If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited February 2015 in Square Enix
Just a quick note to anyone playing (or trying to login to) Final Fantasy XIV that RPGamer has a small community going on Leviathan. Once that server starts accepting new characters any of you that would like to join may do so.

Araina Storm: na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2237610/
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    my computer died but I'm hoping I'll have it fixed soon and will be able to join you guys.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    Invites can currently be handled by Quin Reishiki, Araina Storm or Aira Linarri. I'm going to try and sort the Free Company permissions out a little so it's not quite this restrictive. With any luck, the restrictions in place should be cleared up by next week, provided the server upgrades go as planned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited August 2013
    I'm Doctor Milkweed on Leviathan, so lets play together? :p

Also I can't find any of you all through the social list, maybe both parties must be online for it to work?
    edited August 2013
    ChickenGod wrote: »

Also I can't find any of you all through the social list, maybe both parties must be online for it to work?

I think the social list only works on online characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    ChickenGod wrote: »

Oh, so you're the Doctor. You asked who I was, but I forgot to ask in return. Silly me.

Anyways, it looks like it'll take a while for my copy of the game to arrive, so I won't be able to invite people into the free company during that time. Sorry.

My character is Aira Linarri. Hopefully I'll be able to play alongside you all when my copy arrives (I hope I don't fall too far behind in the meantime... The idea kinda depresses me for some reason).
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    If you hadn't noticed from the signature, I'm Sevirain Kristinger :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited August 2013
    Smallshell.png

As a veteran of FFXI's Valkurm Dunes, this made me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited August 2013
    That's hilarious. Oh the memories...and the GOBU!!!
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited September 2013
    My copy has finally arrived, and with it my registration code. I guess I'll be spending a lot of time playing this game in the immediate future now. It'll be nice to get back into it without the need to hold back.
    edited September 2013
    No more pick-up groups for me. Maybe sometime this week I could get some help doing the first dungeon. I just hate people, but I like you guys. :)
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited September 2013
    Macstorm wrote: »
    No more pick-up groups for me. Maybe sometime this week I could get some help doing the first dungeon. I just hate people, but I like you guys. :)

I've got a couple of healing professions that could help (Conjurer, Scholar), or DPS (Thaumaturge, Summoner) if someone else wanted to heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    I'm always up for healing (I better be, since I'm maining a Conjurer). It would probably help if I heal when my brother is tanking, though. We work pretty well together that way, but we still need to improve a bit to be less reliant on our twin teamwork. :P Fortunately, I managed to invite him into the free company before the servers went down today.

I tossed the idea at Mac via Twitter, but I may as well mention it here as well. If Square Enix decides to offer free server transfers in the future as part of its efforts to fix the launch issues (I admit this is a big "if"), would it be a good idea to move our Free Company over to a newer server where it would be easier for new people to join? I'm okay with the idea, but I wanted to hear other opinions.
    edited September 2013
    I'm happy to help out when I can :) I'm fully DPS at the moment with Archer my main and Pugilist and Conjurer lagging behind. Leatherworking/Carpentry skills up to 20 so I can attach grade 1 materia to equipment relevant to those skills if wanted (you'll need to supply the materia though :P)

After the latest maintenance today there's only two new servers on the western data centre and both are EU-recommended so not sure if those are best. Also, the Leviathan new character creation limit is currently lifted so we might be ok for now (of course that could easily change very quickly).
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    edited September 2013
    I'd love to give tanking a shot in this dungeon to see if I'm really up to the challenge or not. As long as you all don't mind giving me a shot, that'd be great as I'm pretty sure you all wouldn't just Leeroy Jenkins on me.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited September 2013
    I'm up to help out too with my Dragoon. Most of the groups I've found in Duty Finder have actually been very kind and friendly, which is an unusual experience. Either I'm just lucky, or the FF14 community deserves props.
    edited September 2013
    Man, what an awesome team yesterday. Twin, his bro, and Doc's Dragoon, we tore that dungeon apart. So fun. Tam-Tara Deepcroft‎, here we come!
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Khisanth MagusKhisanth Magus Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Macstorm wrote: »
    That's hilarious. Oh the memories...and the GOBU!!!

TRAIN TO ZONE! Ah, the (horrible) memories...
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited September 2013
    I just made a character on Leviathan, Nubuo Nublet.
    179811.png
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    I also finally have a character on Leviathan, Felin Nitty.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    Just made a character on Leviathan, Wheels Askian
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    I'm on the server now too.

Baktosh Redclaw
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Wife and I are unable to get it due to SE halting all Digital Purchases

Edit: We picked up the PS3 version for evaluation purpose till we can get the PC wersion
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited September 2013
    So uhm ... are the PS3 servers seperate or not?
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2013
    Same servers.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • DarkEiraStarDarkEiraStar Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Conjurer named Eira Shadowstar on Leviathan

Edit: My husband actually posted this, but yes I am playing a Conjurer (Level 9 currently) I haven't caught anyone on yet to get into the Free Company.
    Having actually Beta Tested FFXIV originally I can honestly say Reborn is a HUGE improvement overall. I am really enjoying so far.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4250599/
    edited September 2013
    Well as soon as PC versions open up I'll be joining. Watching Eira play on the PS3 and I'm liking what I see. Not sure if I'll play a Lancer or something else.
    sig.gif

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    Well, I intend to buy the game this month, so hopefully I see it in futureshop sometime before october. I get $10 off a game in September because I bought Mario and Luigi Dream Team. That pre-order seemed to work out well for me.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Quin wrote: »
    Invites can currently be handled by Quin Reishiki, Araina Storm or Aira Linarri. I'm going to try and sort the Free Company permissions out a little so it's not quite this restrictive. With any luck, the restrictions in place should be cleared up by next week, provided the server upgrades go as planned.

Huh. I tried searching for all 3 of those names and nothing came up on player search nor adding to friends list. Any idea how to contact one of you?
    edited September 2013
    The search only actually looks at players who are online, so if none of them were online when you looked it wouldn't have come up. Unless you can add players when they aren't online somehow (I haven't investigated this, it may well be quite simple), you may have to just keep trying.
    edited September 2013
    I'll try to keep an eye out for you and invite you if I see you, kazriko. Sorry for not being more vigilant about that. We want everyone to get a chance to join us.