If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Promotes Its Lineup

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
Square Enix has collected all the playable characters for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT in a fancy montage that gives each of them a time to shine. Who will be the choice of RPGamers around the world when the game arrives next year?

[Story]

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited December 2017
    Kinda excited about this. I enjoyed Dissidia on the PSP

BTW Typo in sentance "The game pits its characters in three-on-tree battles with both single player and multiplayer options"

Cause three people vs. a tree sounds pretty amusing. Although Exdeath was a tree so 3 people Vs. Exceath does make sense
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Ahahaha. Three on tree!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    To be fair, many RPGs involve a three-on-tree or similar battle at some point.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • AeramisAeramis Behind You!!!Full Members
    edited December 2017
    Going to be awesome... It's too bad they got a different voice actor for Jecht. He now sounds like a surfer dude. So far the only returning VO's are Cloud and Lightning. From what I can tell.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Aeramis wrote: »
    Going to be awesome... It's too bad they got a different voice actor for Jecht. He now sounds like a surfer dude. So far the only returning VO's are Cloud and Lightning. From what I can tell.

Actually, everyone has been confirmed for returning. Keep in mind that these are single sound clips (and not for every character, for some reason), most haven't done lines for their characters since 2011. I do agree that Jecht sounds off, as does Terra, but so far sources list both of their on-call actors. I can definitely say that they dug up Vaan's actor, based on the reading of the "judge, jury, and executioner" line.

Still not sure that I am going to get this at launch or ever. Disappointment does not begin to describe my feelings about this game and its development over the past three years.
    ClixPsi.png
  • ScionScion RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2017
    Including some glaring omissions, like Gabranth and a distinct lack of women, my only current issue with the game is a lack of new people. Noctis, Ramza, Ace, and Y'Shtola are the only new characters and they come at the cost of several others, which will likely be covered by the first round of DLC. That said, for a roster of this size that's a disappointing number of new blood. The developers have said in the past they were aiming for 50 characters in the game's lifetime, but how long until we get some actually new people is anyone's guess. Still, I can't lie and say this isn't one of my most anticipated titles. Barring Pokemon, Dissidia 012 was my most played handheld game.