If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Unepic Receiving Physical Release

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited December 2017 in Latest Updates
Another digital-only title for the PlayStation 4 and Vita is getting a physical release. That physical version will also be arriving much sooner than one would think.

[Story]

Comments

• AeramisAeramis Behind You!!!Full Members
    Will this be playable on a NA console? Not sure how Play-Asia games work.
  • Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    US and JP share a Blu-ray region, should be cool.
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    PS4 (and Vita) are region-free (there might be something that lets specific games stop it, but if even there is the game would have to actively apply it, which these won't :) )
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • UltraKev9UltraKev9 Demi-Plane of Semi HemispheresFull Members
    This game was a very fun Metroidvania with lots of sarcastic humor. It's a few years old, though. Why is there a physical release being made now? At this point I would think the original designers have all gone on to do other projects and only vaguely remember working on this title. Just seems very late and unprofitable.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    UltraKev9 wrote: »
    This game was a very fun Metroidvania with lots of sarcastic humor. It's a few years old, though. Why is there a physical release being made now? At this point I would think the original designers have all gone on to do other projects and only vaguely remember working on this title. Just seems very late and unprofitable.

Physical releases are actually a nice way of supplementing income for smaller devs. I've talked to some who didn't make a ton off of their original PSN releases, but actually got back into being profitable by doing a physical release. It's not like they're having to make the game again, just finding a way to get it into my people's hands.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SilverMouriSilverMouri Member Full Members
    ... Is there any specific reason that the physical copies are 12 dollars more? The game is only 12.99 on Steam. I feel like it's more cost effective sticking to the digital copy.
    Forsaken Muses: And then you eat the people
    Forsaken Muses: And my HP went up
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    There's always going to be more overhead getting a physical version. It's not for people wanting the best price as much as for collectors and those who don't want to rely on a digital-only copy.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • AeramisAeramis Behind You!!!Full Members
    I'm a fan of physical copies. I will gladly shell out a little more for a disc version of a game. That way if I had lost my account for unforeseen reasons I still own the game.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Macstorm wrote: »
    There's always going to be more overhead getting a physical version. It's not for people wanting the best price as much as for collectors and those who don't want to rely on a digital-only copy.

Also as far as Vita goes, its cheaper than dealing with the absurdly expensive memory cards for the system
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif