If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Trails of Cold Steel I, II, New Title Coming to PS4

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
This article contains many usages of the words "Trails of Cold Steel". That's what happens when you have to go through upcoming and recent releases of four games in the same series.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    What a pleasant surprise.
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    I liked the first two games but somewhat lost interest in their plots when they referenced "The War of the Lions."
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    edited November 11
    However the first 2 games will most likely be ports of the PS3/Vita games but if Sen No Kiseki 4 gets released before the first 2 games I'd rather play Sen 4 first.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited November 11
    VeghEsther wrote: »
    However the first 2 games will most likely be ports of the PS3/Vita games but if Sen No Kiseki 4 gets released before the first 2 games I'd rather play Sen 4 first.

You know the spoiler tag doesn't work for quick view when it's in the first several lines right? And what you typed is absolutely nothing to do with a spoiler so why use it?
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    Buddy, we're skipping his dialogue. The best way to play any game, right, Vegh?
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    edited November 12
    I didn't use the spoiler tag in my previous post here the owners of this site did and yes even for Sen III I skipped all cut scenes/dialogue NOT used for subquests.

• Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    Friendo, the ownership is more than happy to let roam our workspace spouting tangential nonsense, it's editorial that's taken up on your insistence on skipping worthless dialogue.
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    I liked the first two games but somewhat lost interest in their plots when they referenced "The War of the Lions."
    I'm genuinely confused -- why? Especially when that's just a small bit of backstory that's almost completely irrelevant to their actual plots?
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    Minneyar wrote: »
    I'm genuinely confused -- why? Especially when that's just a small bit of backstory that's almost completely irrelevant to their actual plots?

Because it showed laziness on part of the localization team. That and there was a character named "Miner D!ck."
  • taliefertaliefer New Member Full Members
    Minneyar wrote: »

Because it showed laziness on part of the localization team. That and there was a character named "Miner D!ck."

of all the criticism i have heard about the trails game, laziness of the localization is one i have never heard of it, nor can i even see the value of. the localization of cold steel games is superb.

without going into spoilers, there is a very good in universe reason the war is referred to as the war of the lions. i dont see how this is lazy, especially with some of the names we've given to wars in the real world.