If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Comments

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited August 2008
    ABC on a Wednesday night is the ONLY reason to change the TV from the AV setting... except maybe Good News Week on Mondays, Top Gear also on Mondays, and thats about it.

I don;t even watch footy on T.V. anymore, just listen to the radio.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Heroes starts 9/22. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm giving them 4 episodes to grab me before I stop watching since last season was pretty painful at times. I'm cautiously optimistic that they handle this season well since the preview ads show them heading into very cliche waters ("hey we can give anyone superpowers now!"). I don't want this show to crash like 24 did last season (it's also getting the "you have 4 episodes to suck me in" treatment).

Still looking forward to the new season of House, whenever that starts. The finale last season was incredibly well done.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    House returns September 16th.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited August 2008
    <div>
    (Slayer of God @ Aug. 15 2008,18:31)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">House returns September 16th.</div>
    Awesome. Thanks for the info smile.gif
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Heroes was great the first season. I didn't like the second season much - I can't put my finger on it, but it seems the writers have exhausted all their good material. The lack of an ending didn't help.

I am looking forward to the second Season of Chuck.

Everyone has their returning favorites. Is anyone interested in these NEW shows?
    CBS: Worst Week, The Mentalist, Gary Umarried, The Ex List
    NBC: America's Toughest Jobs (reality), My Own Worst Enemy (action), Knight Rider (action), Eleventh Hour, Kath and Kim, Crusoe
    ABC: Opportunity Knocks (gameshow), Life on Mars
    CW: 90210 (drama), Privileged, Stylista, In Harm's Way, Surviving Suburbia, Easy Money
    Fox: Fringe, Do Not Disturb (comedy)
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    I really like the forensic style showsl ike CSI and Bones.

Which makes me pretty happy cause wednesday is the two hour long season premier of Bones. It sucks that CSI won't happen till October though.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty much irreversably hooked on Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Prison Break, Heroes
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited September 2008
    Yeah Heroes is right after 24 on my list of shows I might stop watching. ?Not sure what happened last season, but this season doesn't look very encouraging for some reason. ?I seem to think that "we can give common people powers on the spot now with this vaccine" seems like it's been done to death in other places. ?Also, I'm gonna be sad if we get Sylar again as the villain and they don't do any character development with him. ?Half the fun is learning about the villain, and if you can't do any more character development it's time to replace them. ?That was always one of the more intriguing things in 24: finding out who the villain du jour is.

24 has 4 episodes to re-engage me. ?I'm willing to a little more lenient with Heroes (I'll give it 6 episodes), but if the pacing is like Season 2 instead of Season 1 this time, I'm just going to watch House this fall.

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited September 2008
    4 episodes for 24? How convenient! There just happens to be a 2 hour movie thing this fall before the next season that supposedly acts as the beginning of the season. Not sure when it is, but I'll definitely be watching.

Also, did anyone else catch the steaming pile of awful that was the season premiere of Prison Break? I watched most of last season because it was nice to see them back trying to break out of a prison, but I won't be watching this season.
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Sep. 02 2008,14:35)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">4 episodes for 24? How convenient! There just happens to be a 2 hour movie thing this fall before the next season that supposedly acts as the beginning of the season. Not sure when it is, but I'll definitely be watching.</div>
    Oh, they're pulling this again? >.>

I don't mind the two hour premiers, but I do mind the fact that they then tried to pawn it off on people on DVD. Just seemed like a very obvious cash grab attempt. I hate stuff like that.

Actually in retrospect, it was pretty obvious that last season was gonna go down hill by episode 4. I mean, after detonating the nuke, the remaining 18 episodes were basically just chasing the terrorists around while they lazily wasted time moving nukes around. *snore*
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    Some of that probably had to do with Keifer Sutherland doing that movie: Mirrors
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited September 2008
    I mean it's a TV movie. I don't think they'd pull too many profits with a theater release or something.
    edited September 2008
    House starts tonight! Wooo!
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (shoptroll @ Sep. 16 2008,07:45)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">House starts tonight! ?Wooo!</div>
    I need to make sure I wake up in time for that. Don't want to miss it.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    edited September 2008
    I hate Fox so much right now. Who on earth authorized moving the show up an hour from it's normal times slot?

