If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

33: SUPERHERO Game

1474849505153»

Comments

• AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited April 2012
    "I'm all for kicking the door in and laying waste to anything behind the door. Any objections?" Jericho primes the EMP gun.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    (Atlas won't know this, but can anyone spare their Morphine? He's going to be getting up close and personal, so he could use it.

Also, I've decided to continue tracking changes to ref. sheets since I'm the only person with the master copies. I won't be making rulings on changes, just tracking those changes that occur. Should I remove Roboman and LALA's ref. sheets? I get the feeling we won't be needing them anymore)

**The EMP Gun immediately ups Jericho's load to Medium.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    (Thanks, that helps me out a lot TG! I'd prefer to keep LALA and Robomans sheet up there for reference sake though, if its not too much trouble!)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited April 2012
    (Sure TG, Atlas can have Tom's.)
    Tom makes sure he has his gasmask on, and exits the lift.
    edited April 2012
    The team readies themselves before a swift kick from Atlas breaks down the door to the Control Centre.

The doors opened to a walkway surrounding a circular central platform, about a meter up from where they entered, with stairs leading up to the central area. Above the walkway was a second walkway on the second level. The opposing wall consisted of two huge windows, though upon closer inspection these weren't windows, but monitors processing the visual input from Mecha Menace's eyes.

The walls were lined with computers with various blinking lights and the central area featured several terminals and pilot seats, currently unoccupied.

In fact, the only person in the room was a red-haired woman, tall and slender, wearing skin-tight red leather and stiletto heeled boots. In the otherwise gloomy atmosphere with silver gray metals dominating, she stood out like a light-beacon in the night.

Besides the woman, there were at least a dozen or so Mini-Menace's, two of which appeared to be piloting Mecha Menace. The others immediately turned to the team as they entered. On the left of the central platform, L.A.L.A.'s body had been secured to a table. She did not appear to be operational.

"Blast!" the woman cursed as the team kicked in the door. "You will not stop the revolution! Take care of them my pets!"
    edited April 2012
    (A dozen mini-menaces and the space is too small for Jericho to roast the lot...I'm gonna need a map to keep track of this one)

Atlas will pump himself with the morphine (it temporarily increases his max. HP by 1) and wait for Jericho to act first. He is hoping Jericho will soften the bots up a bit before going in himself. When he does finally get out there, he'll focus on charging the nearest bot, grabbing it, and use it to hammer the rest.

Remember, he has a 1d3 chance to "tough out" damage directed at him.
    edited April 2012
    Tom will go straight for the woman, leaving the bota for the rest of the team. If he can get enough of a run up, he jump kicks her(That's an auto critcial if it hits.)
    edited April 2012
    Jericho starts with a blast of fire to the mini-mechs in front of them. He then switches to the EMP gun and starts picking off the mechs, starting with any Atlas isn't attacking.
    edited April 2012
    (( Sorry for the delay again, I tried to draw a map several times but it just becomes a bundled up mess of frustration. If I'd known you would want a map before the scene I would have looked for a map and adjusted the main hall accordingly, but currently a description is all I have. ))

Jericho sent out a huge blast of fire, burning five of the mini menace's in the process, though his flames weren't hot enough to kill them outright. The EMP gun on the other hand was quite effective and Jericho started taking out Mini menaces left and right, one shotting them like there was no tomorrow. Within moments, a third of the mini menaces were taken out of the picture.

Tom meanwhile rushed towards the woman, shooting up into the sky and feeding her a foot-sandwich, knocking the woman back at least thirty feet and into the screen which now had a huge crack in it due to the force of the blow.

When Atlas joined the fray after adding Morphine, he immediately grabbed onto one of the robots, lifting it high up in the air and swinging it around like a club, slamming into the other mini menaces. Combined with the damage of Jericho's fire, Atlas took out three mini menaces, including the one he was using as a makeshift club!

But it wasn't all success - the leftover menaces opened fire and though Atlas was able to tough out most of the damage (1 damage), Jericho and Tom both took some several hits (3 damage each!).

The woman in red quickly got up after being slammed into the viewscreen. "Activate self-destuct sequence!" she ordered "Two minute count-down!" Immediately the screens changed to a two minute clock counting down.

Seeing she would have to do more than that, the woman grabbed a whip from her side, the thin wire running some three meters from the hand piece and glowing brightly - whatever the whip was made of, it was glowing red hot and it would obviously be dangerous. She readied for an attack, aiming to slash at anyone before they could reach her for hand to hand combat.

OOC:

Current situation: woman in red near the left view screen, two mini menaces piloting mecha menace, three in combat with Atlas, another three in various dispersed positions firing at the team.
    edited May 2012
    Atlas will throw the mecha-club at the nearest menace and then charge the woman. He doesn't care how much damage he takes (hopefully, not too much) and will focus on grabbing the woman and pinning her. If he gets a hold of her, he will begin cracking her arms and crushing her legs. He will continue to inflict as much pain as possible, without actually killing her, until she cancels the self-destruct sequence (unless anyone else has a better idea).

"Cancel the self-destruct or I'll break you!" he will yell.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling she won't go down that easily. Maybe Tom should help out? Let Jericho finish off the menaces.

