If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited September 2007
    Mother 3!!! I just got the game two days ago in the mail (I ordered it from Play-Asia). Even though I need a translation guide to understand what the heck people are saying, it is just too awesome! I haven't been able to put it down! ^_^
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (Strawberry Eggs @ Sep. 27 2007,18:31)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Mother 3!!! I just got the game two days ago in the mail (I ordered it from Play-Asia). Even though I need a translation guide to understand what the heck people are saying, it is just too awesome! I haven't been able to put it down! ^_^</div>
    Nice. I'd rank that as one of my top game purchases I've gotten for the DS. It's got the right amount of quirkiness and mood. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

For me, I'm replaying Tales of Destiny 2 for the PSP. It's not so bad as I thought it'd be this time around, and after getting the Grade Point increase I've been getting lots of grade whereas before I'd get a lot of negatives. I still don't like Roni or much of the art, though....
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I just finished up .Hack GU Redemption... wow. What an awesome game, and the storyline of this series was actually coherent. Now im off to finish up Wild Arms 4 so I can play the 5th one and then move on to Growlanser Heritage of War
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • ZenitramZenitram New Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Currently playing Pokemon Diamond and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I need to get back to FFVI Advance though.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I started playing Jeanne D'Arc a few days ago. I'm now mental stuck within fantasy France during the 1430s. That's pretty much all I need to say about that.

Meanwhile, I've finally progressed in Fire Emblem 7, and now I get to tackel Ch. 24 of Eliwood's story (read: die several times before getting it right).

....Oh.... I'm suppose to try playing Tales of Symphonia... I seriously want to kill whoever thought this game didn't need any sort of tutorial...
  • k-hosk-hos Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Where are you stuck? (in Symphonia)
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited September 2007
    The beginning. I just booted it up... and within an hour, I'm dead. I have abosutely no idea what I am suppose to be doing. I'm having to figure out the controls and mechanics on my own, since I've never touched a Tales before (or few action RPGs, really) and there's no real demo to show me how to do things. ....Their idea of a tutorial is screaming out, "And then you do Tech Attack." ...Yeah... what? I'm currectly poking around guides on the internet to gather up the controls.
  • k-hosk-hos Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    My game cube is fried so ill try to remember:

A: is your regular attack, it changes depending on what direction you hold when you press A.

B: is tech. there are 5 directional slots to put moves in depending on what you hit (Like up+B) you will do that tech.

C: can be set just like B.

X: (I think) is block. If you press X and back you will jump backwards.

Y: menu? I don?t remember.

Start+Z switch player.

R: think it switches the selected enemy.

L: I don?t remember.

And after you get out of the temple right net to the town (on the other side then the temple) there is a forest go in there.

Sorry for the lame explanation. sad.gif
  • lordyuanshulordyuanshu Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Getting close to finishing Wild ARMs 5, and I'm finally close to Haschen's quest in Growlanser. Stupid Fanille and her fairy catching...
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Finally beat Fatal Frame III, after putting that game off for the past few months. The end boss is a royal pain-in-the-a$$. But I finally whooped her butt.

Now back to Suikoden III...
  • avsavs Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Only actual RPG I've been playing the last week or so has been Diablo 2, Lord of Destruction. I'm thinking about popping an older RPG in the PSX and going through again.

The current rpgs I feel like replaying...

1. Suikoden 1 or 2
    2. Xenogears
    3. Star Ocean 2

IDK which to play, any suggestions?
    edited September 2007
    Beat wild Arms 4 (can't possibly understand why people don't like that one, it was the best in the series so far to me)

Started Wild Arms 5... atrotious graphics but its fun enough, pretty much the same gameplay as the last one so far... bummed out there is no double jump :-(
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I am playing Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, currently on Battle 32 (Crying Mountains 1st Time), about 15 hours in. You have to love Gig.
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (avs @ Sep. 30 2007,06:47)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Only actual RPG I've been playing the last week or so has been Diablo 2, Lord of Destruction. I'm thinking about popping an older RPG in the PSX and going through again.

The current rpgs I feel like replaying...

1. Suikoden 1 or 2
    2. Xenogears
    3. Star Ocean 2

IDK which to play, any suggestions?</div>
    dunno about number 1, but I've always had fun replaying SO2, since you can increase the difficulty, hook up with a different character, etc. I've only replayed Xenogears once or twice and it's always been with a long gap in between. Not that it's bad or anything, just that the battles were always boring for me, and the inability to change the text speed made things more drawn out than it needed to be. Definitely worth going back over though.

