reading for my job so it's not even PLEASURE reading on my end.

I miss games. :(
    edited April 2012
    Well, I just finished the last book in the series, so I'm done with the reading. Time for gaming! Just in time for Witcher 2 Enhanced version. My, that game is quickly turning into one of the best reviewed games of the year, but I didn't like The Witcher much. Here's hoping there is more to the sequel than just a protagonist who gets laid a lot.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Dragon View!
    Currently on the way to the desert temple.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited April 2012
    So, as usual, I have a list of current games that I'm playing. On the PS3 I got Kingdoms of Amalur still (which keeps getting bumped off by newer games), on the Wii i have Xenoblade where I'm smushing some bug things, on my DS I have Devil Survivor 2 and I'm just trying to fuse as many demons as I can, and on the PSP I'm playing Crimson Gem Saga which is what I've been mostly focusing on and it's going good.

I'll be going to Tales of Graces f after I beat Kingdoms of Amalur. Hexyz Force is waiting for me after CGS. The only system I have that I'm not currently playing something on is my 3DS, where I'm bouncing between Skylanders and Mario 3D Land.

So many games on the back log, so little time in the day! Makes me wish my interests would include things outside of 40-80 hour epics.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Finishing up Legend Of Dead Kel on Kingdoms Of Amalur so I can get ready for the Teeth Of Naros content.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    So i put down Tales of Graces F and am now working on Tales of the Abyss
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
    edited April 2012
    Off to explore more planets in Knights of the Old Republic. Kashyyyk next... or something else?
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2012
    JuMeSyn said:
    Off to explore more planets in Knights of the Old Republic. Kashyyyk next... or something else?
    I actually want to proofread this review. I played KotOR on PC years after it came out, and came away with the impression that I liked it a lot more than people who played it the year it released. I'm kinda interested in what you think, not just because you're also playing it late, but because you don't play many WRPGs. Is this your first BioWare game?
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Iv been playing some more Demons souls so far Iv beaten the dragon Archdemon the old monk and just today I beat the Storm king all i need to do now is kill the king and the defilment one, I almost got to the king the last time but a black phantom ostrava kicked my butt and I havent even really been into the defilment area I did once but didnt get very far. Iv managed to do most of the game myself this time apart from some of the bosses which I looked up on youtube, Iv yet tobe invaded yet and I haven't even seen a summon sign.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Demon's souls PvP isn't as lively as it used to be - especially now that they've announced that the game is going offline on May 31.

Still an absolutely amazing game though - one of the best. Dark as well, which I happen to be playing for the fourth time around at the moment.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited April 2012
    I just advanced to Disc 2 in Grandia 3. Very close to where I gave up on the game when I originally played it oh so many years ago. Still just as mediocre and unimpressive as I remember it being. Everyone's close to level 25. Dahna's having some trouble learning Special Moves, but shes an incredibly strong magic user and my favorite character to use in battle. Hopefully there will be a difficulty spike sometime soon as battles are starting to get really repetitive.

Also, I'm still spending some time fighting online in Naruto Generations for the Xbox. This game has held my interest for longer than I expected. Probably helps that fairly good at it too. People have been infuriated with my defensive style of play, and I've acquired quite a bit of hate mail because of it. I'm not at all familiar with the Naruto series, but if anyone is curious my favorite characters to pick (based purely off their fighting capabilities) are Ino, Young Kakashi, Cloak Kabuto, Danzo, and Young Kankuro.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
    edited April 2012
    I don't remember any other BioWare game I've played, so KOTOR might just be my first. I decided to hit up Manaan and found a world that seems to just be the city above the waves, but now I get to go down into the malfunctioning sea station and see what's wrong with it.
    edited April 2012
    Stupid Lashowe. I gather that I'm able to get some prestige by persuading her to accept some help with her own Sith initiation idea, but my charisma must not be high enough. Oh well, I killed a couple of the other academy prospects while running around. KOTOR is full of memorable moments like this.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I tihk I've completed around 30 quests in legend of Mana. I haven't played much else this week, because I haven't been able to decide what to play. New week I will be playing Risen 2. Looking forward to that.
    edited April 2012
    I gather that I'm able to get some prestige by persuading her to accept some help with her own Sith initiation idea, but my charisma must not be high enough. Oh well, I killed a couple of the other academy prospects while running around
    It's been a while for me, but yeah, you generally gain a lot more prestige for screwing with people than you do for outright killing them. For example, you can convince one student to complete an entire quest for you, even assassinate someone and then kill him yourself and take the artifact he finds. When you tell the instructor about it, he laughs his butt off. It's also possible to complete all of the quests and still not have enough prestige...I think. I remember this one playthrough where I was forced to just kill everyone in the entire settlement and then break into the final tomb on my own.

