If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    It's almost like it's a MMO expansion at launch :-?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    I've been following the sea of complaint threads on both the official forums and reddit on mobile. Definitely glad that I am away on a trip and will miss early access.

Hopefully, most of the isues will be resolved over he coming days. Until then, from what I've read, those who can't progress may as well zoom to 70 via frontlines since it's apparently highly efficient.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Anyone willing to check something for me? Curious if you can get a Garb Coffer for jobs you've done the lvl60 quest for. You can now get AF2 through level 60 job quests, but no idea if you can get it if you've already done the quest prior.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2017
    Based on precedent, my guess would be no. When the ilvl 90 (or whatever) gear was later added to the level 50 quests in ARR, the game didn't give everyone who already completed them freebie sets. The idea is that it helps people who didn't play Heavensward skip the old tomestone grinds from 160 - 210 that's no longer reasonably obtainable. Plus the welcome back campaign gives 240 gear to help them get to Stormblood faster. If you hit 60 already, you have to work for your glamours.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    Guess that will just give me a reason to level other jobs to 60 now.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    You can buy 60 ilvl255 gear from the vendor in Ishgard too. Didn't see any option for AF2 on already done jobs, but wasn't overly looking as needed the higher ilvl stuff.
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    edited June 2017
    Dang, all I really care about is getting the Iga set. I should have held off on the level 60 job quest.

Anyone check with the Calamity Salvager in the main cities?
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited June 2017
    Nope. Think the only other way to get the Esoteric/AF2 (I believe) is by using Centurio Seals (hunts) at in the inn at Ishgard.

Second edit - Ignore first edit, got confused :) Iga can be found at Ishgard for Centurio Seals.
    I thought that I would rejoin the game and start Stormblood by now, but apparently, Amazon botched my pre-order so that it's unknown when I'll actually receive my copy of the game. Did anyone else acquire their copy of Stormblood through Amazon and have any difficulties? I pre-ordered way back in April during the FFXIV/Amazon NA crossover deal.
    I preordered a physical copy from Amazon for the discount. It came in the mail Tuesday and I've already installed it and added the expansion to Mogstation. No issues here. Sorry, man!
    Ah. From what I've seen online (or -more accurately- what I haven't seen posted much) suggests this wasn't a commonplace issue. I recall having no issues getting Heavensward physical standard edition through Amazon, so I didn't expect to have trouble this time.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Phew, Omega down! O3 is a pretty awesome fight, I gotta say.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Yes it is. Oh as for me; I got all jobs to level 70, working on mastering smn rotation so I can play that better. Well, the ones I had high were smn, whm, and sch. So not too huge a feat.

I'm going to consider carefully after I do some crafting if I want to level anything else. Maybe RDM after the furor dies down.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    I feel awful, but since I've been gone for so long I know names in game, but I really have trouble placing forum members with character names. Especially since we have a lot of non forum members on as well. I'm Araina Storm for those in Res Arcana who might not know.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    I'm Flare Ruse as I rolled a new character~
    I don't think I ever put my name here. I'm Gibetto Ilmatto, healer extraordinaire, mediocre crafter, subpar summoner.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    I think I mentioned my name in the gamertag thread but never here. Elizara Paksenarrion, decent healer, up and coming summoner, and a decent miner. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    if you know my actual name, my character name should jump out at you.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    is there a free weekend coming?
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited September 2017

Probably. There's been a free login period in the summer and then again in December for at least the last 2 years. I think this is the longest they've gone without a free login campaign since early in ARR.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    tAROXHi.jpg

I guess this whole ivalice thing is gonna be more... direct... then I thought it'd be.
    7thCircle wrote: »

Probably. There's been a free login period in the summer and then again in December for at least the last 2 years. I think this is the longest they've gone without a free login campaign since early in ARR.

Well I have since resubbed for it.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Additional information and Trailer are now available for the next patch coming.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_2

HURRAY for new Glamour system ... oh and Phantom Train
    sig.gif

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    I'm ready to Suplex a train!
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    Times like this, I wish FF14 allowed for shorter subscription periods. I enjoy content the most when it's new, but when I resub I want to play it every day of the subscription, and patches don't add enough for me to do that very often.
    Yeah, a 15 day sub would be nice.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Yeah but no MMO (at least that I know of) has that short a period
    sig.gif

Oh I know. It wouldn't be beneficial to SE, because they are fine with you paying for a month and not playing. 15 days is just right for me for patches. Otherwise I typically just wait for free logins or full expansions.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SailsofKharonSailsofKharon BCFull Members
    hey, i've been a lurker on the forums for a while but never posted. I'm slowly working my way through the main story and just got to heavensward content.

I was wondering if I could join the boards fc? Ive been apart of 2 other FC's that basically just disintegrated while i was on short hiatus' and came back to essentially a barren group. So I was hoping for something with a bit more consistency.
    The board's FC gets quiet when it's been a while since the last content patch. Junko Byrne and Jammy Dodger were both online about every day I was around this week. Try sending one of them a tell and ask them about joining. I was only around for the free login campaign, so I can't help you. We're on Leviathan.

Patch 4.3 hits in about a month and I'm sure the FC will pick up then.