If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Shiniest Say Anything Thread

1270271272273274276»

Comments

• ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    It's an edgy life, being an early adopter. I salute your courage! (and perseverance)
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited November 2017
    Yeah it is ACP. Oh and today, I can finally say I'm at least satisfied. I got Noscript back; it took him a bits but the developer got it out. (it's one man developing that extension, btw.) There's some stuff missing but he'll get that out asap; he was just trying to get that out, so I'm willing to be patient.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    One of my friends had a crate of cucumbers fall on him at work; he works in the produce section at a grocery store. I asked him if he was okay and how it happened. He said he thinks a customer knocked it over because it was really busy and that luckily he was okay. I was told, "You know, having a crate of cucumbers fall on you really puts things into perspective." I suppose it does. I'm glad he's okay at least. :)
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Well, the mods know this but I can finally say this.

WE HAVE POWER. I wasn't able to say anything since I don't have a easy way to get on this site on my phone, but I was without power for over 24 hours, and it is FREEZING down here. But I'm alive and we are okay.
    My personal page
    I've been in my bubble of self-interest all week, but now that I've poked my head out of it, I'm glad to hear things are turning around for you, weatherwise. It really sucks to lose power for long stretches...
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    Happy New Year, everyone!
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Starting off the new year with a fulfilled resolution. Sure, it may not actually be a 2018 resolution, but...

I just started sales on a paperback via Amazon's self-publishing service. It's the dead-tree edition of those stories I have on Kindle, or at least the first three of them.

Don't think I can actually post the link here, per forum rules, but the title is simply Princesses of the Pizza Parlor by Maikel Yarimizu. I'm using my wife's family name here since mine's about as common as dirt, and I want it to be easy to google this one.
    Wow, that is really cool! :)
    Stay strong, lolwhps!
    - Mark Twain
    I'm so glad you're doing better lolwhoops. Keep doing whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. :)
    I just installed some drawers. Wheee! (Seriously, though, they work *and* they don't look like crap. It's a total rush...)
    - Mark Twain
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    This is non-intuitive result.
    If there is a disease 1% of people have and a test can detect it with 95% accuracy and 0.5% false positive, the chance a person who tests positive has the disease is 66%. I expected it would be higher.

Was looking into what it takes to be an actuary. Apparently this type of problem is one an actuary could or would solve.
    The resolution of the problem comes in realizing that, that the number of false positives is almost as large as the number of correct detections.

If 1 in 100 people have the disease, the test will detect 95% of them: on average, the number of people with the disease who also test positive is 0.95 people per 100. On the other hand, of the 99 people in a 100 who don't have the disease, 0.5% of them will test positive, which is 0.495 people per 100 (on average). The number of correct positives is then 0.95/(0.95+0.495) = 0.657, or 66%.

Science!
    - Mark Twain
    I have a bit of a problem that I'm sure us gamers prolly can understand.

My sister yelled at me about playing games all the time. Even tho I don't agree with about 95% of what she said, she does have a point; I play games a LOT and when I get a new game, I get focused on it.

Been thinking towards the future. Does anyone know of any time management apps/programs that sync between Windows 10 and Android? I think going back to sorta a day planner might help if I got other things to do besides play games. (And maybe a timer, as long as I can figure out on average how long it can take to beat a boss..)
    My personal page
    Well, I mean honestly it's none of her business if you play games. If it's something you enjoy then that's all that matters. I do understand getting focused on a game especially when it's one you're having fun playing. I don't know about syncing anything, but for me I usually think about how long I want to play and set the alarm on my phone. A day planner may help you out too. :)
    I agree with Raina. As long as you're keeping your nose clean, it seems fine to just play away. I'm very skeptical when someone starts telling me how to spend my time, at least outside of work. I hope you won't let her grind you down too much.
    - Mark Twain
    edited September 7
    ACP; I won't. And Raina; a friend of mine from XI/XIV (Kellar) suggested I use Win 10's Calendar and gave me a way to sync it between phone and pc. (Cortana for Android + Outlook for Android) That can take the place of a day planner, for that's basically all one is. (Well, that and Wunderlist/Microsoft To-Do. I figure stick to what's free for the moment.)

And good idea on the timer, Raina. Win 10 also has a built in timer that I can use for pc games, for console, it'll be the phone or my Kindle Fire. But yeah, i was thinking time how long it takes me to do most bosses and dungeons so I can have a average and some wiggle room; what if it goes off in the middle of a boss? That would stink. So I'd rather give myself enough wiggle room so I can reasonably clobber the boss and go save it. That's the nice thing about RPGs tho; you can save, but not when you're in the middle of something. ^^
    My personal page
    How is everybody now that Michael has blown through? Mary-Alice, are you still kicking?
    - Mark Twain
    ACP, I'm just fine. We had some VERY minor flooding in the basement (GET THE MOP kinda flooding. Literally.) but nothing major.

And I have some good news; If my blood pressure stays down for the next couple weeks, I can kiss one of my high blood pressure meds good bye and so long. It's because I've lost about 32 lbs so it's basically lowering it without the meds, which makes it so I have to get rids of some of 'em.

I just hope it stays down, lol!
    My personal page
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Had nothing really happen here besides the normal stormy weather. Being in central SC is both a blessing and a curse in that. Means you almost never get truly destructive weather...but at the same time it means you're dying due to humidity from lack of changing weather. :p
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    And I have some good news; If my blood pressure stays down for the next couple weeks, I can kiss one of my high blood pressure meds good bye and so long.

Wow, that is good news. Congrats!

Also, glad to hear that the storm didn't chew you up too badly. I was under the impression it was moving through your neck of the woods, thought I'd at least check on things...

- Mark Twain
    edited October 16
    Thanks for both, ACP. And I don't blame you; I think in our area we just got grazed.

Oh and I got a I-want-to-cuss-but-this-isn't-worth-it problem right now. Seems I got the WRONG hdmi cables that don't support HDR for my PS3/PS4. UGH. (they do work for now, but I'd like better before KH3) Thought I'd ask since we're all gamers here; does anyone have any suggestions on not too expensive cables that support HDR? Don't say Monster. I'll have to find the paddle if you do. But if they'd be good for a PS4 Pro, it'll be fine. I admit I don't have a pro but would rather be future proof.
    My personal page
    I remember when these forums were bustling and lively, but so much these days. Where'd they all go?
    - Mark Twain
    edited November 2
    I guess where people that aren't online go; life (I think for instance at least one went to college) and such.

Who knows though. We're between big releases and it's been quiet. Someone might come back eventually. Or we might get new folks; to be honest I've been telling some friends elsewhere about this, but it's slow going. ^^ And of course, not all those even post..

Another place folks could of gone is Discord, but I'd really like to see these boards wake up a bit from their slumber.

[Edit] Oh and remember Sin? He's alive. Just hunting for work atm and does not have a PC, so he really can't come on here, sadly. Keep your fingers crossed and hope he finds a job soon; tho if you want to talk to him now, get on Discord. ^_^ (Discord supports phones very well.)
    My personal page