Damn you EA for passing on KotoR 3!
  • Berserk_AlucardBerserk_Alucard Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I still need to get round to playing Kotor 2. I played the original on the PC and the xbox version of the second game seems slightly more glitchy and clunky compared to on the PC..maybe I should try and track down the 2nd game on the PC.

I started up a new save on Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth today. I tried to play it a year or two ago and was confused by the gameplay and menus, so I read up on some stuff this time and I've been really impressed and having fun with it(apart from when I get stuck in dungeons...damn the lack of tutorials/bad explanation.)
    edited April 2012
    More Xenoblade and more shmups. I'm currently fiddling with Deathsmiles (1 & 2) and Raiden III.

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Played through the Diablo III beta.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Been kinda busy lately but I'm still plugging away at Devil Survivor 2 and Xenoblade. In DS2 I'm getting ready to throw in the towel on the optional fight against
    Spoiler:
    Yamato
    on Saturday afternoon. I'll probably give it a couple more tries tomorrow morning before moving on. I would really like to crack a couple of the skills available there but dude is pretty brutal.

In Xenoblade I've gotten through the ether mines and got as far as the start of the marsh whose name I forget. I'm planning to spend most of my time on this game tomorrow after finally replacing my defective classic controller earlier this week and discovering how much more fun it is when I don't have to constantly jiggle the cord to get buttons to work.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited April 2012
    Played through the Diablo III beta. I feel like a broken record when it comes to this but... would it kill developers to make their games challenging? I shouldn't be able to play a game for 3-4 hours without dying once.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited April 2012
    I'm playing Dragon Age II again for some reason I can't adequately explain. To remind myself why I don't like it, maybe? It's still as tedious as when it came out.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2012
    Been noodling around with a few games, though I really just sit and need to beat these so I can stop feeling guilty about my backlog.

Yakuza: Dead Souls - Hit Goda chapter 3. Tempted to just bust through his chapter this weekend so I can get to Kazuma's bit and then rush to the finale. Definitely has a nice challenge at times, though it's also a bit too generic for a Yakuza game. We'll see once I sit down and actually review the damn thing.

Tales of the Abyss 3D
    - Moving towards the finale as I am heading back to Mt. Zelho for the last time. Still loving this game, but remembering how much the amount of backtracking drove me bonkers the first time I played it. Still don't like it even now. Also got Jade in a swimsuit. Dragon Age: Origins - I regret starting this up again because now I'm completely addicted to it. Didn't help that a girlfriend of mine was afraid of starting this game up and wanted a buddy to help her get use to the controls and whatnot. I'm playing a City Elf this time, and while I'm not an elf person normally, I have to admit, I love how they handled that origin plot. Currently in the Deep Roads after 8 hours! :D
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited April 2012
    Haven't been playing any Majora's Mask recently. In Skyward Sword, I obtained the first of the sacred flames. The side mission to obtain sacred water for Faron seemed like padding, but at least it was over with quickly. I didn't fight the Ancient Cistern's boss myself, as my sister suggested her boyfriend play through part of the dungeon, including the boss.

As for Oracle of Seasons, I recently cleared Jabu-Jabu's Belly. That place was quite annoying to get through, even with help from a FAQ. :P
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "