If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

21 Screens - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
Square Enix has a new batch of screenshots for the upcoming PS4 remake of Final Fantasy XII. This batch shows a selection of images from gameplay and cutscenes.

[ Screens ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited April 19
    Dang that looks amazing. Hype is building.

http://rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12tza/screens/ff12tza32.jpg
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    And if it's true that you can now use skills from two jobs instead of being locked to just one, that's even more amazing.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Macstorm wrote: »
    And if it's true that you can now use skills from two jobs instead of being locked to just one, that's even more amazing.

Source on that rumor? That sounds too good to be true. I've already spent time since the re-release was announced agonizing on which 6 jobs to pick and for whom.
    ClixPsi.png
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Yeah that would almost give it the ffv class system everyone loves. So much potential there.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Clix wrote: »

Source on that rumor? That sounds too good to be true. I've already spent time since the re-release was announced agonizing on which 6 jobs to pick and for whom.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75247066/877404606
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Clix wrote: »

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75247066/877404606

Sweet. I shall hope this is real.
    ClixPsi.png
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    Pretty stoked to play this again with the job system. The license board was easily the weakest part of FF12.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
    omegabyte wrote: »
    Pretty stoked to play this again with the job system. The license board was easily the weakest part of FF12.

There are some other changes that I consider to be significant. Quickening/Espers are now their own gauge, and the latter are controllable (meaning they aren't useless anymore). This means the MP bar will no longer be segmented like before. Also, the fast-forward button will greatly help game-flow, since things can be a real crawl when grinding out with optimized gambits. Speaking of which, I believe gambits are made available earlier on, or, rather, the bulk of them are released at once instead of trickling down over the course of the game.
    ClixPsi.png