If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

1103104105106107109»

Comments

• Cerpin TaxtCerpin Taxt Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I don't know why I'm finding myself replaying Viewtiful Joe.
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (shoptroll @ Oct. 12 2007,07:29)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Well the game was intended as an Action RPG... ?I haven't started Vagrant Story yet but I thought it used something similar?

Just learn the enemy attacks and dodging should be pretty cake. ?It does take some getting used to. ?But the game is a lot easier on EX mode since you should be able to one hit kill most of the standard enemies with your best weapon for the first couple of days in the game. ?Main thing is just keeping your distance from the enemies and if you need some extra speed in dodging, Haste will help you there, it's very handy for some of the later bosses. ?

Like every other action game though, if you stop moving you're as good as dead.</div>
    Well I just played the warehouse level and it seemed even with moving I was as good as dead. If it wasn't for the fact that I am using ePSXe and can autosave/load at will (which I did plenty), I probably would have slit my wrists playing that part of this game. It actually reminds me of those old arcade games where you would get slaughtered no matter what you did.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Today, it's Odin Sphere. It's just like a puppet show! A puppet show with save points!
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
    edited October 2007
    Finished Parasite Eve. Stupidly, I hit the wrong button when it asked me to save after credits. Good thing I had a quick save on the last boss, so I'll have to replay that again if I want to save so I can play in EX mode.

Which... I don't think I'll do yet. It was an alright game overall, but I think it either hasn't aged well or the combat/gameplay just wasn't that hot to begin with. Still, for a relatively short game (<9 hours) it was alright and had a decent, modern day sci-fi story which is something you don't see too much of.

Now to figure out what to play next...
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I completed Ch 26 of FE7, and now I am trying to tackle the sidequest.

Meanwhile, I returned my used Wii to get a new one (a decent upgrade for $20, since now I have Wii Sports). I've already started to fill out my Mii empire with anime character, such as L and Naruto.
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Moved on from Pokemon Sapphire and have now moved back in with Golden Sun...I'll beat that <span class="spoiler">fusion dragon final boss </span>one day! I know I will, even if I didn't get the last water dijinn!
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited October 2007
    More Portal on my PC tonight. Followed by Kingdom of Loathing.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited October 2007
    Decided to play a tactical RPG for a change and settled on Growlanser II. I like the quasi-realtime battle system and fact that it's not grid based (nothing against grid based games, but this is better).

Of course, I also haven't seen this much homosexual subtext since watching Top Gun.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Bought Paper Mario and played it a bit. I have yet to make my mind up about it though.

Been playing Flyff as of late. Damn addictive MMORPG, damn it.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    I took a crack at a wyvern I'd never fought before in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 last night. ?Name of Khezu, looks like male genitalia with wings. ?

Khezu.gif

Anyway, I'm fighting this thing for 30 minutes. ?Apparently, I was underprepared. ?I didn't bring enough Hot Drinks to keep warm, so my stamina kept dropping; I didn't bring enough steaks to keep my stamina up. ?Despite all that, I almost beat the disgusting thing; he had retreated to his cave and was raging out, attacking all over the place, shooting lightning, etc. ?

I died. ?I'm trying again today, with a fire-based weapon; I'm going to concentrate my attacks on the head and neck, which are apparently its weak points, and avoid hitting the legs, wings, and tail.

Edit: Five epic, 40-minute battles later, Khezu is dead.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • gaborsviatkogaborsviatko New Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Revisiting Panzer Dragoon Saga!!!smile.gif
  • eXaXeXaX Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Actually I just finished Atelier Iris 2 a couple of hours ago which is a bit ironic since I haven't finished the first one.
    I really liked that game for some reason, even though the story and characters were somewhat clich?d and typical I liked them (especially Fee). I really loved the alchemy system in AI2 and I've read that the alchemy system is better in the first one so I'm somewhat excited to check that out.

But eh, back on track. Since I just finished AI2 I'm having a slight problem choosing the next one to play. It's either Star Ocean: Till the end of time, Valkyrie Profile 2 or Disgaea:Hour of darkness. (Man, I feel ashamed in the fact that I haven't played those games)

And uh, on topic, I've been playing Blue Dragon as of late. Haven't progressed as far as I would've liked but no matter. I'll finish him sometimes before 2009 if I'm good.

Also I just registered a couple of minutes ago so .. Hi .
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited October 2007
    playing bioshock again. The game has single handedly reinvigorated my interest in the FPS genre so im having a good time.

EDIT: and since this thread is in the RPG section, after all, I'll add Wizardry 8 to that as I was playing it but a few moments ago. One of the best games I had never heard of before.

• doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (The Doomhammer @ Oct. 20 2007,10:25)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">EDIT: and since this thread is in the RPG section, after all, I'll add Wizardry 8 to that as I was playing it but a few moments ago. One of the best games I had never heard of before.</div>
    Say, I've always been meaning to ask: why exactly is this thread in the RPG section? The question is broad enough to have in the Misc. Gaming section...
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Good question.
    edited October 2007
    <div>
    (dorian @ Oct. 20 2007,10:46)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (The Doomhammer @ Oct. 20 2007,10:25)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">EDIT: and since this thread is in the RPG section, after all, I'll add Wizardry 8 to that as I was playing it but a few moments ago. One of the best games I had never heard of before.</div>
    Say, I've always been meaning to ask: why exactly is this thread in the RPG section? The question is broad enough to have in the Misc. Gaming section...</div>
    I asked Dracos, and he said this thread predates this forum. It must have been put here by accident in one of the forum re-shufflings. Out of respect for tradition, here it stays. But feel free to continue to discuss non-RPGs in this thread.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of non-RPG entries, and made a few myself.

Moving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited October 2007
    Moving back! Do not cross me, or I will strike you down with my anger, and my journey to the dark side will be complete! tounge2.gif