If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2018 Completed Games List

ClixClix ListmasterFull Members
edited 3:27AM in Miscellaneous Gaming
Welcome to the 2018 Completed Game List thread. Believe it or not, but this little feature has been curated for ten years now, though only relatively recently by me.

Previous annual lists:
2011 - Corrupted
2012 - Corrupted
2013 - Corrupted

Unfortunately, as you can see, 2011-13 were corrupted by the previous forum data transfer. The culprit is Pokemon. By using the accent "e" in the official title spelling, this caused all the rest of any post with that alt-coding to become lost. This is really noticeable in the 2011 one, where it cuts out part-way through my list. I am willing to go back and recreate the lists to the best of my abilities (new archive thread would be created with three posts, each then hyperlinked going forward on each year's main post), but this will take a while, and the effort will largely be stymied by corruption of most posts made by people completing Pokemon games that year (unless they personally avoided using the accent). For example, I know what Pokemon games I personally finished in what years, but that's about it. If I do go through with it, I can PM those whose lists are affected to find out if they can recall the specific lost titles. That said, I will only embark on this endeavor if there is enough interest in having the old lists available. Let me know in the thread's discussion.

Onto the real matter at hand! The rules for the list are simple, but very important. All games completed in the calendar year of 2018 can be counted for inclusion. Completed-in-2018 is the sole rule. Whatever you want to count as an individual title is up to you. It is your list. I am merely here to help leave a lasting legacy, in case you ever want to remind yourself when you beat a certain game. Please, use this thread to discuss the games you complete with each other, whether said game is a gem or a turd. If you are for some reason lying about completing a game on an online forum, that's your problem, not mine. I operate under the impression that this is done for fun.

Updates to the list will be made at least daily. If you do not see your game added to your list within 24 hours, then please PM me or raise a hand--it is possible, but unlikely, that I have skipped over your post. NOTE: I will usually not notice an edited post if edited quite some time after the initial posting. Please double-post instead if you need to clarify something or immediately wrap up another game. In the now unlikely/improbable possibility that I will be away from the internet (I finally got a smartphone in February of 2017) for an extended period of time, I will post a notice. I will catch up once I am able to.

For personal list customization, please highlight or point out any special notes about a playthrough. For example, you may use brackets or bold/italics to point out game difficulty, play time count, completion percentage, et al. I will be happy to include this on your list, but I can only do so if it is fairly obvious in the post. While I do tend to read most posts thoroughly, a remark on game difficulty buried in the middle of the third paragraph (of seven) will most likely slip through the cracks. If you want to have total game hours tracked, I can also include that statistic next to the number of completed games listed next to the your name--just ask for this service in your first post in this thread, and I will track it from there.

Finally, because I am a dirty, fat liar, there is actually a second rule. You must include the system that the game was concluded on. If not, I will count it as "????", and it will be your responsibility to rectify this, not mine.

Games will be listed in the following order (in chronological order; i.e. NES, SNES, N64, etc.):

Systems:
Nintendo Family
Sega Family
PlayStation Family
Xbox Family
PC
Arcade
Other

Handhelds:
Nintendo Family
Game Gear
PlayStation Family
Mobile Platforms (e.g. iPhone)

For digital store games, please list them on the platform you physically beat the game on, but mention that the game came from a specific digital service. For example, if you use PSN to download Final Fantasy VII and beat it on a PSVita, then please list the game as Final Fantasy VII (PSVita) - via PSN. This is also welcome for Steam and other PC-based digital services. I will by no means stress this; this is just a request from yours truly for the sake of formalities.

Now begins the 2018 list:

7thCircle - Games Finished: 13

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

PS4
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Dragon's Crown Pro
Middle-earth: Shadow of War

PC
Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 1: The Enigma
Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 2: The Pact
Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 3: Fractured Mask
Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 4: What Ails You
Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 5: Same Stitch
BattleTech
Into the Breach (Easy difficulty)

3DS
Mercenaries Saga 2: Order Of The Silver Eagle

----

ChickenGod - Games Finished: 3

Switch
Nine Parchments

PC
Kara no Shoujo: The Second Episode (True Ending)
Victor Vran

----

Clix - Games Finished: 6 (199 hours)

PS3
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (50 hours)

PS4
.hack//G.U. Vol. 2//Reminisce (via .hack//G.U. Last Recode; joint Platinum Trophy; 41 hours)
.hack//G.U. Vol. 3//Redemption (via .hack//G.U. Last Recode; joint Platinum Trophy; 44 hours)
.hack//G.U. Vol. 4//Reconnection (via .hack//G.U. Last Recode; joint Platinum Trophy; 3 hours)
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (32 hours)
Dragon Ball FighterZ (29 hours)

----

Crono - Games Finished: 7

SNES
Final Fantasy VI

Bioshock Infinite

XBOne
Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 1 - Zer0 Sum
Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 2 - Atlas Mugged
Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 3 - Catch a Ride
Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 4 - Escape Plan Bravo
Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 5 - The Vault of the Traveler

----

DarkRPGMaster - Games Finished: 9

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey

PS4
Dark Souls: Remastered (100% Platinum Trophy)
Knack (100% Platinum Trophy)
Monster Hunter: World
Ratchet & Clank (100% Platinum Trophy)
Rime (100% Platinum Trophy)
Secret of Mana (100% Platinum Trophy)
Warriors All-Stars (100% Platinum Trophy)
Yakuza Kiwami

----

The Doomhammer - Games Finished: 6

PS4
Yakuza 6

PC
Pillars of Eternity + The White March - Part I and The White March - Part II Expansion Packs
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII
Sid Meier's Pirates!

----

flamethrower - Games Finished: 1

PC
SteamWorld Dig 2

----

GaijinMonogatari - Games Finished: 7

PC
West of Loathing (via Steam)

DS
Children of Mana

Vita
Metal Max Xeno
Secret of Mana
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (97% completed)
Yuusha Shisu (Two playthroughs)

----

hoktomaster - Games Finished: 1

PS4

----

Izlimak - Games Finished: 6

PS3
flOw + Expansion Pack (Score: 5/10)
Flower (100% Trophies; Score: 9/10)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (via Jax and Daxter Collection; Score: 3/10)
Magic Orbz (Score: 6/10)

PC
Advent Rising (Score: 4/10)

Vita
Azkend 2 (Score: 5/10)

----

jscarpe - Games Finished: 12

Switch
Golf Story
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Mercenaries Saga: Will of the White Lions (via Mercenaries Saga Chronicles)
Mercenaries Saga 2: Order Of The Silver Eagle (via Mercenaries Saga Chronicles)
Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War (via Mercenaries Saga Chronicles)

PS4
Demon Gaze II
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV (via PSVR)
Moss (via PSVR)
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2

PC
Into the Breach

PSP
Sakura Wars

----

Lassic - Games Finished: 3

PC
Doki Doki Literature Club!
Katawa Shoujo
Might & Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

----

lolwhoops - Games Finished: 7

PS4
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
.hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth (via .hack//G.U. Last Recode)

GBA
Breath of Fire

DS
Pokemon Black Version

3DS
Pokemon Yellow Version (via GBC VC)
Pokemon Crystal (via GBC VC)
Pokemon Ultra Sun

----

Macstorm - Games Finished: 16 (259 hours)

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey (13 hours)
West of Loathing (7 hours)
Xenoblade 2 (87 hours)

PS4
Minit (2 hours)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (45 hours)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone (9 hours)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine (17 hours)

GBA
Final Fantasy V Advance (25 hours)

Vita
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (4 hours)
Burly Men at Sea (3 hours)
Cosmic Star Heroine (13 hours)
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten DX (4 hours)
Devious Dungeon (4 hours)
Iconoclasts (11 hours)
Reverie (6 hours)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (9 hours)

----

maryadavies - Games Finished: 3

PS4
Secret of Mana

PC
Magic Knights Rayearth (via higan)

3DS
Ever Oasis

----

Nyx - Games Finished: 14

PS4
Dragon's Crown Pro
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm
Okage: Shadow King (via PSN)
Tales of Berseria
Rise of the Tomb Raider
What Remains of Edith Finch
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

PC
Depression Quest (via Steam)
Galaxy of Pen and Paper
Ladykiller in a Bind (via Steam)
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 (via Steam)

3DS
Miitopia
River City: Rival Showdown

Vita
Collar x Malice

----

Ombres - Games Finished: 7

NES
Final Fantasy

Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Wonder Boy: the dragon's trap
Xenoraid

PC
Diablo III - Reaper of Souls

iOS
Gemini Strike

----

omegabyte - Games Finished: 3

PS4

PC
Ninokuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Zwei: The Arges Adventure

----

redwing42 - Games Finished: 6

Switch
Steam World Dig 2

PS4
Nier: Automata

XBOne
SUPERHOT
XCOM 2 (Veteran difficulty)

3DS
The Legend of Zelda (via NES VC)
Liberation Maiden

----

severinmira - Games Finished: 12 (308 hours)

PS4
The Council - Episode 1: The Mad Ones (3 hours)
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten DX (9 hours)
Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs Royal Edition (25 hours)
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (18 hours)
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (70 hours)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (69 hours)

Switch
The Longest 5 Minutes (15 hours)
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (10 hours)

PC
Divinity: Original Sin II (52 hours)
Tales of Aravorn: Cursed Lands (15 hours)

3DS
Detective Pikachu (12 hours)

Vita
Psychedelia of the Black Butterfly (10 hours)

----

Shaymin - Games Finished: 2

Switch
Never Stop Sneakin'

3DS
Pokémon Ultra Sun

----

Strawberry Eggs - Games Finished: 1

3DS
Pokemon Ultra Moon

----

SuccessorM - Games Finished: 4

PS4
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

PC
Civilization VI (via Steam)
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall (via Steam)

3DS
Pokemon Ultra Sun
ClixPsi.png

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Hey Clix, in all your parts where you reference the year .... you used 2017
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Hey Clix, in all your parts where you reference the year .... you used 2017

And this is why I shouldn't post after midnight.
    ClixPsi.png
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Whee, first in :P I just finished Divinity: Original Sin II (PC), took around 52 hours so obviously I started it back in 2017 but it was great :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    River City: Rival Showdown (3DS) -- Review to come, though of the three I've now played this may be my least favourite.
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Bioshock Infinite: 360. Second playthrough, and still a very enjoyable experience...except that final level with zero checkpoints and is steep curve in difficulty. Love that ending though so it's worth it.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    Complete Games List 2017

"Sabin1001 - Games Finished: 3"

Waaahahahahaaaa! Beat your own record this year, man! Start with White Knight Chronicles 2 for the PS3. You'll LOVE it!
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) - an impressive XCOM inspired tactical RPG that even managed to make Rabbids tolerable.
    edited January 8
    Tales From the Borderlands: Ep 1: Xbone. These newer TT games always suck me in quick. Hopefully I"ll have time once work starts again to keep at it.
    Ladykiller in a Bind (PC via Steam) -- Got this as a Christmas gift from my husband and I loved it. I definitely want to go back and do more playthroughs to get even more of the story. For what it is worth, I managed to woo both Beauty and Stalker! I am a lady's lady. ;)
    Nyx wrote: »
    Ladykiller in a Bind (PC via Steam) -- Got this as a Christmas gift from my husband and I loved it. I definitely want to go back and do more playthroughs to get even more of the story. For what it is worth, I managed to woo both Beauty and Stalker! I am a lady's lady. ;)

I don't think I got the harem ending when I played it. My memory is that I played it twice: once concentrating on Beauty and once on Stalker. I imagine the ending with both was... interesting?
    It was a really cool visual novel; I love how the dialog was dynamic: adding choices and taking them away as the conversations progressed. Some interesting ideas I hope other games borrow.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Diablo III - Reaper of Souls(PC)

That was easy to finish, done it fast to start to do aventure with some friends!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Nine Parchments (Switch)

Played this one with friends twice over the Holidays, once on Normal and another on Hard. Unfortunately the Switch version (maybe all?) have some problems with couch co-op. You only start with two characters unlocked, and unlock the 7 other wizards in the middle and late portions of the game, and sadly must restart the game and play them from level one if you wish to use them. This made playing the game a bit of a hassle and far less fun than it could have been. Something that also sounds poor but actually added to the fun of the game was the fact that your own spells hurt you and your team mates, in addition to your heals healing everything including enemies. It made combat completely chaotic and something that isn't easily seen in the trailers. Overall it was a pretty fun couch co-op Gauntlet-like, but it would have been so much easier to get into if they had simply fixed some of those head-scratching design choices.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 15
    Xenoblade 2 (Switch, 87 hours) - Took a while to grow on me, but wound up hooked. Some things to nitpick, some things to dislike, but lots to love.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Xenoblade 2 (Switch, 87 hours) - Took a while to grow on me, but wound up hooked. Some things to nitpick, some things to dislike, but lots to love.

You did it! You finished a Switch game that took longer than 5 hours. Congratulations. So, how does this one rank among the loosely affiliated Xeno "franchise"?
    ClixPsi.png
    Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 are my favorites, though each have strengths and weaknesses that need ironing. After that come Xenosaga Episode 3 as the best of that trilogy. Xenogears is next though it's been so long I can't guarantee that it holds up. Xenosaga Episode 1 is next, which has its own issues. Xenoblade X is near the bottom, but Xenosaga Episode 2 takes that cake.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Tales From the Borderlands: Ep 2: Xbone. This was about a week ago. Good stuff.
    Tales From the Borderlands: Ep 3: Xbone. Just knocked this one out in one sitting.
  • gaijinmonogatarigaijinmonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Yuusha Shisu (Vita). First run through it.

I doubt anyone remembers much of the JP coverage of this title, but it's intended to be a fast playthrough. At the very start, the Hero, once fallen in a battle to the death with his nemesis the Dark Lord Guile, is restored to life with a total of five days to go around and deal with unfinished business. As time lurches on, he loses stats and even forgets his magic spells, making this the only RPG I've ever played to have the hero begin play supremely OP, only to be the weakest member of the party by the end.

At the funeral, my hero got four eulogies, though I'm not sure why the third gal bothered. 353 people attended the interment, and 137 of them cried. After that, I go treated to a future chronology of the region, post-hero. Apparently there was an incipient civil war brewing that I could have headed off. Oh well, at least I sort of prevented a race war in the eastern half of the kingdom...
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    dot hack/G.U. Volume 1 Rebirth (PS4) - I like it, ended on a big cliff hanger so I'm glad I didn't play it way back when so I would have to wait months to move on. Also finished it in time to play the new Digimon game when it arrives today.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    Golf Story (Switch) - This was a fun little game, though I’m not sure I enjoyed it as much as many people (saw it on a surprising number of GOY lists). The pixel art is fantastic and I like the basic concept, but a lot of the humor fell flat for me and I got frustrated with some of the golfing mechanics. Golf is the only sport I have the slightest talent for IRL so maybe that why the NES-era gameplay wore on me a bit. Putting was awful, but they compensated by making chipping ridiculously easy, so I scored best by intentionally missing greens and chipping in for birdies and eagles. Then again, $15 for 15 hours of decent pickup and play fun... hard to complain too much.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 21
    Might & Magic VII: For Blood and Honor (PC)

This concludes the first game from the Steam/GoG Christmas sale. It is a fun game if you don't have an aversion for incessant backtracking.

One note: never before have I played a game that demonstrated so convincingly why modern weaponry made melee weapons utterly obsolete: Blasters OP!
    Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (PS3) - 50 hours

After watching the TV series, I had a desire to play the second Koei Warriors game covering the entirety of the series, including the epilogue not covered by the anime. Fortunately, my roommate happened to have a digital copy lying around in his download queue, so that's what I've been playing this month. It was my first Koei Warriors game. Not sure that I plan to add to that list. The game was fun but so much of a slog. I completed the main story and each of the semi-canon character stories. It took a while to do so, because the playable roaster is 25. While a lot of the selections are fun, so many of the non-special characters felt a little tacked on. Overall, I did have fun, just not as much as I feel like I should have.

While I wait for Dragon Ball FighterZ and Dissidia Final Fantasy NT to come out, I am going to plow ahead into another volume of .hack//G.U.
    ClixPsi.png
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 22
    Victor Vran (PC) - Finished the main campaign with two friends.

For a more actiony version of Grim Dawn/Diablo, Victor Vran was surprisingly enjoyable in spite of its middling RPG elements. We had a pretty good time going through the main story with all the hexes on. I took to using a lot of different weapons throughout, but have settled on Revolvers and Swords for now. There's still a lot of potential end game, challenges, and DLC to go through too. Overall its been pretty fun and I expect it to continue offering hours of entertainment. But I do wish that there was a little more customization options and maybe like saved loadouts for different costumes and weapon sets that the player may want to swap between. If this VV had something like the equivalent of Grim Dawn's constellations and a few more bosses that'd really push it ahead, but as is its still pretty solid.
    Nice. I wish I could have played it with others. I had a blast with it.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Doki Doki Literature Club! (PC)

It certainly was a unique experience.
    Tales From the Borderlands: Ep 4: Xbone.
    and
    Tales From the Borderlands: Ep 5: Xbone.

Finished each in chapter one sitting each a few days ago. Loved the payout, may prefer this to the Walking Dead Telltale games honestly. .......Catch a ride!
    Tales from the Borderlands is so underrated, as it really is up there with The Walking Dead Season One.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Tales from the Borderlands is so underrated, as it really is up there with The Walking Dead Season One.
    I still await a sequel or Borderlands 3 just due to that Telltale series.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4) -- Definitely enjoyed this one, though I am reminded of why I don't play first-person walking-sims with crazy camera for too long -- motion sickness. :(
    Katawa Shoujo (PC)

Another visual novel. I needed a warm and fuzzy feeling after the last one. Fortunately it delivered!

Farewell Hisao and Lilly: Have a wonderful and happy life together! :blush:

I've only played 2 visual novels so far and I'm amazed how easily they suck me in and get under my skin...