If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cheap games and whatnot

Comments

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Yeesh! How can you guys let a thread like this fall by the wayside when something like the GoG Fall Sale is on? Mount & Blade and eventually Witcher 2 are completely free.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2014
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    Yeesh! How can you guys let a thread like this fall by the wayside when something like the GoG Fall Sale is on? Mount & Blade and eventually Witcher 2 are completely free.

I saw that today, but GOG has had so many sales on Witcher 2, I think if someone passed on it for $4 they're probably not interested enough to make sure they collect stamps for 7 days. Free Mount & Blade is nice, but I think it ends soon.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2014
    Euro PSN has a nice sale going on so I bought Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 for a combined €5.4. I might buy some more games, but I really shouldn't.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2014
    Despite the frightening impressions people here have given of it, Drakengard 3 is finally $20 on Amazon, and I will buy it at that price, and I will play it...
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    edited December 2014
    Some good deals for PC/Mac/Linux indie RPGs on the Humble Store (in most cases, you get both a Steam Key and DRM-free copy):

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut
    is half price $7.49

Shadowrun Returns is only $2.99 on the humble store (Not nearly as good as Dragonfall, but definitely worth 3 bucks if you didn't have it yet)

Expeditions: Conquistadors is $4.99 (I highly recommend this historical strategy RPG)

Driftmoon is only $3.74 (adventure / RPG hybrid)

Our Darker Purpose is $3.74 (action RPG)

Defenders Quest: Valley of the Forgotten is $3.74 (tower defense / RPG)

The Banner Saga is $9.99 (personally found it rather disappointing, but lots of people seem to really like it)

Halfway is $8.66 (X-com style sci-fi tactical RPG; haven't played it yet)

Don't Starve is $9.99 (rouguelike-like)

Adventure Games

Amnesia the Dark Descent is $6.59

Broken Age is half-price $12.49 (will include part 2 as a free update when it is released)

Consortium $9.99

Lifeless Planet is $9.99

Vanishing of Ethan Carter is $13.39

Also, the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles is $14.99

Classic FPS / RPG System Shock 2 is only $2.49

Divinity II: Developer's Cut is $3.99

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword is $3.33

Faster than Light "FTL" is $4.99 (Strategy game)
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited December 2014
    Megaman Anniversary and lots of discounts

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited January 2015
    All Wadjet Eye adventure games are 70% on Steam, besides Blackwell Epiphany which is 60% off, for the next 3 or or so:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=Wadjet%20Eye%20Games

I'd highly recommend Primordia, and you could do a lot worse than Gemini Rue. I (mostly) didn't care for the Blackwell series but if you play adventure games for story and don't care that much about puzzle design then it would probably be up your ally.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    edited January 2015
    Carpe Fulgur collection is on sale on Steam at 80% off this weekend. It is a total of three games including Recettear, which is part of our "Year of Indie RPGs."
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2015
    I bought it it a few days ago, because why not?
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited January 2015
    Did y'all know that The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall is free? Because apparently The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall is free.

Also, check out HyperRogue, a neat little roguelike, on Steam. Even though you can play it for free on mobile, as well as in-browser on the dev's website, I think one dollar is a very fair price to get an offline version on your PC as well as support the developer.
    Twitters! Steams! Tumblrs!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113
    Competitive Pokemon list - if you'd like tiny Lv. 1 versions, let me know!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2015
    Humble Bundle card games - https://www.humblebundle.com/
    If you like children's card games. :)
    If the deluxe bundle was $25 and didn't include the T-shirt, I would have gotten that too.
    edited February 2015
    This months Free games for PS+ includes Transistor on PS4, Yakuza 4 on PS3, and Rogue Legacy
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2015
    Ys I & II Chronicles, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and Ys Origin have made their GOG debut!

To celebrate, they're 25% off for the follwing seven days. That means Ys I & II and Felghana are $11.29, while Ys Origin is $14.99

Go get them! Seriously, some of the best action-RPGs ever, and they're DRM-free to boot! What's not to love?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    New humble weekly bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
    If you pay $10 you get Rime Berta and Half-Minute Hero Second Coming.
    Also lots of pretty nice other games.
  • Phillip WillisPhillip Willis Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    GoG.com has a bunch of flash sales going on...two atta time, it looks like. Up to 90% off. I just grabbed Sudeki for $1.49.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 21
    deleted.
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    There's also a sale in the eShop for WayForward's 25th anniversary - Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is 25% off ($14.99), while Mighty Switch Force & Mighty Switch Force 2 are both 75% off ($1.49).
    edited April 21
    deleted.
    Whoa...I might pick up Stick o' Truth now. ROFL.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Word of warning: That kind of price drop on a licensed property could mean it's about to get delisted. If you have any inkling of wanting the game, get it NOW.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    There is a good Humble Indie Bundle right now. I like all the games there except for Outlast and Shadow Warrior. It's about $6 right now to get most of them.
    RPGs - Torchlight 2
    Games that might appeal to RPGamers - UnEpic, La Mulana (adventure games)

UnEpic available for just $1 - why not?
    edited April 2015
    There is a good Humble Indie Bundle right now. I like all the games there except for Outlast and Shadow Warrior. It's about $6 right now to get most of them.
    RPGs - Torchlight 2
    Games that might appeal to RPGamers - UnEpic, La Mulana (adventure games)

UnEpic available for just $1 - why not?

The only one of the games in the bundle that I both own and have played is La-Mulana, and I feel obligated to warn people that while it is a great game, it is also extremely difficult. Not so much in the "super precise platforming" or "hard-hitting enemies with a million HP" kind of ways (of course, those may apply later in the game, I didn't get too far), but more in the "holy crap where the hell am I supposed to go, what am I supposed to do, how is anyone supposed to solve this puzzle" kind of way.

edited April 21
    deleted.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    Looks like GOG's done it again. There's a pretty huge Bethesda sale celebrating their signing up with the service.

I'm guessing it'll last through the week, but for now the newly-available Bethesda classics are selling like this:

Elder Scrolls pack - Battlespire, Redguard and Morrowind are $21.37
    FPS pack - Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II and Master Levels, Final Doom and Quake are $17.31
    Fallout pack - Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are $9.99

Not bad deals, says I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    I believe I still have an GOG code for Shadowrun: Hong Kong from the Kickstarter. If anyone wants it for the low, low price of nothing, please PM me. Since it is a backer copy, I believe I will get an extra GOG code for the upcoming mini-expansion, too.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

Rayman Origins for $1: https://www.humblebundle.com/
    Worth it, definitely!
    RPG / adventure game Consortium is absolutely free on GOG for the next ~17 hours or so.

daveyd wrote: »
    RPG / adventure game Consortium is absolutely free on GOG for the next ~17 hours or so.
    Thanks for the head's up. SOLD :)

On another note, Amazon Prime members get 20% off of pre orders and new games for the first two weeks after release. With free shipping and no sales tax in a lot of states, that's a sweet deal by any stretch...if yer already a Prime member.

daveyd wrote: »

Claimed but not downloading for some reason
    sig.gif

edited April 1
    deleted.