If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

razafystrazafyst MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Latest Updates
The media has been removed at the request of Square Enix.

Hahaha, you guys destroyed that other thread, so here's a new one.

Screen shot referral via some dood named Cameron, thanks Cam!

Enjoi!

(P.S. Yes I realize I forgot to add VII to the title, shhhh)

Comments

• KennedySVKennedySV New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Hei, nice screens and such... I found out when I went to search for any kinda trailer, whether it was a teaser or not, that there was one going around the net earlier, but many of the servers took them out upon Square's request. Lol. I wonder how long it will take before it makes its way to P2P transfers.

--Kennedy (Formerly "Ever-Embrace" until I forgot my password, and the email never came.)
  • DeshrillDeshrill Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Maybe these pics are from that trailer then...

The more pictures I see, the more hopeful I am about this movie. It's looking more and more like a re-telling of the "best parts" from FF VII with awesome CG. All I'm hoping is that when they release it in the US they have options to watch it in Japanese and English.

Hopefully the English dub of this will be more along the lines of Kingdom Hearts than Xenosaga!
  • valetine_4_evervaletine_4_ever Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Doesn't This guy look a bit like Riku? laugh.gif
  • LoneWolfLoneWolf New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I don't know about Riku (maybe, who knows, Square-Enix has more tricks up its sleeve than anyone can imagine) but couldn't it also be a, dun dun duh, Sephiroth Clone! ?Just my thoughts.
    edited October 2003
    I am pretty sure that the shots are from the trailer. I do agree with the whole re-telling of the best parts of FF7, but who knows, it could just be Cloud revisiting Midgar for all we know... The one concern that I have is with the hardcore fans of FF7, which I am not. I am sure that with such an anticipated release... the fanboys will expect more of this feature film than any other hollywood blockbuster. So what all do you expect to see? How about all of the "summons", each and every spell? Will you be disappointed if the limit breaks are not incorporated into it? I personally just wish to see what has become of the whole Turks storyline... which means that Vincent who has so wrongfully left out from the ending of the game, might actually make some kind of appearance in Advent Children. We can only hope right? I do hope not to see Cait Sith though.... -_-; Lol, seeing Tseng would be cool, but I don't know about a stuffed Mog and a Cat on top of him.. o_O;

• slapizaga_the_banditslapizaga_the_bandit Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I do hope not to see Cait Sith though.... -_-; Lol, seeing Tseng would be cool, but I don't know about a stuffed Mog and a Cat on top of him.. o_O[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

From what I recall of FFVII (and considering I'm playin' through it again right now), I believe Cait Sith was being remotely controlled by Tseng, not Tseng dressed up as a giant moogle with a cat on top calling the shots.
  • EddEdd Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    No, Cait Sith was being controlled by Reeve. Tseng was killed by Sephy wasn't he? Or was it badly wounded? I forget, maybe I should replay it before the movie comes out
    edited October 2003
    Reeve folks, Reeve

Edd beat me to it

• JCove2010JCove2010 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    We all know Cloud and what kind of person he is (a little messed up in the head) these may be flash backs, memories. Which is even more awesome, because we have those memories too.
  • JCove2010JCove2010 Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I want to see some screens of the other characters, I hope they release this in the states.
  • Darth_yogiDarth_yogi Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    A two minute video preview

(Alledgedly.. I can't get it to run on my computer..) confused.gif
    edited October 2003
    Downloading right now... I'll tell you if it works or not. Umm, yes previously stated, I am aware that Tseng did not dress in the Cait Sith getup, I did not imply that. And thank you for clarifying that it was indeed Reeve and not Tseng. Also... How does everyone feel about the new look that Cloud has going on.. He looks a lot more fitting to his personality (a loner and such) in black, would you not agree?

<EDIT: Note, that is indeed the trailer... It looks amazing, you all should really check it out if you have not already. If anyone here is familiar with the original "first" Psychic Force fighting game on the PS1, then wouldn't you agree that Sephiroth, before he shows up in flames in the trailer, looks just like Brad from Psychic Force in that outfit?>

• LoneWolfLoneWolf New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"... The one concern that I have is with the hardcore fans of FF7, which I am not. I am sure that with such an anticipated release... the fanboys will expect more of this feature film than any other hollywood blockbuster. So what all do you expect to see?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Being one of the, as you say "hardcore fans", I have rather high expectations for the movie. Unfortunatly my crappy 56k modem will not let me d/L the trailer. So from what I've seen (pictures and everyone elses reaction to the trailer) the movie looks like it may strike a chord with new fans and us "HARDCORE" fans. The video looks amazing and I expect no less from Square-Enix (ewww, bad name change) judging from their capabilities in FF:TSW and their recent games, KH FFX, even The Bouncer(quality game, kinda strange but, eh who cares, it was SQUARE), I expected to see the characters portrayed in next to lifelike images. Sure Cloud may look depressed and Sephiroth may not look like the maniac everyone expected, but thats how they were designed to look from day one. I am truly impressed with the fact that they are even considering this type of project. I personally would have liked better to see a remake with some added storyline, but this works just as well. The only thing that is really foreign and weird to me is the fact that Sephiroth looks like the badass I pictured in one shot, then like a teen with the short hair (what is up with that?!?!) in the next. Even Cloud looks more badass than Sephiroth! All in all I expect that this will bring about an end to the entire story that FF7 put into play, and maybe, just maybe, the powers that be at Square-Enix will remake, or reinvent the timeless classic that we all know and love, Final Fantasy 7!
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneWolf @ Oct. 03 2003,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"even The Bouncer(quality game, kinda strange but, eh who cares, it was SQUARE)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    This is a little off subject but i just thought i'd mention that the Bouncer wasn't developed by Square, it was developed by Dream Factory and then Square published it. For some reason Square wanted to take most of the credit for the game though and then Dream Factory decided that they were better suited developing games for the Xbox and jumped ships.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SharonToggleSharonToggle New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Heh, quoth a friend of mine, "If Vincent's not in this movie or he's non-sexy, I'm gonna cry."

