If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Zelda GameCube Details

Joseph WithamJoseph Witham MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Wow. I'm so happy to hear that Nintendo is releasing the bonus disc in North America as a free pre-order item!

Also, I'm amazed at how fast Nintendo was able to localize this game. It took Majora's Mask over six months to release, and the Oracle games close to four months. Can't wait to play The Wind Waker!

Comments

• ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    This is great. I had a feeling they would have to same deal in NA, but having it confirmed just makes me happy.

• CactusJackCactusJack Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I wasn't too impressed with the 2 Zeldas on 64 so I skepitcal about this one. They were fun and all but it just didn't feel like Zelda. Especially Majora's mask. I think most of it had to do with the silly/stupid characters that were in the games. I tried to play the Gameboy Zelda's that came out after the 64 releases but they had too many of the elements from the 64 versions in them. (mostly the retarded characters)

Oh well, that's just my worthless opinion, I hope guys enjoy them. wink.gif
  • Halcyon GaiaHalcyon Gaia Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    What is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest?
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    The announcement of the Japanese preorder bonus was enough to make me preorder as well, so I'm happy.

And, I guess Wind Waker isn't so bad either. A lot better than 'Tact of the Wind.' ;pp

• KemalKemal New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Master Quest is the US/UK name for Zelda Gaiden/Ura-Zelda, which was originally set for release on the ill-fated 64DD. Its basically Ocarina Of Time, with Puzzles/Bosses/Dungeons/Items varrying slightly. Basically, if they would of had more time to work on the game, this would be the result.
  • KrysticKrystic Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Wow this is so cool. When u pre-order Zelda the new one, u get Ocarina of Time (which was an awesome game) for free! What a deal! I wonder if its gonna cost more or something, and i hope there is improved graphics (even though the graphics of Ocarina on 64 wasn't that bad to begin with. biggrin.gif
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Krystic @ Dec. 04 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wow this is so cool. When u pre-order Zelda the new one, u get Ocarina of Time (which was an awesome game) for free! What a deal! I wonder if its gonna cost more or something, and i hope there is improved graphics (even though the graphics of Ocarina on 64 wasn't that bad to begin with. biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The deal is that if you preorder the game you get the bonus discs for free. All it is, is a devious (and benevolent) way to jack up demand for the game. The graphics themselves aren't supposed to be improved, but I heard that the graphics will be at a higher resolution, thus making everything just a bit nicer to look at.
  • SpikingZeroSpikingZero Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I'm not sure what to think about this game. I was turned off by how Miyamoto changed Link's design, but it's grown on me a little. I still don't have a Gamecube, but this game may be my excuse for getting one.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I don't consider it too devious, when you consider that most other companies would be more than willing to repackage the bonus disc separately and sell it at full price. And while I wasn't really a fan of the N64 Zeldas, I was still wetting my pants in anticipation of the GameCube one. This offer only served to make me get off my butt a little faster and preorder now, rather than in a month or two. wink.gif
  • XIONXION Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    has anyone pre ordered the game yet,if so. tell me were
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    All I can say is, "Yippeee!"

and Xion, Ebgames.com has already updated their website to indicate the freebies, so I'm assuming you can pre-order at the stores too. Of course, according to the news story, you won't get the freebies until February...

Must....resist....urge....to pre....order. At least for now wink.gif
  • KiluKilu Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I just hope that Europeans get something bonus too biggrin.gif

but then again, I dont know if I will even buy the game, cuz of it looks. I hate it! mad.gif

but I propably will have to get it cuz its Zelda after all.