If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Comments

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I'll just continue watching Spicks and Specks and Chasers, heck the only decent show I watch from the America's at the moment is Mythbusters!

Oh and we may produce excrement but America produces a ton load more! biggrin.gif
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Galactica Razor was awesome. But the Adventures of Young Adama mini-episodes are made of pure win!
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I'm way too behind on Battlestar to even consider seeing Razor yet. I haven't watched Season 3.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Battlestar is freaking sick... I am only in the middle of season II right now but damn... so awesome
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • MiyosakaMiyosaka Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    The last episode of Season 2 and the first arc of Season 3 of Battlestar are mind-numbingly awesome television.
    thanks for reading
    edited November 2007
    Its was always on at 1, and even though is is nearly 3 in the morning, I just don't watch T.V. this late (except F1, and only for the crashes).
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    edited November 2007
    Rome is the one i'm wathcing now. Pretty awesome.

The only problem is that you know what happens to all the characters already
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    The latest episode of X-Play is good. Best episode in a really long time. The episode is titled "Super Mario Galaxy Special."
    edited December 2007
    JERICHO IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWWWAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Dexter anyone? I cant wait for season three.

I also watch The Riches, however my girlfriend is much more into it than I am.
  • ThunarThunar New Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    I never got around to watching it when it was actually on TV, but I recently checked out Jericho, and it's a really fine series.

EDIT: didn't read the thread before I posted. Poster @ 2 above, can you provide a link regarding the uncancellation (assuming that is what you mean)?

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2008
    <div>
    (Thunar @ Apr. 15 2008,19:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I never got around to watching it when it was actually on TV, but I recently checked out Jericho, and it's a really fine series.

EDIT: didn't read the thread before I posted. Poster @ 2 above, can you provide a link regarding the uncancellation (assuming that is what you mean)?</div>
    Yeah the fans were P.O.'ed and sent the network a very large bag of peanuts. ?Network re-instated the show. ?But I thought they've cancelled it after this season?

Did anyone else watch any of New Amsterdam? ?I kinda liked it... the acting got better about half-way into the series, although I doubt Fox is going to renew it for a second season.

Other than that, the only thing I've been watching lately (other than baseball) is House. ?After last season, I'm glad 24 isn't happening again until January. ?I really hope the writers get their heads on straight and give us something good this time.

I like to watch Mythbusters whenever I can remember it's on.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • happytownhappytown Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    I find that whenever I turn on the telly either Mythbusters or Dirty Jobs is ALWAYS on for some reason. I don't think Discovery Channel even plays any other shows.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2008
    <div>
    (happytown @ Apr. 16 2008,16:03)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I find that whenever I turn on the telly either Mythbusters or Dirty Jobs is ALWAYS on for some reason. ?I don't think Discovery Channel even plays any other shows.</div>
    True Story... one of the farms near where I grew up was featured on Dirty Jobs last year.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited May 2008
    Anyone out here watch Hell's Kitchen? o.o
  • HK-47HK-47 Member Full Members
    edited May 2008
    One of the most recent shows I remember watching was Whose Line is it Anyway?
    Other than that, it's just some random cartoon while my DS is recharging. Recess usually, and I wish they kept Dave the Barbarian and Boy Meets World on more convinent times.
  • CarontCaront Member Full Members
    edited May 2008
    <div>
    (shoptroll @ Apr. 16 2008,13:07)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Thunar @ Apr. 15 2008,19:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I never got around to watching it when it was actually on TV, but I recently checked out Jericho, and it's a really fine series.

EDIT: didn't read the thread before I posted. Poster @ 2 above, can you provide a link regarding the uncancellation (assuming that is what you mean)?</div>
    Yeah the fans were P.O.'ed and sent the network a very large bag of peanuts. ?Network re-instated the show. ?But I thought they've cancelled it after this season?

Did anyone else watch any of New Amsterdam? ?I kinda liked it... the acting got better about half-way into the series, although I doubt Fox is going to renew it for a second season.

Other than that, the only thing I've been watching lately (other than baseball) is House. ?After last season, I'm glad 24 isn't happening again until January. ?I really hope the writers get their heads on straight and give us something good this time.

I like to watch Mythbusters whenever I can remember it's on.</div>
    Not sure this point needs clarifying anymore, but here goes.

Rahl made his initial post about Jericho coming back on Dec. 7 of last year. At that point, Season two had recently been announced and was in production. They made seven episodes and began showing them in mid-February.

Unfortunately for all of us Jericho fans, the show was slotted at 10 PM Eastern, which was later than normal and not all that conducive to great ratings. The show did decently, but not well enough to precipitate a third season on CBS.

That having been said, there have been rumors to the effect that CBS has shopped the show to media outlets such as Sci-Fi Channel and Comcast, but the results of such meetings have not been announced.

I hope that helps clear the air a bit on Jericho.

