The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Upon this island, two tribes eternally wage war to satisify a blood debt, leaving an ancient dungeon unguarded to be prayed upon by unnamed masters and their mercenary servants.

Dracos
    Teases about RPGeoprady, while playing games so old that their creators have forgotten working on them.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I'm in chapter 8 of Valkyrie Profile on hard mode. Just have to finish the Celestial Castle and the Palace of the Dragon, then on to the A ending.

Then I guess I'm playing Star Ocean 2 again...I'd like to get the strategy guide to make me actually finish it this time, but I can't find the darn thing for less than $50.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(knightofhyrule @ Jan. 28 2006,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I'm in chapter 8 of Valkyrie Profile on hard mode. Just have to finish the Celestial Castle and the Palace of the Dragon, then on to the A ending.

Then I guess I'm playing Star Ocean 2 again...I'd like to get the strategy guide to make me actually finish it this time, but I can't find the darn thing for less than $50.[/QUOTE]
    You might as well ask here. I've practically memorized that game. smile6.png
    edited January 2006
    It didn't help much last time....

edit: I was going to dig up the old Star Ocean help thread, but I can't imagine where it's gone to with all the forum changes.

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Mostly Silent Bomber(thanks Jowy!) along with some ACF.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MeoTwister5 @ Jan. 28 2006,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"You might as well ask here. I've practically memorized that game. smile6.png[/QUOTE]
    Hope you could help me then. I initially quit that game before due to the fact that the battle system and attribute (or whatever you call those things: the kitchen knife, cooking thingamajigs) system really drove me bonkers. I didn;'t know what the hell to pick. I was turned off the first time I played it, but now I'm contemplating starting it again.

OT: Starting some Magna Carta, dunno how far I'll get before I get to the brink of boredom though. Also, playing some Earthbound.
    edited January 2006
    The skills.

And really, it doesn't matter too much.

If you're smart, by end game, you've acquired all of them, with the possibly exception of the flip/jump/hoverthingee skill in the Cave of Trials.

in general though, best to check a faq if you're curious. SO2 was quite horrible in that area and, in many ways, SO3 wasn't that much better. Now, ToS on the other hand...

Dracos
    "After seeing this interface, I cannot envision going back to one that hides so much pertinent information..."
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Slayer of God @ Jan. 28 2006,08:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Mostly Silent Bomber(thanks Jowy!) along with some ACF.[/QUOTE]
    Where the hell did you get a copy of Silent Bomber?!?!
    edited January 2006
    Silent Bomber! ?I used to have that game. ?But....I don't now...what the heck did I do with it?

On an unrelated note, I finished Valkyrie profile last night. I took down all three bosses on Asgard Hill in three rounds each, and didn't lose a single character to any of them. ?I'm feeling pretty hardcore right now. ?smile6.png

• RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I picked up on an old save file I had for Shadow Hearts the other day, and I have to say, I'm liking it a lot more than I did when I stopped playing it a year or so ago. Of course, part of that could be that I just got out of China, and the issues I always had with malice alleviation are rendered a non-factor in Europe. But even ignoring that aspect of the game, I'm liking it more than I did before. The judgment ring is sometimes a pain in the bum, but it certainly does keep you on your toes a bit more than your standard turn-based battle affair. Some of the monster designs are pretty bad, but they do okay with the characters, and not every monster looks like crap.

I'm also looking forward to reuniting with Margarete--I love how her special moves are called in and delivered to her.

One thing I would like is a lot more flexibility in swapping out characters. They really lock you in on a group member choice way more than they should. At least, for my taste.

I may just have to take this one off my unfinished games list--I'm really getting into it this time around. smile1.png

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    You should, it's a nice game.

Haven't touched my consoles for a few days, might continue Path of Radiance today.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Slayer of God @ Jan. 28 2006,00:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Mostly Silent Bomber(thanks Jowy!) along with some ACF.[/QUOTE]
    ^_^ You're welcome! Glad you like it!

