If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Official RPGamer RPG Suggestion Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• BubsyFan1BubsyFan1 USAFull Members
    Are 4 and 5 good in similar ways? What makes them good?
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    My daughter has expressed some interest in creating video games. She has really gotten into the Pokemon games over the past year or so, and she's always doing some sort of creative writing. She just turned 10, and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on which of the RPG Maker products might be a good place for her to start. Thanks.
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Well, if either of the DS/3DS RPGMaker games had made it to the US, I'd say one of those for the interface, but unless you want to get down and dirty with emulation and translation cracking, your better bet is the VX Ace release on Steam, which has a massive (and generally helpful) community to help with things like modding to meet one's preferences. It's still a lot to work with, though, so I'd suggest it more as a parent-daughter long term project.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    The 3DS RPG Maker FES is actually coming out at the end of next month, as well.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Really? Cool. Give that a whirl, see how it goes? Depending on where you shop, it might be a lot cheaper to get than the regular Steam price for VX Ace.
  • redwing42redwing42 Just Monika Full Members
    Thank you both for the help. I'll definitely look into the 3DS one, as she does not currently have a computer (just a tablet). Might see about VX Ace if it goes on sale at some point, if we want to work together on my PC.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    redwing42 wrote: »
    Thank you both for the help. I'll definitely look into the 3DS one, as she does not currently have a computer (just a tablet). Might see about VX Ace if it goes on sale at some point, if we want to work together on my PC.
    It may go on sale. Bought it a few years back when it was $10 during the crazy Summer Sale.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."