Sincerely,
    Caront
  • waterlily43waterlily43 Member Full Members
    edited May 2008
    <div>
    (kittenofthepack @ May 28 2008,04:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Anyone out here watch Hell's Kitchen? o.o</div>
    Is that the one with Gordon Ramsay in it? I've heard of it but my house doesn't subscribe to that channel.

TV shows...right now I'm watching Supernatural reruns. I can't believe how slow the local stations are in acquiring season 2 -_- OMG I might as well just get the DVD.

There's also a forensic show called Bones that I catch occasionally, when I can convince my eyelids to stap up since it's airing at like 1 am. Plus Scrubs before that if I'm waiting up for it.

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2008
    Did anyone watch "Wipeout" or "I Survived a Japanese Game Show!"?

I did watch wipeout. The commentary was the best part; the obstacles were rather lame.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2008
    Anyone watching "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog"? ?It's a web-TV production that's only free for this week, directed/produced by Joss Whedon and starring Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris. ?It's pretty damn funny. ?I watched the first two acts (third and final act will be up tomorrow) and immediately went to iTunes to download them to my computer.

http://www.drhorrible.com ?if anyone's interested.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ Nov. 05 2007,22:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'll just continue watching Spicks and Specks and Chasers, heck the only decent show I watch from the America's at the moment is Mythbusters!

Oh and we may produce excrement but America produces a ton load more! biggrin.gif</div>
    Yeah I second that. It's a pity Chaser don't have a current series cuz I'd love to see what they could get up to @ world youth day, it'd be like APEC all over again lolz.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
    edited July 2008
    Soon young Padawan, soon.

And trust me, they may have got away with smexing with the world leaders, but I think they'd be turned into Chuck's alterboys if they tried that with the Pope tounge2.gif
    edited July 2008
    Anyone gotten into the 4400? I'm on season 4, unfortunately the last season... its a KILLER show, an awesome take on the whole people with powers thing
    edited July 2008
    I really didn't get into the first season of 4400(thought it was massively boring), but then I recently started watchin' a later series (either 3 or 4) where jordan had set himself up as a messiah figure an everything was goin' crazy an I thought it was pretty good.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited July 2008
    <div>
    (SiliconNooB @ Jul. 19 2008,13:13)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (bain_nick @ Nov. 05 2007,22:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'll just continue watching Spicks and Specks and Chasers, heck the only decent show I watch from the America's at the moment is Mythbusters!

Oh and we may produce excrement but America produces a ton load more! biggrin.gif</div>
    Yeah I second that. It's a pity Chaser don't have a current series cuz I'd love to see what they could get up to @ world youth day, it'd be like APEC all over again lolz.</div>
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The Chaser team need to come back soon, they were the only reason I changed the channel on my TV from it's usual SBS-or-AV setting.

• SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited July 2008
    <div>
    (Nergal @ Jul. 21 2008,20:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (SiliconNooB @ Jul. 19 2008,13:13)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>

Yeah I second that. It's a pity Chaser don't have a current series cuz I'd love to see what they could get up to @ world youth day, it'd be like APEC all over again lolz.</div>
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The Chaser team need to come back soon, they were the only reason I changed the channel on my TV from it's usual SBS-or-AV setting.</div>
    Yeah, the only reason I changed from AV. I hear that.
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2008
    I watched the first season of the 4400, but I never really tuned in afterwards. I just never knew when it was on and forgot about it, but I did enjoy the first season and the parts of the second season I saw.

No shows right now that really watch religiously when it's on, except maybe wrestling. I have been watching as much Deadliest Catch as is humanly possible. I never heard about it until my friend pointed it out one time and we watched it. Now I must have MOAR. It's seriously the most mysteriously addictive show I've watched in a long time.
    edited August 2008
    WOOOOOOOOOT Double the Fist season 2 starts tommorow night @ 9:30 on ABC2! I never really thought this show would come back on air since the first season aired all the way back in 2004 but it's back an looks more awesome than ever! For anyone who never caught the first series it's a funny and violent spectacle full of cgi injury an death. Aussie tuff.

Edit: check this out!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dWyThuZ_k&feature=related

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WmMeceLa0Bw&feature=related

• NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited August 2008
    <div>
    (SiliconNooB @ Aug. 13 2008,15:53)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">WOOOOOOOOOT Double the Fist season 2 starts tommorow night @ 9:30 on ABC2! I never really thought this show would come back on air since the first season aired all the way back in 2004 but it's back an looks more awesome than ever! For anyone who never caught the first series it's a funny and violent spectacle full of cgi injury an death. Aussie tuff.

Edit: check this out!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dWyThuZ_k&feature=related

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WmMeceLa0Bw&feature=related</div>
    Excellent! I saw the first series on the Comedy Channel a few years back. It was truly the embodiment of ROFLMFAO.
    edited August 2008
    The first episode was awesome! All the violence and special effects seem to have been upped significantly, I loved seeing Mephisto's head impailed by the beer keg tap laugh.gif Apparently there hasn't been a new series until now because the ABC boss at the time was upset that double the fist won the AFI instead of kath and kim......That makes me want to strangle somebody. Talk about being a victim of your own success!