If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Quote: wrote:
    suikodin
    I work for a drug company. They used to ask the employees for drug name suggestions. The deciders pick among those and there was a reward if your name was picked. Drug companies can name the product anything they want, but subject to FDA approval. The FDA is likely to disapprove a misleading name, or a name that sounds similar to an existing product that does a similar thing.

Now they hire consultants. The quality of the names is about the same with them, I think. Consulting has to be the best job ever.

This is a tad offtopic.
  • booyahbbooyahb New Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    30 Rock..hands down
    you talkin\' to me..are you talkin\' to ME?
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Cheezy Blasters...pants down. smile.gif
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Just saw the last episode of Entourage. *sigh* Another great show that ends.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Anyone watch The Jay Leno Show?
    There was an article in the paper about it...but I have never seen the show.
    I heard he created a parody TV program "Cops and Doctors" to make fun of basically all of his competition at the same timeslot and please network execs.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Jay Leno is very funny. I still watch it now and then. I like his show more than any of his competitors, probably because I'm used to him. I've tried watching them, but not felt the same fun factor.
    edited October 2009
    Just saw the last episode of Entourage. *sigh* Another great show that ends.
    That was just the season finale, not the series finale right?!

Flamethrower were you the one who started watching 30 Rock last year? I ask because of the veiled insult to Leno at the end of the first ep this season being a possible spur to your question about Leno. Apparently a lot of the other people at NBC aren't too happy about him taking that timeslot, and 30 Rock being the "edgy award-winner" felt safe taking the shot at him where others couldn't.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited October 2009
    I watch little to no TV these days. All my free time is spent playing games, watching anime DVDs, or reading. I do watch one show regularly: Greek. Personally I quite like it.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Just finished Stargate Atlantis in time for the Stargate Universe premiere... Damn I cannot wait!
    really? does that show EVER get any good? besides from the movie i've tried to watch the first series and the latest (universe) series and both are horrible to watch. seems they filmed it in my neighbors basement. pretty craptastic imo.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited October 2009

The way it ended and no word on a new season makes me think there will be no more Entourage. sad.gif
    edited October 2009
    Ouch. Personally the way it ended, I was thinking there might even be an episode left this season. I guess the stuff with Ari and Lloyd felt tied up, Turtle and Jaime too. I guess it's just the E and Sloan ending that felt incomplete to me.

Oh and I dug a bit (this thread isn't as deep as I initially thought) and it was actually Shoptroll who mentioned getting into 30 Rock. Figures I'd mix up the two mods/pc tech enthusiasts.
  • mr. nailsmr. nails Member Full Members
    edited November 2009
    reimaging everything now-a-days, huh? the 2009 pilot episode of the 1984 TV series V is out and it's quite intriguing. the pilot episode builds a lot of anticipation and i anxiously await the 2nd episode. lol, i only hope i get to see long tongues and rat eating.
    [url=\"relaxl.png[/url]
    *Short Video Link in Banner*
    edited November 2009
    I've enjoyed the first few episodes of V as well, that's a pretty good cast they've got going there. But the real reason I'm posting is for a different remake, which beg's the question:

Where the hell has Davis been at anyways?

About six months back I watched the 60's series The Prisoner based on his recomendation on these forums, and we also shared an admiration for AMC's Breaking Bad. Now as I'm watching basketball tonight I see an ad for an AMC remake of The Prisoner starting this Sunday and running through Monday, two new episodes a night. AMC does quality stuff, I've heard good things about Mad Men as well although I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet so I'm pretty excited about this, the DVR's all set. There had best to be trampoline fights as well as the following line uttered in response to a bawling bird. "You can close the floodgates sister, I'm waterproof."
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited November 2009
    Tonight's episode of South Park? Hilarious parody of Glenn Beck. Best episode of the season by far.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited November 2009
    "I'm thankful for Dexter." That's how you do a Thanksgiving episode!
  • Strife2Strife2 Member Full Members
    edited November 2009
    Burn Notice and Mythbusters: the meaning of life
    61-category.jpg

STONE DEAF FOREVER!
    edited January 2010
    I was channel surfing last night and found out Discovery has brand new episodes of the Planet Earth documentaries airing right now. I love how dedicated these guys are to getting rare stuff caught on film. Three years in the Himalayas to catch one snow leopard hunt is what I would call determination.

And props to 30 Rock for exposing ever more bizarre aspects of Japanese culture to me. First "Sharking" and now this "body pillow love" thing. I'm almost scared of what they'll teach me next. biggrin.gif
  • Super Duper GuySuper Duper Guy Member Full Members
    edited March 2010
    I like to watch Bones and TMNT on Saturday mornings tounge2.gif
    Play whatever makes you happy.
    edited June 2010

The way it ended and no word on a new season makes me think there will be no more Entourage. sad.gif
    Short term is shot but for some reason I can remember posts from half a year ago. And I just saw the ad last night. New episodes start on the 27th of this month.
  • Scott WachterScott Wachter Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2010
    I just finished up watching the first season of community (aka that show that's on the same time as glee), which is pretty damned good.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited June 2010
    Short term is shot but for some reason I can remember posts from half a year ago. And I just saw the ad last night. New episodes start on the 27th of this month.
    Perfect, thank you for the heads up! biggrin.gif

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Finally had the time to watch the first episode (season 7) of Entourage. inlove.gif

Ari+Drama+Lloyd are as funny as ever. Man, I love this show.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Been drooling endlessly over the shield, and watched the first two episodes of the last season of Lost. NUTS.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • L337_L355L337_L355 Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Finally finished watching season 3 of The Big Bang Theory, and I was rather pleased with it. My girlfriend got me hooked on the series not too long ago.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited July 2010
    Watching the rerun of Soprano's, one of the best series I have watched.

I have also seen the three first episodes of Entourage (season 7).
  • valsarvalsar Member Full Members
    edited July 2010
    White Collar is about the only thing on TV that I'm watching right now besides random shows on the discovery channel.
    edited September 2010
    Finishing up Lost, also watching Lie to Me.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Started watching True Blood after numerous encouragements. It's alright so far, it kinda wavers between gripping drama and soapy love triangles, whether I'll watch the second season depends on where it lands. I can't help but feel the intended audience is women though, so many of the characters and scenarios seem to cater to typically female fantasies.
    edited November 2010
    It's totally a chick show, but I love it anyway (me and my girl watch it, she is in love with it). Also watching The Event. Good show, no lost killer but good.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited November 2010
    It's quite raunchy. I recall watching German softcore movies as a teenager that had less sex scenes than True Blood and not as explicit either.

I can see why this is a good show to watch with your girlfriend.