The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2006
    More Oblivion. Funny how DQ8 had me burned out after 45 hours, but I'm already 132 hours into Oblivion and nowhere near done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • weylunweylun Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I finished Shadow Heart 3 and then rented Kingdom Heart 2. KH2 is REALLY good.

Then I played Monster Rancher EVO? What the hell is this game??? It took me 2 hours to figure out how to save and then I just couldn't stand the whole game. Garbage IMO.

I am playing the newest Onimusha now and then I'll play Suikoden 5.
  • UberPendragon*UberPendragon* New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I just beat Suikoden 5 for the PS2, great game I think I may start a topic to see if there are any other fans out there smile3.png
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I wish I could get past this sodding cinematic on FFVIII. I think my disc has a scratch. It's been a while since it's been played.
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Julius mode in DoS. Why did I never bother to unlock this until now?

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Julius mode is awesome, even moreso than Richter mode in SotN.

AI2 has been shipped, so I'm only playing a bit of Children of Mana while waiting for it.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Mostly Dragon Quest VIII with a small side-dish of Kingdom Hearts II.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited April 2006
    Already played Colosseum ealier (re-beat MT. Battle and this time SAVED my coupons to my Ruby game). A bit of Ruby. Later I'll hopefully play Riviera: The Promised Land and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Burned out near the end of Shadow Hearts III, started Wind Waker again, and gosh darn it, I think I'm going to try to play Vagrant Story (again for the umpteenth time). With a random smattering of Deus Ex and Gunstar Super Heroes. (Can you tell I'm indecisive?)

edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(XeroZohar @ Apr. 28 2006,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"(Can you tell I'm indecisive?)[/QUOTE]
    Let me help you with that.

*smashes Xero's copy of VS*
    *compensates Xero financially*

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Why smash his copy when you can make into a coaster? Then you wouldn't have to give him compensation.

Seriously, I think you're too hard on VS. There are those (believe it or not) who like the game. While I admit that it has its flaws (weapon forging and the battle system are both problematic at times), I think that the atmosphere and plot make the game well worth playing.

And yes, I know I'll never convert you to my point of view.

As for what I'm playing, I may play a bit of Tales of Phantasia before going to bed tonight. Or not. We'll see.
    edited April 2006
    Yeah, Vagrant Story is one of the few games where my irrational hatred overwhelms my law-abiding RPGamer-posting persona. Not sure why, though.

Look at this way, you could post at place where I act like that towards fifty percent or more of the games that come out. smile16.png

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited April 2006
    VS really is the one game people always either love or hate. I have yet to meet anyone who thinks it's just decent or average. I guess it's because it's so different. I loved it personally.
  • DuranteDurante Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I just started Digital Devil Saga after a bit of an RPG pause, and it rocks so far. The only bad thing is that now I have to finish it and it's sequel (I need to know how the awesome story plays out) before starting my most-looked-forward-to game of 2006, Atelier Iris 2. At least I already saw that it still has the japanese language option, which makes me happy smile1.png
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I found a copy of Rez the other day at gamestop. Couldn't believe they actually had a used copy of Rez. Now, I've been noticing at other places, they also have it used. This used to be a game where it averaged 70-80$ on ebay, now I guess everyone got sick of owning it and sold them. Now it averages maybe 30-40$ a pop. The game is great, but not many options/modes to do in this game.

Also playing Kartia for the first time, picked up a copy for cheap.
  • TriaTria Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Even though it is a Square-Enix game (Enix), this has been the only RPG I have played in the past 4 days. I had all week off from school, so I decided to go through Star Ocean: The Second Story once more (I have beaten it 6 times). This is easily my slowest play through I have ever done of Star Ocean 2, since I am taking my time. I am only passed the Field of Intelligence.

And with that said, the reason it is my slowest is because I usually beat the game in 20-25 hours. This time, I have been taking so much time doing random stuff that I have spent 75 hours on the game in the past 4 days. xD

And yeah...The last non-Square-Enix game I played was the original Shin Megami Tensei if I remember correctly.
    Recently Finished RPGs:

Resonance of Fate - 4.5/5
    Tales of Graces (Import) - 2/5
    Ys VII (Import) - 2.5/5
    Final Fantasy XIII - 3/5
    Nier - 1.5/5
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"This time, I have been taking so much time doing random stuff that I have spent 75 hours on the game in the past 4 days.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's quite a lot of Star Ocean. I don't know that I've ever spent so many hours with videogames in so short a timespan. Maybe when I was younger, but I doubt it. This week, I think I've played my GBA for about five minutes. That's it. It's just a few more weeks, however, till I go home for the summer and can play my consoles to my heart's content.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I just beat Kingdom Hearts 2. Nice finale, and hopefully there will be actual "<span class="spoiler">Keyblade Wars</span>" in the future, preferably with "<span class="spoiler">Riku and Kairi</span>" as my wingmen that time 'round.