I'm going to be most likely unlocking more courses in Mario Kart DS, and in keeping with my latest Nintendo kick, perhaps finish up Luigi's Mansion, as well.
  • rpggameralrpggameral New Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    i've been playing xenogears for the past month or so its a great game and since im from the uk and it never came out over here i feel lucky to have it lol
    edited January 2006
    Ye are~

Dracos
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Threw in the Call of Duty 2 demo just for the heck of it today. Wow...that's actually pretty damn impressive, and I kind of hate FPS games.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Call of Duty 2 = GOTY 2K5.

Why? All through the British missions you hear your commander yell, "Davis! Do this!" "Davis! Go blow that up!" "Davis! Why are you so awesome?" "Davis! Please marry my hot sister!" It really added that extra layer of immersion for me.

I want my copy of Bleach DS so I can play it! I found out it had WiFi and I was sold like that. Also thinking about importing Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, anyone played that? It looks like crack set to awesome music.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• Faris KalinFaris Kalin Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Phoenix Wright.

I think I picked up the last copy within probably a 200 mile radius of my house a couple of weeks ago. It's really fun yelling "Objection"!
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Davis, Ouendan is the best import DS game.
  • Your Inner ChildYour Inner Child Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Gosh, I haven't played any console games since I got my laptop up and running again. I've been playing mainly Morrowind and Dungeon Siege on my laptop, but I really want to get back to SMT: Nocturne soon. (as soon as I get done painting my room, that is.)

I must say though, both Morrowind and Dungeon Siege have been much funner this time around than the last time I played em.
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Davis @ Jan. 29 2006,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Call of Duty 2 = GOTY 2K5.

Why? All through the British missions you hear your commander yell, "Davis! Do this!" "Davis! Go blow that up!" "Davis! Why are you so awesome?" "Davis! Please marry my hot sister!" It really added that extra layer of immersion for me.

I want my copy of Bleach DS so I can play it! I found out it had WiFi and I was sold like that. Also thinking about importing Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, anyone played that? It looks like crack set to awesome music.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis[/QUOTE]
    Ouedan?

You mean CHEERLEADERS SAVE THE EARTH don't you?

Dracos
    has never played the game but falls over laughing each time he sees it.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    No reason buying Ouendan!, but you should definitely get the soundtrack. smile6.png
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • weylunweylun Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I am going to start playing Radiata Stories tonight! lol I just joined gamefly.com and tried their trial period so I got the game.

I've been playing Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. Wow, this is my first Devil May Cry game and it's actually so COOL and quite hard. lol
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Jan. 30 2006,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"No reason buying Ouendan!, but you should definitely get the soundtrack. smile6.png[/QUOTE]
    Way ahead of ya, chief. smile10.png

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I started playing Suikoden Tactics today. It's not bad... so far. I'm only about an hour into it.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Devil May Cry.

I am shocked at my ability to have completed every secret mission thus far, especially the three Shadows one.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Custom Robo, and I just can't figure out why they have to battle each other in holosseums instead of just punching the guy next to you and calling it a day. Still, nice gameplay.

Getting all sorts of Mantras in DDS. It's cool that some enemies will change their attack patterns depending on what you have equipped.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Just started Wild Arms F, love it so far. Getting near the end in Kingdom of Paradise.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    Just bought a Cube and games from my friend. Started to play Twin Snakes, and it just doesn't have that "authentic" feel that the original MGS for the PS1 has. The more I'm playing through Twin Snakes, the more I want to start up MGS for the PS1.

Also decided to start up MGS2 Substance again. Definitely one of my all time favorite games.
    edited February 2006
    Yup, Twin Snakes is pretty much crap.

Star Ocean 2...on the Lacour continent, just got Bowman. I'm never going to finish this game. Usually I'm optimistic at this point...but no, not this time. It just isn't going to happen, and I have to accept that.

I read up on item creation a bit today. Customizing weapons is way too complicated, and the game doesn't do much to help you understand. Screw it, I say. And that attitude is probably why I won't finish it.
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Getting near the end in Kingdom of Paradise.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've got to commend you on that. I couldn't get past the first few hours of that game. I hated the controls, and everything seem so... generic.