If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Catch of the Day: Star Ocean 3 Details

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
A war between two very different kingdoms...haven't I heard this somewhere before? Oh well. What do y'all think?

Comments

• RucainRucain Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well this certainly isn't a new idea, but it is tried and true. The first game I thought about when reading this story tidbit was Xenogears tounge.gif I'm still psyched about the game, and can't wait for the North American confirmation.

~Rucain
  • MystalicMystalic Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I'm trying to pinpoint how #1 and #2 have story relations to what we have for #3 thus far. Unlike some series *hackFinalFANTASYwheeze*. Excuse me. As I was saying, the Star ocean Series has story connections, at least character-wise. I will bet it all that there's a twist to it involving some of the past characters and probably at least something Sci-fi. There's gotta be something sci-fi.

My only guess is that the planet is Arlia (sp), Rena's planet from So2.
  • HolySwordsmanCidHolySwordsmanCid New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Arlia was Rena's town. Expel was the planet. "<span class="spoiler">And Nede was the big ball of energy mass</span>".

Anyway, I am wating to get US confirmation before getting my hopes too high...
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2002
    It is coming to the US. The game is on Enix's US website.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm trying to pinpoint how #1 and #2 have story relations to what we have for #3 thus far. Unlike some series *hackFinalFANTASYwheeze*. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hello? The FF games aren't supposed to have any relationship to eachother! The Star Ocean series is, and right now, I don't see the relationship.

I'll also confirm Star Ocean 3 is headed statewise. The release date is at gamespot.com, so it must be true.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    You seriously think that GameSpot would know before RPGamer?
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    Right now, I'm unimpressed. The graphics were nice, the concept of lip-synched speech was interesting, but they haven't divulged anything about where/how/if the Earthlings arrive!