If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy IV Trailer

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited July 2007 in Square Enix
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4902

Scroll down a few and click, I got shivers down my spine watching it. <3

I would embed it, but I don't know if I can do that on the RPGamer forums.

Comments

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited May 2007
    If that's what it looks like on the DS..... Its, wow. Imagine what SE could have done if they made new games now adays?
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • MuneTeikaMuneTeika Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    The timing of Golbez's Theme is so perfect that I shivered.

But yeah, it's probably just the main FMV sequences, but I am so excited for this.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited May 2007
    I finish I could find a sub of this trailer... But, it still looks nice.
    edited May 2007
    It's the conversation they have in Cecil's bedroom. The whole thing is.
  • Zidane TribalZidane Tribal Banned Banned Users
    edited May 2007
    I recognized the scene with the Tower of Babil and the dwarven tanks that would distract it's main forces while your party would slip in unnoticed. Glad to see that place got a serious facelift and not look like a giant pixelated tube. BTW, is there actual voice acting in the game or was that just for the commercial? Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for FF VI! smile.gif

• JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Zidane Tribal @ May 31 2007,13:18)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for FF VI! smile.gif</div>
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for FFV.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Jeffrey @ May 31 2007,14:19)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Zidane Tribal @ May 31 2007,13:18)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for FF VI! smile.gif</div>
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for FFV.</div>
    *bows to his sensei*

Yeah, the job system would be a lot better in the DS version of FFV. I wonder if all those extra job classes in the GBA version would be in that one. eh.gif
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (Jeffrey @ May 31 2007,14:19)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    What he said. It would be awesome to see Exdeath in 3-D while his stellar theme music plays in the background.

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited June 2007
    ...Hmmm.... I just read something that interests me. See, I didn't like FFIV since the story seemed weak and choppy. However, I just learned that apparently only 1/4 of the original script made it into the game. They plan to adding in the lost material and more... so I think I'll keep a close eye on this game.
    edited June 2007
    Only part of the original script made it into the original FFIV that came across seas... On the Chronicles and Advance ports (as well as a translation rom online) you can easily play through it complete. And I wouldn't say it's something like 1/4 basically it was just "toned down" for Westerners.
  • AethelredAethelred Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (MuneTeika @ Jun. 01 2007,00:38)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Only part of the original script made it into the original FFIV that came across seas... On the Chronicles and Advance ports (as well as a translation rom online) you can easily play through it complete. And I wouldn't say it's something like 1/4 basically it was just "toned down" for Westerners.</div>
    No, Clix is correct. Takashi Tokita, who was the lead planner for Fantasy IV and who is directing the remake, commented that they ended up cutting about 75% of the stuff they had originally written for the story (which is, I imagine, why the game consistently feels so harried and rushed).

They're going to be making some pretty extensive additions to the plot -- he said that unlike FFIII, FFIV is a much more dramatic, story-oriented game and so in the remake they really want to enhance that. So they'll be adding a lot of the stuff that was cut out originally and reworking some of the other scenes.
    edited June 2007
    Hmm... interesting. The question is... will it end up being good? I mean I really want to like this game, and I can't wait for it to come out, but if they add a ton of stuff and it destroys my favourite FF I'm likely going to be pissed, nothing I can do about it, but I'll still be pissed.

They could add all that story that they intended and still fail at it, it's possible.
  • AethelredAethelred Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (MuneTeika @ Jun. 01 2007,08:46)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Hmm... interesting. The question is... will it end up being good? I mean I really want to like this game, and I can't wait for it to come out, but if they add a ton of stuff and it destroys my favourite FF I'm likely going to be pissed, nothing I can do about it, but I'll still be pissed.

They could add all that story that they intended and still fail at it, it's possible.</div>
    *shrugs* Guess we'll see, won't we?

They've given all indications that they don't intend for this remake to be a simple graphical makeover -- they're adding a lot more story content because the story was such an important aspect of FFIV, and they're adding new gameplay stuff as well.

I think it's pretty heartening that the guy directing the game is the same guy who wrote the story/events for the original FFIV (and so is pretty familiar with what got cut) and did the planning for the game. I'm not too worried, personally, because if there's anyone who would be the best guy to upgrade FFIV (aside from Sakaguchi), it'd be Takashi Tokita.

And I like that they're going to him for FFIVr just like the director for FFIII DS (Hiromichi Tanaka) was the lead designer for the original FFIII. It tells me that Square Enix takes these things seriously that they're giving the remakes to the original designers of the games.

(Unrelatedly, they're also getting Hiroyuki Itou to do the game design for the remake, which is *very* exciting for me -- he did the battle design for FFIV, FFV, FFVIII, and FFT, co-directed FFVI and FFXII, and directed FFIX.)
    Regardless of how this turns out, however, it won't destroy your favorite Final Fantasy. If you don't like the remake, you'll always have the original. This is something else entirely.
    edited June 2007
    So, yeah, I'm now really exited after finding out. I loved FFIV's setting, cast, gameplay, and sountrack. However, I thought the story and dialogue was laughable... and I played the most recent rendition, so it wasn't that the translation was bad. However, if they are near-completely revising the plot, enhancing the already exelent gameplay, and covering it in a pretty-coat of 3D, well, let's just say I might be changing this from being my third least-favorite FF.
    edited June 2007
    I meant to comment about this earlier, but I absolutely liked the new logo with Golbez. Better than the old one with Kain doing his best Michael Jackson impression. wink.gif laugh.gif
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    Access to this resource has not been enabled? Gaah!

Still, I guess I'm glad I didn't get it on GBA then, if the DS version is cranking out this much excitement.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    I am very excited about this one... The DS and the PSP are getting a great lineup of RPGs in the future. I own neither at the moment, but once I complete my backlog of PS2 games, they are on my list of purchases. I think that will be a good way to bide my time until the next gen of console RPGs begins to flourish, as the pickings are slim to none at the moment.

The graphics are very impressive for the DS. The power of Nintendo's systems is frequently underated (IE: Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube) and often not fully utilized.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    I couldn't agree more! V is my favorite SNES FF. biggrin.gif

Even though I only played and beat IV last year I can't wait for this to come out.
  • Agent_009Agent_009 Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (MuneTeika @ May 30 2007,19:57)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The timing of Golbez's Theme is so perfect that I shivered.</div>
    Ditto. Good lord, the music takes me back... I love it.

With there being more to the story, I'm really curious to see how this one turns out.
  • TriaTria Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    It's a shame when a game's art style can ruin my hype for something. The CG is great, but the in game graphical art style is terrible. I can't stand it.
    Recently Finished RPGs:

Resonance of Fate - 4.5/5
    Tales of Graces (Import) - 2/5
    Ys VII (Import) - 2.5/5
    Final Fantasy XIII - 3/5
    Nier - 1.5/5
  • RpgNRpgN Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    And I was just planning on buying FFIV for the gba...Oh what the hell. I'll buy it for the gba anyway and when it comes for the ds after 3 years, I'll buy that too tounge2.gif There, I solved my problem!

I think it's interesting to play the gba version first and then the ds version to see all the extra stuff and all the efforts they are going to put. Now here's hoping for FFV and VI ds biggrin.gif
    you will pay for this!
    edited June 2007
    After 3 years? It's coming out later this year... o.O
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (MuneTeika @ Jun. 19 2007,23:39)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">After 3 years? It's coming out later this year... o.O</div>
    When exactly is it coming out? 'Cause now you've got me on pins and needles.

Ouch... butbut.gif
    edited June 2007
    The date is vague, but I know it's due by the end of 2007 in Japan, as of lately many games have been released in english within a week to a few months of the Japanese release. I wouldn't be surprised if it was late 2007 or early 2008 for us.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Jun. 10 2007,16:26)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I am very excited about this one... The DS and the PSP are getting a great lineup of RPGs in the future. I own neither at the moment, but once I complete my backlog of PS2 games, they are on my list of purchases. I think that will be a good way to bide my time until the next gen of console RPGs begins to flourish, as the pickings are slim to none at the moment.

The graphics are very impressive for the DS. The power of Nintendo's systems is frequently underated (IE: Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube) and often not fully utilized.</div>
    Those are pre-rendered CG cinema sequences, not actual in game graphics. Needless to say that I am interested in this game.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • RpgNRpgN Member Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (MuneTeika @ Jun. 19 2007,23:39)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">After 3 years? It's coming out later this year... o.O</div>
    I was just estimating since most of SE games takes years to make (look at FFCC for the psp). Also I was taking into account about the localization in Europe, which takes at least 6 months after America mad.gif
    you will pay for this!
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited June 2007
    <div>
    (MonCapitan2002 @ Jun. 29 2007,10:12)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Jun. 10 2007,16:26)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I am very excited about this one... The DS and the PSP are getting a great lineup of RPGs in the future. I own neither at the moment, but once I complete my backlog of PS2 games, they are on my list of purchases. I think that will be a good way to bide my time until the next gen of console RPGs begins to flourish, as the pickings are slim to none at the moment.

The graphics are very impressive for the DS. The power of Nintendo's systems is frequently underated (IE: Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube) and often not fully utilized.</div>
    Those are pre-rendered CG cinema sequences, not actual in game graphics. ?Needless to say that I am interested in this game.</div>
    Well, they're better than the PS1 version's pre-rendered CGs, whatever the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited July 2007
    My point is that the graphics cannot be judged at this point. We haven't actually seen anything in game yet. I wonder if the game will employ the same graphical style Final Fantasy III DS employed.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited July 2007
    From what we've seen of the screenshots, it looks like the graphics will by more sketched-like and look a bit more like FFVIII with tall character models.
    edited July 2007
    Do you have a source for those screenshots? I'd like to see how the game looks.
    LordBilbanes.png