Another thing to consider is if you have a PSP and you're planning to get second evolution, you should definitely hold off until that comes out. not sure of dates, though....

• FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Suikoden II. Hands down best RPG on the PSX.
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (avs @ Sep. 30 2007,06:47)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The current rpgs I feel like replaying...

1. Suikoden 1 or 2
    2. Xenogears
    3. Star Ocean 2

IDK which to play, any suggestions?</div>
    SO2 probably has the most variability in terms of replayability, but on the other hand, the Suikoden games are the funnest.
  • lordyuanshulordyuanshu Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Suikoden 2 is my favorite game ever. So much fun blazing through under 20 hours, saving Nanami and getting all the Clive / Elza stuff done. And with 50+ battles characters, Suiko games define replayability.

• PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    In a way, choosing any of the aforementioned games results in a winner. However, in a more accurate way, choosing Suikoden II results in the winner. ;)

XG would be my second choice on that list, but then, it's not me who's playing those games, now is it? SO2 was the "best terrible game" I've ever played, in that it did so many things horribly, horribly wrong, and yet the up-sides were so enjoyable it was easy enough to ignore the more agitating elements. Most of the time.

Anyway, on my plate at the moment is Half-Life 2. The first gunless, actionless hour is just too awesome. Probably one of the most effective atmospheric "prologues" I can recall. Those fractal bursts of static communication from the shock troops are just too eerie and cool. :D
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Mmmm, Suikoden 2...

But I'm not playing that today. Instead, I'm grinding through <span class="spoiler">Ghost Ship Extreme (I think that's what they call it)</span> in Rogue Galaxy for the second time. Why? God help me, I don't know.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Playing Achaea, the online text RPG. Who needs graphics when you can have ridiclously unbalanced textual combat. Now with more players who speak in grammatical errors.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    In the PS2: Dragon Quest VIII. I just completed the section with Ishmahri, Pavan, and Sasha. I'm a little over 20 hours in now, and loving it just as much as the first time.

In the DS: Etrian Odyssey. I finally made it past B12F; B13F presented no difficulty, and now I'm exploring B14F. Most of my main players are in the 40s level-wise.

In the GBA slot on my DS: Metroid Zero Mission. Soooo much fun. Played for about 2 hours, and I'm in Kraid.

In the PSP: Monster Hunter Freedom 2. I just killed my first wyvern this weekend! It only took me 20 minutes to kill the Yian Kut-Ku. I used a full set of Battle Mail and the Sword and Shield Velocidrome Bite. I realize that probably means nothing to you guys, since you probably don't play Monster Hunter, but I'm not really concerned with that.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2007
    Blue Dragon
    Jeanne d'Arc

Getting Phantom Hourglass today.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited October 2007
    Mmmmmmm... Suikoden....

Decoided to finally pick up Xenosaga and finish it... I have the subsequent two games and have yet to open them... I have problems.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Surprisingly enough, I forced myself to start up Dragon Quest VIII again, and I'm actually getting somewhere! It's actually a lot of fun so far, and I appreciate a lot of the same sound effects being used from the older games. Also, Jessica is helping. inlove.gif
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Oct. 02 2007,10:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Decoided to finally pick up Xenosaga and finish it... I have the subsequent two games and have yet to open them... I have problems.</div>
    That's nothing. I have all three games and have yet to even play them period!
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow. It takes the full package of awesomeness found in SF:DM and cranks it up to 11. Sneaking up behind people, grabbing them, then using them as a human shield before stabbing them in the neck is amazingly fun.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • SuikojinSuikojin Danger Zone! Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Heros of Mana for me right now. I have been putting off playing it for a fairly long while.
    Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (Shponglefan @ Oct. 03 2007,22:02)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Oct. 02 2007,10:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Decoided to finally pick up Xenosaga and finish it... I have the subsequent two games and have yet to open them... I have problems.</div>
    That's nothing. I have all three games and have yet to even play them period!</div>
    Hah hah... so I tired to pick up the first episode and finish it but its been like two years so I can't remember what is happening... I started over yesterday. Time for a hell of a lot of watchi... err.. playing games over the next few weeks.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2007
    If I ever had to start over Xenosaga because I forgot the story, I would just give up and never try to play it ever again.

Oh wait, that just happened like 2 weeks ago.
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Oct. 04 2007,15:37)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Hah hah... so I tired to pick up the first episode and finish it but its been like two years so I can't remember what is happening... I started over yesterday. Time for a hell of a lot of watchi... err.. playing games over the next few weeks.</div>
    So you're saying don't stop playing the game once you start. ?Noted for whenever I get around to playing the game.