If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TV Series

Comments

• AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited November 2010
    So. The Walking Dead. Anybody watching this? It's pretty good. Cant wait for ep. 2.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    So. The Walking Dead. Anybody watching this? It's pretty good. Cant wait for ep. 2.

Watched the first three, haven't had time for the rest, but DAMN this is a good show. Well done. Excited it got renewed for a full second season.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2010
    I'm just reacquainting myself with Seinfeld. Every few years I need to run through pretty much the entire series, which is very constant. Critics harped about the quality of the latter seasons back in the 90's, but many of my favorite episodes are from that span. It's too damn bad the show didn't go on for a tenth season, but what we got was unquestionably my favorite sitcom.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Seinfeld is one of my favourite series too. I've considered buying the whole thing and watching it all over, as I find the episodes on TV tend to repeat a lot, like they only use a few seasons.

I'm back on True Blood with the second season. It still manages to mix intriguing horror scenarios with believable character development and softcore erotica, which is what makes it IMO. Occasionally I feel it edges towards being soapy, but I hope it won't go too far in that direction, especially not with the Eric-Bill-Sookie love triangle which holds a lot of soap potential.
  • ChillmarshChillmarsh Mid20s Mutant Ninjaturtle Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Used to be Futurama obsessive. I'm glued to animated sitcoms but am trying to get into more... non-animated sitcoms. Big Bang Theory is fine (doesn't irk me that it mocks folks such as myself), and (Bleep) My Dad Says has Bill ****, anyway.
    edited January 2011
    Pillars of the Earth, the miniseries based on Follett's books. Just like every piece on English history in this period it fails to grasp the social complexities and portrays England as a unitary and remarkably egalitarian society where nobility and commoners interact with each other freely. We're just three generations after William the Conqueror and England was ruled by a foreign French-speaking warrior aristocracy who did not think much of their Anglo-Saxon subjects, they would not even be able to communicate with each other nor would they be very much inclined to. I'm by no means a stickler for historical accuracy - I enjoyed Braveheart - but it seems like such a missed opportunity not to make use of something like this.

Apart from this very personal nitpick the series tells a good story with well-rounded characters and interesting themes. Picking this up should be a no brainer if you liked Rome, The Tudors and similar series.
  • GrimHoutenGrimHouten Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    the only two series i follow are, How I met your mother, my favorite comedy series, with Two and a half, every episode is funny, and so far it never dissapointed me, and all the charcters are really nice and funny(ha barney never cease to amase me xD), you cant hate them xD
    and now following Warehouse 13, really good sci-fi series.
    --I apologize for the crappy english, still learning
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Tell me somebody here watches spartacus, aka the greatest show of all time. The season finale for gods of the arena was eeeepiiiiic.
    sup?
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Watchet Spartacus, but Rome is slightly better, or rather, I like Rome more.

I don't watch many TV series anymore. I watch Son's of Anarchy now and then, but I have missed a few episodes.

Other shows I watch if they are on and I have nothing better to do.
    How I met your mother
    Big Bang Theory

But as I said, I probably watch one episode per week.
  • KadianKadian Midgar's Dark Angel Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Survivor, The Simpsons, Hell's Kitchen and Family Guy
  • Hero Killer IdHero Killer Id Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Far to many to list and keep up with some of my current favorites though include The Good Wife, Big Bang Theory, and House.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    The Chicago Code is quite enjoyable. Harry's Law is slowly growing on me. It's okay.

I can't wait until Mythbusters starts up again....
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Stumbled across an excellent new sci-fi series at random... and it's completely free for viewing. The whole thing is funded by donations, so the production value isn't what you can expect from a typical cable network series, but the story is compelling. See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UCBk6LTmNY
    edited May 2011
    Game of Thrones is the business. Anyone else watching?
    sup?
    edited May 2011
    Been wanting to watch Spartacus for a looong time but I haven't yet since I've been waiting for the bluray. I'm also really eager to see The Borgias and Game of Thrones (enjoyed the books), but I don't have the TV channels and I don't care much for seeing just one episode a week at a specific time, or on some low quality stream. I guess there will be a good while until either of those shows are available on bluray.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Game of Thrones has been a great adaptation so far. I'm really looking forward to the Hand's Tourney. I've also developed a healthy appreciation for Daenerys's booty. Wakes my dragon.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited May 2011
    I'm also watching Game of Thrones. I think they have done a very good job with the show. Tyrion is as always my favorite character. Many of the actors nailed their character roles. It gets better and better with each episode.
    edited May 2011
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Game of Thrones has been a great adaptation so far. I'm really looking forward to the Hand's Tourney. I've also developed a healthy appreciation for Daenerys's booty. Wakes my dragon.