Also, Lost Magic is a reminder that I suck at RTS games. Uphill battle ahoy!
  • JubeiJubei New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I finally beat FFX today. It took me about 1-2 weeks. I restarted it after giving up on my first play through which was 3 years ago. Now I have no idea what to play next.
  • TriaTria Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(keele864 @ Apr. 30 2006,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"This time, I have been taking so much time doing random stuff that I have spent 75 hours on the game in the past 4 days.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's quite a lot of Star Ocean. I don't know that I've ever spent so many hours with videogames in so short a timespan. Maybe when I was younger, but I doubt it. This week, I think I've played my GBA for about five minutes. That's it. It's just a few more weeks, however, till I go home for the summer and can play my consoles to my heart's content.[/QUOTE]
    If you get to know me, you will find out my obsession with tri-Ace games. Lets see here.

Star Ocean 1 - Over 1000 hours (all files combined)
    Star Ocean 2 - Over 1000 hours (All files combined)
    Star Ocean: Blue Sphere - 255 hours (the clock stops at 255)
    Star Ocean 3 - Over 1000 hours
    Valkyrie Profile - Over 300 hours
    Radiata - Over 500

So yeah, I have quite an obsession with tri-Ace titles. I am a huge Seiken Densetsu fan, of course, as my regular name online is Seiken_Densetsu (I am highly known at the NSider Forums' Epic Center (RPG) section).

But yeah, I did play a non-Square-Enix game today, even though it was just for a few seconds. The SFC Version of Tales of Phantasia (which coincidentally, was made by most of the people who later on formed tri-Ace). =D
    Recently Finished RPGs:

Resonance of Fate - 4.5/5
    Tales of Graces (Import) - 2/5
    Ys VII (Import) - 2.5/5
    Final Fantasy XIII - 3/5
    Nier - 1.5/5
    edited May 2006
    Played some Earthbound this morning before taking the train to college. Honestly, it's werid how fast I can get into a franchise or series. I hear so much about Mother 3, I finally get around to playing the second game, really want the third one, and have already joined a message board and contemplate theories and such on the Mother series.

The same thing happened to me with the Phantasy Star series, except I first bought and played PSO, learned about the original series, then chekced them out to see how they were connected to PSO. Now I love the series!
    Bravely second...

• edited May 2006
    I finally picked up Makai Kingdom. I'm enjoying it. I know, I'll get Atelier Iris later, but this is about the here and now. I'm really enjoying the odd mix of polygons, cel-shading and sprites. It's weird but it's working for me.
  • JubeiJubei New Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    I'm playing through FF4(PSX version). I'm currently at the Land Of Summoned Monsters and getting my ass kicked.

Today I bought Paper Mario 2(it finally costs only $20!) and MGS3: Subsistence.
    edited May 2006
    Atelier Iris 2, but it's going slow since I'm not home that much. Been enjoying it a bit more than its predecessors so far, though.
  • ParagonParagon Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Ran through MGS3: Subsistence again over the weekend with a guide to get the 64 kerotan frogs and the food items to unlock the hidden gear. Missed one frog and one food item it turns out...

Well, see you guys. I'm off to blow my brains out.

<just kidding. I'd only do that if I ever had to play Quest 64 again>
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Still on KH2, with a little Tales of Eternia & Legend of Heroes on the side
    edited May 2006
    More Earthbound today, sadly with finals that's about it.
    Bravely second...

• Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Just got to that point in Suikoden where every last bit of feces hits the fan. That would be everything between the rescue at Soniere Prison to right after the second battle with Teo. Still an excellent game.

I've also been playing the Megaman Anniversary Collection since I scored it for $10 new. Well, not so much playing it as letting it stomp all over me with a cleated shoe, but hey. At least I suck with style.
    edited May 2006
    Persona. The annoucement of P3 made me pick it up once again.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Datguy86 @ May 11 2006,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I've also been playing the Megaman Anniversary Collection since I scored it for $10 new. Well, not so much playing it as letting it stomp all over me with a cleated shoe, but hey. At least I suck with style.[/QUOTE]
    Just wait till you get your hands on Megaman X Collection, assuming you don't have it already. You don't play that one, it plays you! smile10.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.