If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    I have re-discovered Morrowind in a big way. A couple dozen new mods later and I'm once again hooked on the game. So much fun, so much to explore and do.

I should get back to Suikoden III one of these days... but Morrowind calls.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited August 2007
    I wish I could play Suikoden 3, damn you Konami.

Playing Oblivion, far more then what I should be.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited August 2007
    I just got my hands on Fire Emblem 7. Since I'm still in Lyn's story, the chellenge has yet to kick in, but it shouldn't be too much long now as I'm currently on Chapter 7x.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Shponglefan @ Aug. 18 2007,01:36)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I have re-discovered Morrowind in a big way. A couple dozen new mods later and I'm once again hooked on the game. So much fun, so much to explore and do.

I should get back to Suikoden III one of these days... but Morrowind calls.</div>
    C..couple dozen! wow.gif
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Aug. 18 2007,16:44)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">C..couple dozen! wow.gif</div>
    What? ?It's a drop in the bucket (I have over 100 installed total). ?Heck, some people have two to three hundred installed. ?There are so many great mods for that game. biggrin.gif

edited August 2007
    I guess I never had the patience to get so many. Then again, I could probably do with them. I actually played Oblivion first, so there are a lot of things I'd like to see changed in Morrowind. Maybe I'll try that out soon.
    edited August 2007
    I find that mods are almost addictive. ?They just add so much to the game. ?Most of the mods I use are designed to either improve the graphics (there are lots of much-much better texture and model packs out there) or add life to the world. ?Just all sorts of little touches that make the game much more immersive and enjoyable.

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Persona 3, and it's the first console game I'm playing this summer.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Played a bit of Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror today. I played some earlier iterations of Syphon Filter on the PS, and I remember them being more shooter than anything else.

Thankfully, so far this game seems to be focused on stealth; it's a good thing, too, because given the PSP's lack of a second analog nub, a straight up over-the-shoulder shooter would be hard to beat, especially for a crappy player like me.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • FafnirFafnir Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Screw Atelier Iris 3, seriously. My copy of Personna 3 arrived, so I'll play that. My girlfriend also recently bought me Nocturne, so I'll alternate between the two.
  • AethelredAethelred Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited August 2007
    I've recently cracked open Valkyrie Profile 2 while I'm waiting for Bioshock.

Then the world around me will cease to exist for the duration of my play time.
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Aethelred @ Aug. 19 2007,16:03)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.</div>
    What a bar from a popular television series in the late 90's early 00's has to do with video games, I don't know. wink.gif
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Jeffrey @ Aug. 19 2007,13:54)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Played a bit of Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror today. I played some earlier iterations of Syphon Filter on the PS, and I remember them being more shooter than anything else.

Thankfully, so far this game seems to be focused on stealth; it's a good thing, too, because given the PSP's lack of a second analog nub, a straight up over-the-shoulder shooter would be hard to beat, especially for a crappy player like me.</div>
    It's great isn't it? I think it must be my favorite game on the PSP thus far. Can't wait for Logan's Shadow.

And yeah, I also love going stealth and getting kills in with my darts, silenced guns, or my good old knife. I just love having the option to choose whether you can go stealth or just blow $#!^ up with some of the missions.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Aug. 19 2007,15:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Aethelred @ Aug. 19 2007,16:03)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.</div>
    What a bar from a popular television series in the late 90's early 00's has to do with video games, I don't know. wink.gif</div>
    Aeth loves him some Charmed, Dude. Lay off him, alright?

Persona 3 is the Charmed of video games. lol.
    edited August 2007
    I don't get it.
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Aethelred @ Aug. 19 2007,22:10)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I don't get it.</div>
    Charmed was one of the supernatural shows like Angel and Duffy. One of the sisters owned a bar named P3, since the three original sisters' first names all start "p".
    edited August 2007
    Ah. Wasn't that the show with the nasty fitch from 90210? Pretty sure I never watched that.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Finally finished up Resistance: Fall of Man, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna play. ?Might give Star Ocean III a whirl.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Persona 3.

Best RPG so far this year, maybe except Odin Sphere, but hey I'm only like in in the end of June, and that's not even a third of the game.

Then I read the totally of what version FES has, and realized we all got buttshafted. sad.gif
  • StrainStrain Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    I'm totally with you, MeoTwister5. I love the P3. I never thought high school could be so much fun. A bit too much ramen for my liking, though.
    edited August 2007
    Played some La Pucelle last night, and I really enjoyed it (again).

I also tried Luminous Arc, and it makes me cry. The story is good, the characters are amusing...but the touch screen controls suck, and if you're going to make a DS SRPG, you need to get those stinking touch screen controls down. This especially stinks because FFTA2 isn't going to have the option of touch screen controls.

Played Etrian Odyssey for about 15 minutes before bed, also. No progress to speak of.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Recently completed Rogue Galaxy. In terms of gameplay, character development (story-wise, and stat-wise), & the setting, I felt the game to be satisfying. The story as a whole was a little "meh...". That's not to say it wasn't entertaining at all, but there were often too many times where the game was riddled with tasteless jRPG-story cliches. tounge2.gif One thing that was cool, especially for a PS2 game, was the seamless entering of towns and dungeons and the lack of load times.

Starting up Odin Sphere today and finding it to be swoon-worthy. I'll also probably be playing Bioshock later tonight.
    edited August 2007
    I'm still, slowly, making my way through FE7 on Chapter 18 with Eliwood's story.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Strain @ Aug. 21 2007,15:47)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'm totally with you, MeoTwister5. I love the P3. I never thought high school could be so much fun. A bit too much ramen for my liking, though.</div>
    You sir speaketh wisdom.
  • TLRTLR New Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Breath of Fire III.

Been at it all day trying to get back to where I was in the PSX version.

Makes me wonder why I sold all my good psx games.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Kingdom hearts 2, normal mode.

You will be mine, secret ending!
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited August 2007
    Rune factory came in 2 days early so... (Thank you exprees delivery, I wonder if I'm one of the first people in Australia not counting magazines to have a copy?)
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited August 2007
    <div>
    (Tigron111 @ Aug. 22 2007,07:19)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Kingdom hearts 2, normal mode.

You will be mine, secret ending!</div>
    How contradictable.. it's about 10 times faster to get the secret ending on hard mode, seeing as all you have to do is to finish the game. tounge2.gif
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I fell into that trap, too. Spent hours trying to complete everything, and I still haven't finished three tasks. Just YouTube the dang thing.

I'm getting ready to crack into my fresh copy of Jeanne D'Arc. When I walked into the game store, the girl at the counter took one look at me and said, "I've got your game ready!" That's kinda sad...