If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XI Breaks Even

Joseph WithamJoseph Witham MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Hopefully this also means North America has better chances of receiving this awesome online game.

Comments

• Cloud Strife 7Cloud Strife 7 Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well I hope that is the case.
    I'm sure they want to increase they're profits as much as they can. So I don't really see why they wouldn't, seeing as how they won't be losing any money, having broke even.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I don't care how successful the game gets, I won't be purchasing it. It could end up with a suscriber base of 50,000,000 users and I still would be ininterested.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • CastomelCastomel Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    You're the winner... It's not like Square is sounding these numbers around to gain your affection. It's more likely that they're worried about their shareholders than whiny gamers who arbitrarily decide not to play games just because it happens to be the cool thing to do (If you have a real reason I'd like to hear it, since I haven't really seen any information on FFXI that makes it look like something to be avoided like the plague. Apologies in advance if the reason is purely financial or whatever, but your post there sounds pretty much like you're just holier-than-thouing it into the dirt).
    Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!