I'd have to say I agree with her ^_-
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SharonToggle @ Oct. 04 2003,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Heh, quoth a friend of mine, "If Vincent's not in this movie or he's non-sexy, I'm gonna cry."

I'd have to say I agree with her ^_-[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Me too wink.gif
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The media has been removed at the request of Square Enix.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Darn my luck. sad.gif What'd I miss?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"(Alledgedly.. I can't get it to run on my computer..) confused.gif [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Me neither.......darn my luck, what'd I miss?
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (knightofhyrule @ Oct. 04 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Darn my luck. ?sad.gif ? What'd I miss?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Nothing much. Just wait a few days.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Oct. 04 2003,15:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (knightofhyrule @ Oct. 04 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Darn my luck. ?sad.gif ? What'd I miss?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Nothing much. ?Just wait a few days.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Har har har. I meant the screens that you apparantly took down. tounge.gif Anything important or just more random shots of Cloud?

And besides, I couldn't get online because I was moving. That is so not my fault.
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    More or less just random shots of Cloud. There was one where he was fighting with someone though. tounge.gif
  • LobstrosityLobstrosity Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Sephiroth may not look like the maniac everyone expected[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Huh? ?The picture of him in the propoganda magazine scan makes him look pretty insane. ?Kind of disheveled, too, like he's been sleeping under an overpass. ?

And as for missing the pictures, don't worry about it, Knight. ?If you can watch the trailer, the pictures pop up at one point or another, I think. ?And if you can't, I saved them to my HD while they were still up on the site, so drop me an AIM message, and I'll send 'em to you. ?My AIM ID is MongoL1oyd, and I'm on kind of late at night, so that might be a problem. ?If you sleep at normal hours,and you really want to see them, just tell me when you might be on AIM, and I'll log on to send you the pics. And now that I check my pictures folder, I think the pictures that were on the site were also on the magazine scan, so it's not really a big deal that you missed them.

edited October 2003
    Just a quick note, www.rpgfan.com now has 17 hi-res screenshots and a scan of the promotional poster ^^

One more thing, who's that silver-haired guy? Don't tell me Sephiroth got a haircut, too! T.T *tries to imagine Sephiroth donating four feet of silver hair to "Locks of Love" or something* O.o
    edited October 2003
    Alright alright... Cool feedback and all... The guy with silver, short hair right.... Hmmm.. Well I had a rather vain discussion with a friend of mine... who would do anything to defend the honor of FF7 because it was the first RPG that he had ever played... and we thought up possibilities. Keep in mind, that we are a bunch who know nothing really, so please don't take these too seriously, lol, but feedback is welcome and so are your guesses.

His guesses:
    1:The short haired "Sephiroth" looking fellow, is one of the others from that mountain behind Nibelheim... Considering that Sephiroth was engineered rather than born, it could be possible? Maybe? I derno.

2:The person under the white robe/cloth in the trailer (screens) is either Sephiroth, who is sitting there for some reason, or another incarnation of Jenova.

Personally, I try not to think too much about it. Lol, doing so induces a major headache for me, one that rivals the effort I have to put into trying to watch and fully understand EVA in one sitting. I have no idea though, and if anyone has any information about anything of the trailer or movie, it would be great to help shed some light.
    edited October 2003
    Hmm, that's clever. *should really finish that game* @_@
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited October 2003
    The characters described above make sense to me. In fact, it's eerily similar to characters I came up with for Cetra Legacy. Just that the "Clone" was the good guy and had the same length hair as Sephiroth (tied back though). This is from two years ago to. Freaky.

Anyway, I will subscribe to the clone theory. Look how he holds his sword. In one hand and in a reverse grip. Sephiroth holds Masamune in two hands with a normal stance.

Also, as for the Jenova theory, it may as well be. Think of it this way. Why would a powerful creature like Jenova allow itself to be confined in a tube while controling the minions of Shinra. Also, didn't it seem odd that Hojo had such an extreme mutation imediately after only one injection. Wouldn't it make so much more sense for Jenova to be intimately woven in with Shinra's higher ups as one of them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • Time/Space MageTime/Space Mage Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I still think this pic makes Cloud look like a woman. =P
    ss-001_sm.jpg