If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Comments

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Currently on season seven of stargate SG-1 with all five seasons of Atlantis to watch immediately after... life is good! biggrin.gif
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Futurama's Back! You may have to scroll down a bit.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Wooooooooooooooo! Finally, TV news that I care about.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited June 2009
    I hate falling behind on UK television. Why do your hour programs have to actually be an hour??

edited June 2009
    Started Stargate Atlantis today. Pretty awesome, very different from SG-1, characters aren't nearly as awesome, though less cliche.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited June 2009
    Haven't watched any Stargate, but Atlantis does have Jewel Staite which should make it worthwhile smile.gif
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2009
    Wooooooooooooooo! Finally, TV news that I care about.
    Best news ever biggrin.gif

Fox keeps bringing back cancelled shows. First Family Guy, now Futurama. Maybe they'll bring back Firefly if we whine hard enough

Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    edited June 2009
    But Comedy Central is the one getting the episodes. Fox is probably only involved because they probably own the distribution rights.
    edited June 2009
    Just caught up on The Colbert Report for this week, his take on the Natal was so on point. "Finally, a kid with a skateboard, and the ability to ride a skateboard, no longer has to ride a skateboard." Skip to about 1:40 Him playing the Ex-X-Box is pretty awesome.
    edited August 2009
    Hooray for permisible double posting and happy endings.
    edited August 2009
    Hooray!
    edited August 2009
    Oh thank God that's amazing news. I don't know if I would have watched it with an all different cast.
    edited August 2009
    I just started this newish HBO series called True Blood... just freaking awesome show!
  • RenmazuoRenmazuo Member Full Members
    edited August 2009
    Anyone else have a guilty pleasure for Merlin?
    edited August 2009
    Not really. I saw the first couple of episodes but it sunk straight to the bottom on my list of Camelot re-tellings. Unfortunately when I saw the listing I thought it was the Merlin miniseries from the 90's, which I remembered loving even though I was only 10 at the time it was shown. Needless to say I was fairly disappointed.

Note: No I haven't seen that awful looking King Arthur movie and I don't ever plan to.

edited August 2009
    For anyone else who likes Dexter, the first ep of the new season is on Showtimes website, although I think it's unintentional and you gotta dig a little. If you go to their Dexter page and click on the comic-con sneak peak link, at the bottom of that page is a sneak peak video. Click on the menu button on that video, then click the newest tab that appears, and voila! There's the new ep.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i'm looking foward to seeing supernatural season 5 and TBBT season 3
    edited August 2009
    Wow Supernatural is still going? I watched about every episode of the first season, so I should take a look around and see if I can watch the rest of the series online.
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited September 2009
    i'm watching true blood. season 2 is over, but s3 is in the works. i really like this series. i've started watching vampire diaries, but it seems it may end up being kinda gay. we'll see. i'm watching old star trek voyager series and am on season 3. nothing much else interests me on tv.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited September 2009
    I'm watching Entourage, the only TV series I watch these days.

(Nothing can beat the good old Soprano's. How I miss you.)

edited September 2009
    Entourage has been great as usual. Check out Sons of Anarchy, it's a west coast Soprano's on bikes.

I was very impressed by the first episode of Bored to Death. It reminds me a lot of Royal Tenenbaums and The Darjeeling Limited, wouldn't be surprised if it was made by the same folks actually. Plus it has Ted Danson in the first scene you see him in spitting out as his first line "Do you have any pot?". Great stuff.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited September 2009
    ^Thanks, I'll check out Sons of Anarchy. If it's even half as good as Soprano's I'll be a happy man.
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited September 2009
    woot! flashpoint came back on.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
    edited September 2009
    Just finished Stargate Atlantis in time for the Stargate Universe premiere... Damn I cannot wait!
  • gabor.sviatkogabor.sviatko New Member Full Members
    edited September 2009
    Just started How I met your mother, but the old time classic is Seinfeld!! Just reply it after you are done with all 9 seasons! smile.gif
    edited October 2009
    Catch the Seinfeld reunion stuff on Curb Your Enthusiam?

Had a pleasant day of TV surprises yesterday. Came home from work to find a brand spankin new episode of Venture Bros on the dvr, didn't even know there was a new season coming already. Then my old roomate stops by with a memory stick containing a new hour-long Trailer Park Boy's special which apparently leads into the new movie they're making. Awesome.
    edited October 2009
    Had a pleasant day of TV surprises yesterday.
    House is actually managing to not suck so far this season. Only problem is that I feel that last season was just a bunch of filler for some reason. I'm hoping the writers keep up with the goodness smile.gif
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Quote: wrote:
    Filler
    Hey, it's not like they're intentionally deviating from the House comic book or something. I thought filler is "when they add stuff that wasn't in the original work to take up time." And the results can be good when they do that too - it's not universally a bad thing (unless you are a purist).

Is there some other definition of filler I need to be aware of. Like low budget episodes because they were behind on budget or something?
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited October 2009
    re: shoptroll
    House is actually managing to not suck so far this season...

Agree! Watching House not do a death spiral in to vicodin madness is pretty refreshing. (As a side note: a drug called suikodin would be totally awesome. laugh.gif )

re: flamethrower
    it's not universally a bad thing (unless you are a purist).

I am, in fact, a card-carrying member of the impurist movement. I'm just waiting for my T-shirt to get here so I can show off. biggrin.gif
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    edited October 2009
    Is there some other definition of filler I need to be aware of. Like low budget episodes because they were behind on budget or something?
    It's more like last season (or two) didn't happen. His "new" staff have all been written off the show, the old ones are back, and aside from the lasting effects of one character's death it's almost like the last two years didn't happen. The writing so far is noticeably improved over last season.