ATLAS STATUS: -1 HP out of 9 HP (temp.)
    edited May 2012
    (Are you taking my dodge skills into account?)
    edited May 2012
    Jericho continues to take on the mechs with the EMP gun. When he gets a chance, he phones Roboman or The Mechanic (or however he was able to communicate with them. I completely forgot.) "Roboman? Mechanic? We have a problem! A self destruct sequence has started! Two minute countdown! If you can shut it down from where you are, do it!"
    edited May 2012
    Acathala wrote: »
    (Are you taking my dodge skills into account?)

(( Yeah - Tom is more exposed as he has to cross the distance to the woman in red. Since she is now no longer in the center of the room however, he can get to a better position and attack with Atlas? ))
    edited May 2012
    (The reason I ask is because I got all the the dodge traits, plus a positive factor on dodge from unarmed master, and dodging is a seperate dice roll. Assuming Tom is aware of all the attacks, and isn't suffering negative factors, he dodges on a 1+. Sorry to be a pain about this, since this your first time DMing 33. BTW Sag was back at our site.)
    Tom will indeed attack with Atlas.
    edited May 2012
    (Well, she could rule the sheer quantity of attacks, from all directions, could impart enough negative factors to restrict Dodging to rolls of 3 for Success. She could also rule Tom can't concentrate on every attack at once, so even those from behind he is aware of can become "unaware" because he just can't focus on that many attacks. I personally was allowing Tom to get away with rulings like that because I was giving him the superhero treatment, so only those attacks he was completely unaware of got through his defenses, but that's me. Enyo can come up with all sorts of reasons why Dodge should be hit with negative factors and she'd be playing the rules correctly)
    edited May 2012
    (Absolutely. I don't mind failing dice rolls as long as I understand why I failed.)
    edited May 2012
    Like a javelin being tossed by a professional athlete, one of the mini-menaces was launched through the air, crashing into another of the dangerous robots and knocking it over, plus dealing additional damage. Though not enough to take it out, at least it wouldn't do anything this round except crawl out from under the makeshift missile.

The EMP gun was even more effective, as Jericho happily blasted away at the remaining robots. Taking down the remaining four, that just left the one crawling out from under the tosser that Atlas had used as a javelin. Unfortunately, the weapon was now out of juice, though having served its purpose, it probably wasn't so bad.

Tom rushed towards the woman like Atlas, though being faster and closer reached her first. As he approached the whip slashed towards him at the speed of sound, but this was just one shot, not many from all directions, and Tom dove under the red hot wire like the expert acrobat he was.

Landing before the woman, his fist rammed itself into the woman's chest, sending her flying once more, though being only a meter or so from the view screen slamming her into it hard once again.

Before Tom could attack again, the big Atlas arrived, grabbing the woman and he was just about to start torturing her, not a very heroic thing to do at all, when he was interrupted by the timer suddenly speeding up.

"Guys, this is the Mechanic." they heard over the intercom "It appears there was a special fail-safe when trying to disable the self-destruct sequence. I disconnected it's link to the main reactor, so the city will be safe but there are explosives on the bridge itself and I cannot stop them. You have about ten seconds to grab what you must and get out of there!"
    edited May 2012
    Tom will attempt to get LALA, if he can't lift her, he tells Atlas to leave the woman and help him with LALA.
    edited May 2012
    If Atlas currently has the woman in his hands, he'll toss her out the window and then attempt to quickly remove LALA from her bonds and then...gee, jump out the window? 10 seconds will be cutting it very close. Will the elevator be fast enough? Is it just the control room that will blow up?
    edited May 2012
    Jericho drops the EMP gun and follows everyone out of the window. "I REGRET NOTHING!"
    edited June 2012
    Tom and Atlas quickly pulled out the cables with which L.A.L.A. was secured, tearing several of them to shreds and, carrying her with them as they headed out the window - it was a good thing Atlas was there to help as L.A.L.A. was surprisingly heavy for her size. Then again, the girl contained a lot more metal than the average child.

With various battle cries, the team jumped out the window - just in time as a huge explosion followed behind them, the entire command centre going up in a giant ball of fire, leaving Mecha Menace without a head!

Unfortunately, out the window also meant the team was quickly grappled by gravity, beginning an inevitable descent towards the earth at ever increasing speed!

(( Protip: You're super hero's. Don't worry, but do take action ^_^ ))
    edited June 2012
    Tom looks out for something to grab hold of.
    edited June 2012
    A 1 in 3 chance to ignore the falling damage isn't good enough for me, so Atlas will also attempt to grab hold of something.

What happened to crazy whip lady? She get tossed?

(And Drem won't be back until next week, so I'll chime in and say Jericho tries to grab something as well)
    edited June 2012
    Tom grabbed a hold of some of the cables running on the outside of the giant robot, quickly sliding down them like a fireman and safely landing on the ground. Atlas grabbed onto them as well, but soon found that, especially while carrying L.A.L.A., he was too heavy as the cables started snapping - with some quick and desperate thinking, he clamped his hands into the steel of the machine, bending it to form a handhold to catch himself and then climbing down while making more, eventually safely making it down. Jericho missed the cables entirely, but luckily he managed to raise his shield in time, which safely cushioned the fall.

As the team came down, a hail of glass and metal parts rained down from above, the annoying but not dangerous remains of Mecha Menace's head. Before them lay the crazy whip lady who had managed to break her fall by using her face and a nearby police car to catch herself - badly wounded, she was being carried off by local security (and a few medics).

When the hail stopped, a strange sound arose, coming closer and growing louder quickly. For a moment the team feared more robots, but it soon turned out to be something quite different entirely. A crowd of people, including many police, were cheering for the independent hero's who had saved the city from certain doom!