If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

March (Backlog) Madness!

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2013
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS) is done BAM! 1 Point!
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    So...Fire Emblem isn't getting beaten the way I was hoping. It's really hard to not just play the DLC and the random battles that pop up on the map. Next thing I know it's been 5 hours and I haven't accomplished anything.

I'm beginning to see why my backlog exists in the first place.

Yeah, if I succumbed to that stuff like I normally do, Borderlands 2 would have taken another week to finish, and FF12 another week after that... I'm going back to Borderlands 2 at some point in the future though to finish all those side things...
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2013
    Thankfully, the level cap increase is a good time to get back to Borderlands 2.
    edited April 2013
    Wow. I do believe Nyx and I are tied at 8 points. I have to work the rest of the night, so I won't be able to finish my Disgaea 4 DLC...

(And FB too, but he's not in our bracket.)
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Alrighty, Here's the scores for this week!

lolwhoops
    redwing42 - 1.5

Nyx - 3.5
    kazriko - 3

kuhfuss5
    Paws - 3

Frozenbabylon - 1.5
    GaijinMonogatari

---

And the metagame update!

ChickenGod - 1
    Frozenbabylon - 7.5
    redwing42 - 5
    Nim - 3
    HyphyKezzy - 5
    Nyx - 8
    GaijinMonogatari - 4
    kazriko - 8
    kuhfuss5 - 2
    Lassic - 1
    Paws - 6.5
    AncientRune - 0.5
    lolwhoops - 2
    TG Barighm - 1

---

And last but not least, this weeks winners move on to the next bracket! Congratulations!

redwing42
    Frozenbabylon

Paws
    Nyx
    edited April 2013
    Our "Year of" guy vs. our Completed Games guy? Wow. How appropriate.

And RPGamer staff girl fight!
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    can I place bets?
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Two ladies enter the ring.

Only one exits.

RPGAMER BABE BRAWL.
    edited April 2013
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Wow... going to have to pull out all the stops this week... especially being out of town for a day. Hmmm.... what do I have lying around waiting to be finished on XBLA?
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Darnit, I just beat Study Quest, but definitely not in time to count >_<

Anyhoo, 1 point.
    edited April 2013
    Paws wrote: »

Only one exits.

RPGAMER BABE BRAWL.

I had a hunch this was totally going to happen. XD I KNEW IT.

PUT UP YOUR DUKES, PAWS! (And omg please don't hurt me, I'm a wuss!)

Kazriko, it was an honor dood. You kept me on my toes!
    edited April 2013
    Alrighty, Finished The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day for .5 of a point. Pretty interesting so far.
    edited April 2013
    Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP) 1 Pt, for the metagame. :)

I got all but 1 of my characters killed in the final battle, and spent about 8-9 turns trying to get everyone back alive again... and then I did 1 attack and it wiped out the final boss. I was so close the whole time...
    edited April 2013
    Royal Envoy: Collector's Edition (PC) tidied up for 1 point. I'd installed it in January and forgotten about it until now. I'm looking forward to not being split between two households x.X;
    edited April 2013
    Touch My Katamari (PSVita) for 1 point.
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Wow this is going to be quite the final four.

I wish I could've put forth a better effort this week, but I got derailed by too many things and the games that I tried to beat - King of Dragon Pass and The Binding of Isaac - are more or less rogue-likes. Had fun though.

Best of luck to all whose left!
    edited April 2013
    My first entry for the week: LIMBO (XBLA) for 1 point. Hmmm... what next. I'm afraid that even if I can somehow make it through this week (unlikely with fb having a certain 2.5 from the Walking Dead episodes), I don't know what I'll have close for the finals. Oh well, one step at a time, I suppose.
    edited April 2013
    Nyx wrote: »
    Kazriko, it was an honor dood. You kept me on my toes!

Thanks, you too... I'm still gunning for you on the Metagame though. >:)
    We're both up to 9 points now.
    edited April 2013
    redwing42 wrote: »
    My first entry for the week: LIMBO (XBLA) for 1 point. Hmmm... what next. I'm afraid that even if I can somehow make it through this week (unlikely with fb having a certain 2.5 from the Walking Dead episodes), I don't know what I'll have close for the finals. Oh well, one step at a time, I suppose.

Well, If I don't happen to finish an episode or you get 2 more games done, You could still take it.

On that note, I finished The Walking Dead: Episode 2 - Starved for Help. So messed up. Wow.
    edited April 2013
    Now finished, Disgaea 4: The Fuka and Desco Show (PS3) 0.5 points. Hurrah.

Took me 2 nights to finish it, not terribly long, but 16 maps, and the final boss leveled up to nearly 9999 before I beat it.

Funny ending though.

I'm thinking of playing my Commander Keen games here. How should I count them? Break them into the 2 trilogies for 1 point each? 0.5 points per each of the 6 games?
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Paws wrote: »

Only one exits.

RPGAMER BABE BRAWL.

the real question is mud or pudding
    edited April 2013
    L&O Legacies Episode 4: Nobody's Child, for a humble 0.5 -- and L&O Legacies Episode 5: Ear Witness for another 0.5
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2013
    Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (1 point)

I could go back and work on the three optional bosses (Valkyrie, Dhaos, and Celsius), but the final boss was more than enough for me. Tough little game towards the end.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura [PC]

It was a great experience and I'm happy to have finally beaten the game for the first time.
    edited April 2013
    So, I'm really close to finishing a couple of games... hopefully I can get them done before tomorrow night so as to not embarrass myself this round.
    edited April 2013
    redwing42 wrote: »
    So, I'm really close to finishing a couple of games... hopefully I can get them done before tomorrow night so as to not embarrass myself this round.

If you get those 2 man, You'll still beat me. I finished the remaining episodes of The Walking Dead, but that still only has me at 2.5. If you have even 1 full game and 1 xbla game we'll still tie.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to post here lately, but I finished The Walking Dead: Episode 3 - Long Road Ahead on Thursday, The Walking Dead: Episode 4 - Around Every Corner on Friday and The Walking Dead: Episode 5 - No Time Left today. And I doubt I'll ever play them again. How depressing.

I'm still working on Assassin's Creed III as well, but I'm nowhere near done I don't think...
    edited April 2013
    Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 for 1 point!
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for 0.5 points.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited April 2013
    Messed myself up for a strong finish in the meta game. Everything in the Year of's this month I've already played and STALKER is turning out to be way meatier than I thought it would be. Which is nice and I'm liking it enough that I don't want to put it down for something quicker but still. I'll take a couple more goes at FTL during the time that's left and see if I can get another lucky point in there but other than that I think I'm probably done.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass