If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

1477478479480481483»

Comments

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    I really, really, really need to move onto another game, but I've been sucked into Pokemon Ultra Moon for the longest time. I completed the Alola Pokedex (sans Zeraora) and I started training a Tapu Fini to help out in the Battle Tree.

I also have an idea to put together a living Pokedex in the Pokemon Bank...

I developed my living Dex back in Gen VI, since the EXP drops and regional spread we're so generous. I am just missing a spare Poipole.
    ClixPsi.png
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Got my first ending in Warriors: All-Stars, and I realized why I'm not enjoying myself as much...the story is faction based. I came from a long line of Warriors games where they were focused on characters instead of a faction, so it doesn't feel as gripping, and I don't feel as invested in who I choose because I can switch on the fly with no problems (instead of committing myself to the character as I used to have to).
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited May 28
    Been bouncing between games this weekend because the new ones I started haven't grabbed my attention.

Life Is Strange has been in my digital backlog for a couple of years. I finished the 2nd episode tonight. Stories where 4 years' worth of high school drama happens in a week and meathead adults don't believe teenagers when they report crimes are mildly grating to me. It's not something that resonates with me, and a story with this as the foundation won't hook me. The rewind gimmick is a good idea, though it hasn't been implemented in very creative ways. You spilled soda on a book, now you can rewind time and not be a klutz. The game's also slow and I get bored. I played 2 episodes in 4 sittings whereas I usually play all 5 episodes of Telltale games in a day or two.

I got Assassin's Creed: Syndicate as a gift a couple of months after finishing Rogue and deciding I was about done with the series. And now a third of the way through Syndicate... I still feel like I'm done with the series. Nothing's wrong with the game; it's just the 8th one in the series I've played and I'm tired of it.

And I've been playing too much Overwatch, getting annoyed at my plummeting SR and that almost no match is balanced. My stats are the best they've ever been, and I had a few matches today where at some point I had gold damage as a healer, but I keep losing from lousy teammates, mainly DPS players who are awful. That was my issue today anyway.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • StrawberryEggsStrawberryEggs Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    I've actually been playing a lot of games lately, though not really finishing any (yet?).

More progress has been made in Tokyo Mirage Session. Still in the penultimate chapter, but I think I'll be finishing that game soon.

I'm up to chapter 2 in both timelines in Radiant Historia. I do like the addition of follow up attacks by characters who are not in the active party. The voice acting is quite good as well.

I started up the Octopath Traveler prologue demo as H'aanit. Three hours will not feel like enough in that game. Very much excited for the full version.

And for Pokemon Ultra Moon, I got it in my head to breed up two very good Treeco and name them after Fire Emblem Awakening characters (Lucina and Morgan, as they are siblings. I hardly understand why. I should get back to training that Tapu Fini.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• gaijinmonogatarigaijinmonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I am MAYBE three bosses away from the end of Tales of Innocence.... but unfortunately, that third-to-last boss is even nastier than the fourth-to-last boss before him, not to mention I'm on my last two Life Bottles and there's no good way to get more at this point.

So the boss, thankfully not accompanied by mooks, has flight capabilities, long-range weaponry, cyclonic force attacks, and some weird flashy-thing that doesn't actually seem to do much until you realize it just halved your HP. It also has 120,000 hit points.

I'm just about ready to give up on this game, again.
    At the moment, playing Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. I'm on Day 32, and I know I've missed stuff and haven't properly optimized for the road ahead. Gonna need a second playthrough to get things right, I think.

Also playing Magical Vacation on my various commutes. Currently I just beat the Enigma dwelling in Lemitsu Palace, so now it's time to track down those dwarves who carted Cafe-au-Lait away.
  • TheLegendaryZoltanTheLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    I just recently acquired my first-ever N64 and have begun playing Paper Mario. In Japan it's just called Mario Story. What a boring title. Hahaha.
    Like JRPGs?
    Want to hear a JRPG podcast that actually has a unique format?
    Check out Turn Based Memories!
    edited July 27
    I finally got around to starting World of Final Fantasy yesterday. I was expecting a bunch of great ideas wasted on a budget, TOSE-developed game that would frequently use an old-school aesthetic as an excuse to be subpar. So far I'm pleasantly surprised. The game not only has more ingenuity than I was expecting, but it moves quickly and doesn't have the sluggish pace JRPGs love so dearly. I especially like how the diminished impact of experience points on overlevelled mirages encourages you to swap around party members. In the dungeon I just beat, I needed more fire resistance, so I strolled in using a level 1 mirage, and it caught up so quickly that everything worked out okay. It's a nice difference from other monster-catching games.

I'm in chapter 7 or 8 or 9, heading to Nibelheim. They go by fast.
    edited August 2
    Took off work Monday through Wednesday for the FF14 free login period. Like last time, that let me cap two week's worth of tomes and whatnot. The story in 4.3 was excellent with a surprise trial I enjoyed. Square has found a good place for the difficulty of story trials lately.

Other than that, I leveled my 3rd desynth from ARR endgame junk to HW endgame junk, took my last crafting job from 30 to 53, finally got Red Mage and Black Mage to 70 (good riddance Black Mage, I might use Red Mage in the future as a change of pace from Summoner), and ran Heaven-on-High but not enough for a weapon. I got lucky with drops in the new raid and only needed to run it three times for two significant gear upgrades. I suppose my biggest accomplishment was ending with more gil than I had at the start, even with all I spent on desynthing and leves, some collectibles I'll never use, and a crafting gear upgrade I shouldn't have bought.

I still find the SB dungeons to be a blast. There's so much content in the game now, and so many roulettes, that doing them each day is a fresh experience, particularly if I change jobs and roles between them. I've grown to prefer Summoner over Astrologian. Summoning Bahamut and having him barf damage on things is unceasingly satisfying.

I've now capped everything I want to cap in the game other than my last desynth and crafter. The only ARR content left is the beast tribes I've been slowly, slowly picking at because I don't care about them. I don't know what I'd do for a month if I resubbed now, and even in 4.5x (when I plan to resub) I don't know what I'd spend my spare time on. I'll probably end up doing something boring, like Eureka or leveling Miner.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Well the 2nd stage of Eureka starts on the 7th, as does the Monster Hunter collaboration (permanent content), so there's always that. Though you could also save that for 4.4, so you're good either way.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited August 4
    I spent around 4 hours in Eureka during the last free login period and it was not for me. I'd have to be extremely bored whenever I resub to go there again. After doing a pre-nerf relic in HW I decided never again, and at least for that I was running dungeons, which I enjoy. Sitting in a FATE train in Eureka for 2 hours, with most of that time spent doing nothing, I did not enjoy.
    Nozomi and Reina were off to Grandma's house this weekend, so I plugged in the PS3 on Sunday and spent about 12 hours playing Tomb Raider. I started from just after the prologue ended all the way to just after the rescue helicopter completely failed to rescue anybody. A look at the FAQs suggests I'm in the final act of the game, but it'll have to come later. Much, much later, most likely; I don't get the PS3 out much these days.

For portables, I managed to grind Magical Vacation in short bursts and get my party up enough to beat the mid-boss I was stuck on. We shall see how much further I can get on this one.
    edited August 17
    I spent a while trying Behemoth in Monster Hunter: World tonight. Never killed it, and only got close once. I know the fight is going for a Final Fantasy XIV feel, but it succeeded in ways I'm not sure they expected. The ilvl (HR) is too low, so undergeared people go in and cause wipes immediately. There are a few easy mechanics and all it takes is one party member not knowing them and we'll wipe. There's one harder mechanic that requires coordination you're unlikely to get with randoms. One person alone can't wipe the party because of it, but it makes the fight more frustrating and difficult when it's not handled correctly.

Combine that with the chaos of an endgame MH battle and you get the hardest fight in the game, at least that I've seen. At least I've gotten great at it. Just need luck to give me 3 more that are, and no awful luck like Behemoth dashing to the side of the arena with no comets just before casting ecliptic meteor, or repeatedly shoulder tackling the same person to death.