If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Atlus Tells of Etrian DLC

Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
The DLC schedule for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold has been announced, spreading across August. The full list features various new quests, challenges, and, of course, hot springs.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    Sounds like a lot of recycled assets repackaged as DLC?
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    Not impressed by this at all. It's bad enough the game costs $10 more then any other ds title but now they want to charge us out the ass for dlc to boot. A couple of them being free temporarily for a week or two doesn't really help much since that's only good if you buy the game up front rather then wait for it to go on sale.
    ~Shining Nova~
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    A couple of them being free temporarily for a week or two doesn't really help much since that's only good if you buy the game up front rather then wait for it to go on sale.

That's kind of the whole point there, either encourage more people to pick up the game earlier or recoup a bit more cash from those who want to wait for sale. Works either way.

I'm ok with these to be honest, though don't have much interest in the game in the first place, mostly as they don't seem to be anything I would particularly care about missiing out on.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited June 2015
    There's a couple of DLC bits here that bother me about this title. For example, adding these optional bosses as DLC is troubling, because they're something I enjoy the most with this series. The Original Sin and other couple of bosses mentioned makes me wonder if there's not as much optional content here. Tying up an entire class as DLC seems annoying as well, especially for those who aren't sold on the title or simply have to wait longer than 6 days due to shipping or stores not receiving the game on time. On the whole this practice would not normally bother me very much, but unfortunately the set of circumstances surrounding this game in particular is just annoying.

Given that I didn't like Untold very much, I'm definitely going to be waiting before purchasing this title to see if the issues I have were cleaned up or not, meaning that if I do in fact decide to buy the game, I'm probably looking at paying extra for some of this stuff.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    Yeah, if I wasn't picking it up at launch (and getting it for the 'normal' price thanks to BB's discount) I'd be disappointed how short the window is on most of these DLCs.