The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Well, I'm officially a slave. I'm on my third consecutive game of Romancing Saga (playing as Aisha) and I'm still not getting tired of it. I'll wrestle myself away from it sooner or later. Probably. Hopefully.
  • jsigg2jsigg2 New Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Dragon Quest 8 with a little bit of Phantom Brave here and there. Fusing items and skills are so fun. laugh.gif
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Nothing Really.. Has been like this for quite a while now..
    Maybe business will start to pick up when I finally decide to play Suikoden V and Sui Tactics.
  • edited August 2006
    I just got Neverwinter Nights.. IT ROCKS!
  • edited August 2006
    Man, I need to focus. Right now I'm in the middle of...
    Suikoden V
    Final Fantasy VIII (again)
    FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
    and Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Currently playing Suikoden 5, Dirge of Cerberus, and SMT: Nocturne. Mixed in is some Dota on the side, but that's more of an ongoing obsession than anything else at the moment smile.gif
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Someone here plays Dota other than me.

Damn I freaking love you.
  • bozisthebossbozistheboss Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    In honor of Xenosaga III, I finally decided it's time to sit down and beat II. I just hope III ties up all those loose ends or I'm going to be as restless as I was when I first beat the first one. :-/
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    I'm playing Ninety-Nine Nights. It's not bad so far. But... either I suck, or it's like Dynasty Warriors on the highest difficulty level. I don't like failing missions.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    My friend and I just played Suikoden in about 13 hours, straight through, what a Saturday that turned out to be, good times. Next, I'm finishing up Suikoden tactics. Then what, who knows?
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Rebelstar Tactical Command. The good: the tactical battle system is nifty and the difficulty is nicely balanced. The bad: the story is told haphazardly and the dialogue is piecemeal, despite the fact that the characters are definitely cool. The ugly: all these wicked badass characters can't stand up to the unmitigated suck this one professor dude emanates--he has a giant orange afro with what appears to be a misused kitchen fork sticking out of it. This, in addition to his ultra-exaggerated buck teeth and large glasses.

edited August 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">he has a giant orange afro with what appears to be a misused kitchen fork sticking out of it. This, in addition to his ultra-exaggerated buck teeth and large glasses. </div>

That's hilarious. More games need offbeat characters like that. tounge.gif
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    <div>
    (bozistheboss @ Aug. 21 2006,13:59)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"> <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">he has a giant orange afro with what appears to be a misused kitchen fork sticking out of it. This, in addition to his ultra-exaggerated buck teeth and large glasses. </div>

That's hilarious. More games need offbeat characters like that. tounge.gif</div>
    I concur, but having such a strange-looking character in an otherwise serious game ruins the mood. It's why we don't employ clowns at funerals.
  • JetEnduroJetEnduro Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    I am currently playing Fatal Frame 2,Xenosaga 1 and 2....Well just 1, since I'm trying to beat it so I can then transfer data for it to 2 so I can do that for 3 wink.gif
  • jsigg2jsigg2 New Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    I am *trying* to play BOF: Dragon Quarter.
  • emhilradimemhilradim Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Right now, I'm playing Dragon Ball Z - Kyoushuu! Saiyajin (Famicom), Dragon Ball Z - Gekishin Freeza!! (Famicom), Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst (PC), and occassionally Suito Homu (Famicom).

I was kinda amused how easy it was to max out the fighting power of Son Gokou in Gekishin Freeza!!, and get a little bit frustrated every now and again with Suito Homu... The game's obviously a progenitor of Biohazard, and is pretty damn fun, but the characters are so weak, and praying is a terrible reliance for anything...
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    I am towards the end of Xenosaga II, and realizing the battle system isnt THAT bad... still kind of annoying at the same time though.
  • KiralynKiralyn Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Currently beating my head against the (I hope) final boss of Magna Carta.

<long save load>
    <long level load>
    <cutscene>
    <immediately hit the right keys with perfect timing or DIE INSTANTLY>
    game over

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
    mad.gif
  • EmeraldaEmeralda New Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Currently I am playing Suikoden 2, for the first time ever. I wanted to get to know this series and used some time to decide whether I should start with 2, 3 or 5. Then I suddenly had an urge to play something more oldschool, so I picked up the 2. And I am enjoying it very much.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Having finished Dirge of Cerberus, I'm now playing Enchanted Arms. Very charming game, at least if the first 4 hours are any indication. Staggeringly gay stereotype Makoto is hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • DuranteDurante Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Disgaea 2! It's great so far - highly recommended if you liked the first one.

"Why are you the only one that is still human? Is it because you're the main character?"
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Xenosaga III, which is easily the best game I've played all year.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited September 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Xenosaga III, which is easily the best game I've played all year.</div>

That's exactly what I was going to put. Xenosaga III has more than made up for all the downfalls of the Xeno series so far and I've noticed several subtle (and not-so-subtle) nods to Xenogears as well.

Spoilers:
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">
    <span style='color:white'>For instance, Weltall is featued in Xenosaga III... not by name, of course, but it's pretty damn obvious when you see it.</span></div>

I'm one happy Xenocamper.

• Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    4th Chapter of FF Tactics. Been leveling up as much as possible. Also started up Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on Hard Mode. Definitely have not played this in awhile, but I do enjoy going through the "Decision Scenes" again.

Played Saint's Row at my friend's house the other day. Definitely a GTA clone, but since so many games are starting to use the GTA formula now, I'm guessing it's a standard?
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (Vampire Hunter V @ Sep. 04 2006,23:20)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">4th Chapter of FF Tactics. ?Been leveling up as much as possible. ?Also started up Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on Hard Mode. ?Definitely have not played this in awhile, but I do enjoy going through the "Decision Scenes" again.

Played Saint's Row at my friend's house the other day. ?Definitely a GTA clone, but since so many games are starting to use the GTA formula now, I'm guessing it's a standard?</div>
    Gangsta sandbox games are a genre now.

That being said, Saint's Row actually addressed many of the core issues that Rockstar didn't bother with in San Andreas (like making on-foot combat playable). I prefer SR to GTA for its core game mechanics, even if GTA has a whole bunch of extra stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Xenosaga III, and its blowing my mind.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Xenosaga III. Though the cutscenes still take so long, The story goes at a better pace, many of the irritating questions with the old games are answered every few moments, less contrived plot points are used and the combat system is finally what it should have been.

That said, I'm 10 hours in, still in the first disc, but exams force me to suspend playing for a week at least. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
  • edited September 2006
    ATM I am playing Dofus, A turn-based MMORPG. Guitar Hero, and Stronghold 2. Really wanting Heroes 5 sad.gif !!

BTW first post hey everyone! tounge.gif

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Pokemon (For the pokemon Tour thats happening in Melbourne on the 16th/17th) Go Shellgon

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

And very shortly Wild Arms 3

(Expect Wild Arms 4, Suikoden 5, Samurai Warriors 2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 to be added before the month completes!)
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Xenosaga III, which could be the best in the series. It is so far, but we'll see.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.