If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Review - Ys Origin

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
With Ys VIII on the horizon, DotEmu has brought the series' distant prequel to PlayStation 4. Ys Origin offers a good opportunity for players to see what the series is about ahead of the release of its newest title.

[ Review ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• UltraKev9UltraKev9 Demi-Plane of Semi HemispheresFull Members
    I would add that if you're a long time fan of the older Ys games you'll find the music VERY familiar and VERY cool.
  • PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited March 16
    UltraKev9 wrote: »
    I would add that if you're a long time fan of the older Ys games you'll find the music VERY familiar and VERY cool.

Definitely.

I like the remix of Tower of the Shadow of Death (which is the lower tower music in both this and Ys 1) that they used.

Granted, I also find it interesting to listen to the various versions of this song from Ys 1 (there are at least 4 different versions of it across the various Ys 1 versions; Ys 1 Plus has 3 just by itself.)

"A third character can also be unlocked after completing both Yunica's and Hugo's routes."

Pretty sure you only need to finish the game with one character to unlock the third.