The best part is: I caught the tail end of the episode and ZOMG spoilers.

Not pleased at all.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (shoptroll @ Sep. 16 2008,19:12)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I hate Fox so much right now. ?Who on earth authorized moving the show up an hour from it's normal times slot?

The best part is: I caught the tail end of the episode and ZOMG spoilers.

Not pleased at all.</div>
    It was a good episode, but for the most part it was just another episode. The ending was the only bit of continuity you really need to walk away with anyways.
    edited September 2008
    Yeah that was a good episode, watched it the next day.

This season of Heroes is looking magnitudes better than last. So far.
  • YoyocoolYoyocool Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    House and Heros, dang two shows i need to catch on. (thank god i have hero's on DVR along with House)

Btw, if anyone had to choose; would you choose House over Hero's? ?(it would be House in a heartbeat)

Edit: I can't believe i left out "House" be and in lol.

edited September 2008
    Please learn to spellcheck. ?Your posts an affront to English. sad.gif

EDIT: Fortunately we don't have to choose since they're on different nights.

• YoyocoolYoyocool Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    I wonder if that's the same for me too.

Edit: As far as misspelling goes, i usually don't spell anything wrong as long as i know how to spell it to begin with ^^. Also, spellcheck doesn't cover punctuation sad.gif and i tend to forget words as i type. Sorry.

Edit Edit: I think it should be, "Your posts Are A affont to English." lol
    edited September 2008
    Uh huh.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner beating my head into the wall.
  • SundoulosSundoulos Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (shoptroll @ Sep. 22 2008,19:09)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">This season of Heroes is looking magnitudes better than last. So far.</div>
    Your words fill my heart with hope, sir.

I recorded Heroes last night, and I plan to watch it sometime this week.

Monster Hunter Tri ID: N49H18
    Monster Hunter Name: Sundolos
    Region: North America
  • nakamuranakamura Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    I just watch old re-runs of Friends and Frasier mainly on tv. I haven't got the time to follow tv shows so I watch what is on. Also we do watch a bit of japanese drama on the net but thats good as can watch it when we want.
  • SundoulosSundoulos Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    I'm giddily waiting for season 2 of Chuck next week. I heard that a free download of the season premiere is already on Itunes and Hulu, so I may check it out this weekend.

Thus far, everything I've heard has been positive.
    Monster Hunter Tri ID: N49H18
    Monster Hunter Name: Sundolos
    Region: North America
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (Sundoulos @ Sep. 23 2008,12:12)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (shoptroll @ Sep. 22 2008,19:09)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">This season of Heroes is looking magnitudes better than last. ?So far.</div>
    Your words fill my heart with hope, sir. ?

I recorded Heroes last night, and I plan to watch it sometime this week.</div>
    I'm excited, but of course I didn't revile last season the way most did. Super juiced!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Seargent06Seargent06 Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    depends whats on and if i want to watch it but i like CSI, Law and Order SVU, criminal intent, Heroes once in a while, and a bunch of other stuff.
    [url=\"http://obelisk1planethell.blogspot.com\"]Visit my blog[/url]

\"Smile It will confuse people and make them wonder what your thinking\"
    edited October 2008
    I like this new guy that's replacing Wilson on House. The PI. He's an amusing character.
    edited October 2008
    <div>
    (Seargent06 @ Sep. 30 2008,21:55)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">depends whats on and if i want to watch it but i like CSI, Law and Order SVU, criminal intent, Heroes once in a while, and a bunch of other stuff.</div>
    Haven't seen you on in a while!

If you gig those CSI shows, try Dexter! CSI with a twist!
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2008
    What happened on House tonight? I watched it but I remember nothing.

Also Hulu is pretty great. I'm living out my inner nerd by watching B5 on it.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited October 2008
    <div>
    (Seargent06 @ Oct. 01 2008,13:55)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">depends whats on and if i want to watch it but i like CSI, Law and Order SVU, criminal intent</div>
    I used to be a big CSI and Criminal Intent fan. Nowadays though, SVU's the only crime show for me.