If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited September 2007
    So I now remember why Tales of the Abyss is my favorite game. That final battle is freakin epic as hell. I decided to play the final battle on Very Hard for an extra GRADE boost, but I wasn't sure I'd have enough for an Unknown run with the things I wanted. Lo and behold, I had about 8000 GRADE for my next playthrough. Happy days.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm playing Baten Kaitos: Origon to see how many times I get stuck on the bosses in that nearly impossible game if you choose not to over level.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I played a little Dual Sympathy. And a little animal crossing during our tropical storm. ... which it was raining in that game too. Go freaking figure. Heh. Nothing like mindless fun when your trying to stay awake.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Still working on Odin Sphere, but took a break to play Bioshock.
    edited September 2007
    I think I'll start Odin Sphere tomorrow actually!

And I have to wait till November when i go to the boyfriend's to try and play bioshock.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Soren you'll definitely like it. I'm loving it a lot. ^^
    edited September 2007
    My boyfriend got it for me when I went to Utah and work at all my jobs ate me. Its finally slowing down (And i think I'm getting ready to quit one) So I'll have more time for my gaming habit again. He absolutely adored it. And i think I fell in love with it watching his brother play it, then he played it some before I left.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Today it's Rogue Galaxy, which is fun if you like to grind levels and stuff.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • Gazette-xDGazette-xD New Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Valkyrie Profile Silmeria for today smile.gif
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I near beat Chapter 23 in Fire Emblem 7... right until one of the bosses axed my pregasus knight. ...Oh well... I just have to be more careful.
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Currently on vacation, so I've been playing my DS a lot. ?Beat Final Fantasy II, so now I'm onto FF VI.

But when I get back home, it's back to Morrowind.

• Options
    edited September 2007
    I picked up Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja a little over a month ago, with the exception of just a dash of Phoenix Wright and Touch Detective, it's been a pretty exclusive relationship.

I've been running thru Fuuka and Kagen's Dungeons today, tracking down the items needed to power up my Equipment. I had a really good run thru Kagen's Dungeon, bagging (4) Fukusei Talismans, (2) high level Zoufuku, and a couple of those oh so precious Burn-In Flames.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    WoW and Pokemon. I have decided that I'll start saving for a DS when I evolve every pokemon I can to its final form and get the eggs that I still don't have yet.

Except for happiness evolutions. Without berries, it's a tad tough...
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Oy, still chugging through Odin Sphere. Framerate...makes...bosses...painful.
    edited September 2007
    Kay. So. I started Odin Sphere tonight. Absolutely adore it. Its love. YAY!
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I've been finishing up getting all the extras in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. I've got all the Rank 4 stuff and now I'm getting all the hidden evidence. I'm not going near online play though.

Few weeks away from Logan's Shadow! That's gonna rawk. \m/
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Doing the typical 4 towers in Wild Arms 5, which has apparently become a plot mainstay.

And for the first time in the game I'm actually getting a challenge.

I'm also near the end of my second romp through Tartarus....

I may even play Persona 3 a third time after that...

My addiction for Persona 3 is approaching that a pathological disease.... devil.gif

• lost_keeperlost_keeper Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    2nd playthrough for both FM3 and Persona 3, plus Alpha 3 Max on the side.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (dorian @ Sep. 13 2007,23:00)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I've been finishing up getting all the extras in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. ?I've got all the Rank 4 stuff and now I'm getting all the hidden evidence. ?I'm not going near online play though.

Few weeks away from Logan's Shadow! ?That's gonna rawk. \m/</div>
    Mmm, I'll be picking up SF:DM again after the holidays/after I finish Disgaea: AoD. And I've already pre-ordered Logan's Shadow. It's going to be so much awesome.

Anyway, I'm almost done with Jeanne D'Arc. I think my highest leveled character, Jean, is at level 63 or 64.

I played a GBA game last night that I had bought a while back and only played for a little bit. It's called Scurge: Hive. Pretty neat little game. I actually found myself comparing it to Alien Syndrome, only, you know, good. If you're looking for a portable shooter-RPG, I'd say go with Scurge: Hive.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Working on Persona 3. Despite the shock I got in the beginning cutscene (no subtitles), its been good to me so far. I have my bf on hand to do translations should any verbal cutscenes make an appearance!

Its quite addictive, I might even have to do another run through to get everything, despite the fact I am only on May...
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    WILD ARMS 4 WILD ARMS 4 WILD ARMS 4!!

Freaking AWESOME game!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Been playing through Final Fantasy Tactics over the last week or so for like the umpteenth time. It's fun, even if it lacks anything resembling a challenge. Even those infamous Riovanes battles can be manhandled with ease if you go in prepared. But it's a classic, a nostalgic vessel to return me to my high school days, and that kind of thing overwrites criticism for most people. Myself included. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    my playing list.
    suikoden 1-5
    .hack part 1-4
    .hack/gu vol. 1-3
    xenosaga vol. 1-3
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (ladystarlight @ Sep. 16 2007,21:42)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">my playing list.
    suikoden 1-5
    .hack part 1-4
    .hack/gu vol. 1-3
    xenosaga vol. 1-3</div>
    ALL AT ONCE TODAY???!!!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Divine Divinity. A nice little Diablo clone that actually makes an effort to be a roleplaying game as opposed to just a mouse-clicking simulator.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Hopefully getting back on the Persona 3 wagon today after a week or so of not having time. Also, I have close to 200 turns to play in Kingdom of Loathing so that's on the menu as well tonight. I really need to get my weekends back as not having them free is really crimping my style.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Yet again, starting up a new game on Oblivion, which has been the most enjoyable so far for me. Stealth bows are so much fun! The leveled creatures mod, or whatever it's called, is really working out so far. It's terribly refreshing to find random quests that I didn't find before.

Also, started up yet another playthrough for Golden Sun, which I'll be following up immediately by a Lost Age run. Still chugging through Brave Story too. It got a huge boost in fun after Meladee joined the party.
    edited September 2007
    Golden Sun is sick... love those games.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Once again, Dragon Quest VIII. Because I can't seem to play a console RPG without it making me want to play this again.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited September 2007
    That game was so long and boring, Jeff.. I don't know why that'd be your `Go To Game`... But you did like Brave Story... So your tolerance for crap must be megahigh...

Heh.