The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I was playing Fire Emblem:the sacred stones, but then I got Castlevania DS,...
    Must...get...100%...everything....
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Played Super Mario Bros. 3(All Stars), EarthBound, Wild ARMs ACF, and Fatal Frame III to varying degrees over the last couple days.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Just picked up Castlevania Double Pack (For some reason, I never picked up Aria of Sorrow before...), and having Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance on one pak really shows just how inferior Harmony is. It's almost painful to go to that game after playing Aria...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • First FrogFirst Frog Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Fire Emblem...must not let characters die.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Wild Arms 4. I've realized that I've played 20 hours inyo it in just 2 days. smile8.png smile8.png smile8.png
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(FF Shinobi @ Jan. 19 2006,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I was playing Fire Emblem:the sacred stones, but then I got Castlevania DS,...
    Must...get...100%...everything....[/QUOTE]
    Takes about 25 hours.

Dracos
    got everything in that.
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Silent Hill 3.

Don't know why...just am.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Though I think the FPS genre is mostly dull, I cannot get enough of the Black demo I picked up at work. It's just... hypnotic.

In that same vein, Geist. Not as entrancing (not even close), and you can see where they gave up checking for bugs, but still a decent play for $10. And more Mario Kart DS.
  • LuciferLucifer New Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Dragon Quest VIII.
    edited January 2006
    After 3 whole days of nonstop playing and 24 hours, I have finished Wild Arms 4. I haven't played an RPG this engaging for the longest while.

However, thank you Sony for screwing the ending.

I now have nothing to do on my PS2, as I wait for Tales of Legendia and Grandia 3.

edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MeoTwister5 @ Jan. 21 2006,23:53)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"After 3 whole days of nonstop playing and 24 hours, I have finished Wild Arms 4. I haven't played an RPG this engaging for the longest while.

However, thank you Sony for screwing the ending.

I now have nothing to do on my PS2, as I wait for Tales of Legendia and Grandia 3.[/QUOTE]
    Hmmm.... I wonder how SCEI messed this one up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2006
    It's not really the ending in itself. It's more of the way Sony decided to give resolution to the individual main characters. It left me with a sense of depression and general pissed-off-ness.

"<span class="spoiler">Jude a forest ranger? Arnaud a chef? And why oh why did you let Raquel die off without something more goddammit?!?!?!</span>"
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I picked up EA's NCAA baseball game. Still playing around with it and getting used to everything, but I have to say the analog batting system they put in is wicked cool.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Davis @ Jan. 22 2006,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I picked up EA's NCAA baseball game. Still playing around with it and getting used to everything, but I have to say the analog batting system they put in is wicked cool.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I was thinking of picking it up too. What really irks me is there will not be MVP Baseball games anymore. I own 2005 and I think it's one of best baseball games I own.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Well, I've finally got my TV working again. Huzzah. So back to DQVIII I go.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Vampire Hunter V @ Jan. 22 2006,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Yeah I was thinking of picking it up too. What really irks me is there will not be MVP Baseball games anymore. I own 2005 and I think it's one of best baseball games I own.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, exclusivity sucks but the game's still worth a look, if only for all the WTF colleges that are in it.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Ys Book I & II

Such an amaing soundtrack...I had truly forgotten...
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Wild ARMs 4 still, and I'm thinking about putting this one away. The plot and characters are killing me. Two thoughts always come up whenever I play this game, and two thoughts only.

1) I have seen this before. Many times.
    2) Shut up already.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Your Inner ChildYour Inner Child Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Currently playing SMT: Nocturne... on Normal mode... normal mode or not, this game is HARD. Especially after playing Phantom Brave... this is like the opposite side of the spectrum compared to that game. LOTS of battles + fairly difficult bosses that tend to come out of nowhere = FRUSTRATION. It's a grrrreat game, just very frustrating, and unlike Phantom Brave that I would pretty much play all day, every day, I can only play this in spurts every day to keep myself from breaking things out of frustration. It's not that it's insanely difficult so far, it just makes me go "GRRRR".

Other than that... I'm planning to play Grandia 1 and 2 after this to get ready for Grandia 3.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I couldn't resist...I backtracked and played some FFX-2 for some reason.

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I've still yet to play that, but then, it's sitting on a shelf so, this summer perhaps. =)

Dracos
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Wild ARMs ACF, with a dash of EarthBound for color.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I just finished Dragon Quest VIII...well, the main part of the game anyway, clockin in at near at 120 hours...now I guess I will have to wait for Grandia III.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    An unholy amount of Super Smash Brothers Melee. I can't believe how addicting this game can be.

Jigglypuff owns your soul, by the way.
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Jan. 23 2006,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Wild ARMs 4 still, and I'm thinking about putting this one away. The plot and characters are killing me. Two thoughts always come up whenever I play this game, and two thoughts only.

2) Shut up already.[/QUOTE]
    Funny, I'm thinking the same thing about Tales of Symphonia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • armaganarmagan New Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Just finished Wild Arms 4
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MasterChief @ Jan. 25 2006,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Jan. 23 2006,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Wild ARMs 4 still, and I'm thinking about putting this one away. The plot and characters are killing me. Two thoughts always come up whenever I play this game, and two thoughts only.

2) Shut up already.[/QUOTE]
    Funny, I'm thinking the same thing about Tales of Symphonia.[/QUOTE]
    Heh, in a way, yeah. Plot-wise and when looking at the dialogue/VA's, I totally agree. What saved ToS was its battle system and its great soundtrack, otherwise I'd never have given it the grade I did.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Most of the Tales series gives me that feeling?a feeling of perpetual retread, infinitely walking the same steps, hearing the same dialogue, collecting the same spirits, etc. They're usually exciting and fun games to play, but the actual content is pretty transient.

I started a new game of Final Fantasy IX a few days ago, and I just landed on disc two. I can't count the amount of times I've beaten this game, and I never seem to get sick of it. Good times.
  • RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Just finished Arc the Lad: ToS--85 hours, so I guess I was dragging my feet a bit. I thought it was a pretty good game, even if the ending was a little open-ended. I started a new game +, simply because it was late and it was already in the machine. They give you some nice extras, but otherwise I can't really see any compelling reason for going at it again right away. I guess I'm going to have to look around for something else now...
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Finished Silent Hill. I'm going to start SH2 now, then SH3 and SH4. Easily one of my top 3 video game series of all time.

I've been listening to the SH3 OST for the whole week non stop heh.