Haha a fellow booty enthusiast. Yeah the first episode where dany goes full nude and walks in the tub. My god is her booty awesome. Perfect body shape imo. The actress is just gorgeous.

On a side note, both seasons of spartacus are on netflix instant watch so i highly recommend those.

On yet another note, i just finished watching the entire Lost series on netflix instant. Never caught the show when it aired but man it was damned good. Highly recommended. Jin su kwon ftw!
    sup?
    edited May 2011
    Maudren wrote: »
    Haha a fellow booty enthusiast. Yeah the first episode where dany goes full nude and walks in the tub. My god is her booty awesome. Perfect body shape imo. The actress is just gorgeous.

On a side note, both seasons of spartacus are on netflix instant watch so i highly recommend those.

On yet another note, i just finished watching the entire Lost series on netflix instant. Never caught the show when it aired but man it was damned good. Highly recommended. Jin su kwon ftw!

Lost is God. Spartacus is God after the first couple episodes, that one really blossomed. A Game of Thrones is absurdly good, if only The Legend of the Seeker was as amazing as this one is so far I would have been in heaven.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited May 2011
    Game of Thrones is my highest priority show right now (at least until Burn Notice comes back! Even then they'll be neck-and-neck). The casting, the adaptation, the sets, locales, and props have all been more than I could have asked for.

I'm also watching Camelot which has had its good and bad points about it. The tug of war between traditional Arthurian legend and re-imagining of Arthurian legend seems to have conceded a huge stretch of rope to the re-imagining side, and this can be taken as good or bad. I do like Joseph Fiennes's Merlin and his struggle trying to control his powers / resist temptation. Their take on the Lady of the Lake and Excalibur was okay, it was at least a fresh take on Excalibur. I'm not so hot on how they've been doing Arthur and Guenevere's relationship, and how some random made-up character named Leontes was thrown in to make it a triangle. It needs to go somewhere within the next couple episodes now, though, or they'll run in danger of losing my interest.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
    edited May 2011
    Game of Thrones, just read the book again and watched the pilot. I can't believe how faithful it is to the book. Like, line by line so far. Super impressed, and Sean Bean was born to play Eddard.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    So Stargate: Universe is over... It didn't even end, but it's never going to continue. This sucks.

Why does the TV industry hate science fiction? It's easily the best sci-fi show I've seen since Firefly, but it still doesn't make it past two seasons. Arg, I'm just angry now.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    omegabyte wrote: »
    So Stargate: Universe is over... It didn't even end, but it's never going to continue. This sucks.

Why does the TV industry hate science fiction? It's easily the best sci-fi show I've seen since Firefly, but it still doesn't make it past two seasons. Arg, I'm just angry now.

I think it's because people got tired of it after SG-1 and Atlantis.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2011
    I think it's because people got tired of it after SG-1 and Atlantis.

I find that hard to believe. The show consistently had 1 million+ viewers. The numbers didn't dip below 1 million average until they announced it was cancelled, and even then, it had 800k viewers. I can't possibly believe that those are considered bad ratings.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited May 2011
    omegabyte wrote: »
    I find that hard to believe. The show consistently had 1 million+ viewers. The numbers didn't dip below 1 million average until they announced it was cancelled, and even then, it had 800k viewers. I can't possibly believe that those are considered bad ratings.

Hmm, good point. Maybe problems with getting the leads back?
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited May 2011
    Hmm, good point. Maybe problems with getting the leads back?

Show was cancelled by the network, not the producers. Also, it was cancelled halfway through Season 2 just after the final episodes had finished filming (which is why it didn't get a proper ending).

They were also planning on wrapping it up with a movie after that, but somehow that's fallen through :(

I'll hold out hope, though. The series ends with them
    Spoiler:
    going into hibernation for 3 years
    so maybe they can pick the series up a few years down the road. Or do a movie a few years down the road. It took a few years for them to make Serenity, after all.
    edited May 2011
    Maudren wrote: »
    Thicker'n peanut buttah inna freezer yo!:wink: Disappointed we didn't get to the melee this week but damn, Sam Tarly's neckbeard was pimptastic.
    edited June 2011
    Let's see if I can't divert attention from the double post by linking this awesome (NSFW)(TV Show Spoilers) Game of Thrones Parody.:whistling:
  • moroii1moroii1 Awww... how cute! Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I'm currently watching Psych. That's it :D
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Just got done watching True Blood S3 - it was as big an improvement over S2, as S2 was over S1. I'd really love to see a spin-off series that followed either Jason or Lafayette - Sookie is boring as s@$#.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!