The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    If I didn't finish Xenosaga II, would I have a hard time understanding the plot of III? I couldn't stand the battle system of II.

As for what I'm playing now... I'm playing Enchanted Arms. And all I have to say is this: And I thought Digital Devil Saga was a dungeon crawler!!!. Jaysus. From London City to the University Tower... I swear to God it took me 4 or 5 hours... without a story break! And when I finally got to the story break, I sped it up because I couldn't stand the voice acting.

I hate the VP system as well. It's challenging enough without it. I pull out my hair when battles drag on too long, because I'm like "Noooooo!!!! Karin only has 17 VP left, and she just got hiiiittttt!" I like having the luxury of not worrying about that sort of thing.

Enchanted Arms is the Magna Carta of 2006. It's awfully pretty, but weighed down by its flaws. I'm only continuing to play it because I have nothing better to do until Valkyrie Profile Silmeria.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    As has been my custom for the last couple of years, I'm playing through older titles. Just finished a run-through of Final Fantasy VIII and now I'm working on Chrono Cross. I haven't had the money for new games at all, so I'm really behind on the gaming scene. I think the last RPG I bought was Romancing Saga, and that was over a year ago. Although it's not all bad given how many games I can just replay.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (SorenLovesIke @ Sep. 06 2006,00:40)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">If I didn't finish Xenosaga II, would I have a hard time understanding the plot of III? I couldn't stand the battle system of II.

As for what I'm playing now... I'm playing Enchanted Arms. And all I have to say is this: And I thought Digital Devil Saga was a dungeon crawler!!!. Jaysus. From London City to the University Tower... I swear to God it took me 4 or 5 hours... without a story break! And when I finally got to the story break, I sped it up because I couldn't stand the voice acting.

I hate the VP system as well. It's challenging enough without it. I pull out my hair when battles drag on too long, because I'm like "Noooooo!!!! Karin only has 17 VP left, and she just got hiiiittttt!" I like having the luxury of not worrying about that sort of thing.

Enchanted Arms is the Magna Carta of 2006. It's awfully pretty, but weighed down by its flaws. I'm only continuing to play it because I have nothing better to do until Valkyrie Profile Silmeria.</div>
    I'm 9 hours in now, and I also hate the VP system. If there's anything I hate, it's having my best golems with zero VP.

As to the voice acting, you can switch it to Japanese in the System settings menu under audio options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Spectral Souls on PSP. (RPGamer's coverage of it)

... *Sigh* Idea Factory is certainly not battling the current when it comes to the PSP's flow of crappy-to-medicore RPGs. And these load times are ridiculous.
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (bozistheboss @ Sep. 04 2006,13:56)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Spoilers:
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">
    <span style='color:white'>For instance, Weltall is featued in Xenosaga III... not by name, of course, but it's pretty damn obvious when you see it.</span></div>

I'm one happy Xenocamper.</div>
    O_O Wow, I just got to that part, and nearly wet myself in over joyed happy fanboy glee. I am at such a loss for words, the only other thing i can say is that im UBER addicted to this game.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (SorenLovesIke @ Sep. 06 2006,00:40)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">If I didn't finish Xenosaga II, would I have a hard time understanding the plot of III? I couldn't stand the battle system of II.</div>
    Welcome back, long time no see (Disco misses you too!).

How far did you get in X2? I am working through X3 now, and I have to say, I don`t think it makes a big difference. X3 comes with plot summaries of the first two games in the database (like the one in X1). I only played X2 once (ugh battles UGH!) and I can`t say I`m having any confused moments because I`ve forgotten a plot aspect from an earlier game....

X3 fixed the past battle problems. There are still recognizable elements from the first two here, but the speed is fast, the loading times almost nil and OMG - I don`t avoid beasties anymore! ?wow.gif

Still a lot of plot and cutscenes to wade through, but I kinda like the story so far (about 20 hours in), can`t say where because its major spoilers. I almost didn`t pick this up because the battles in thep ast two games were so sucky, but I am glad I did. RPG dry spell for the win. tounge.gif

• STsungSTsung New Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    I played Rogue Galaxy for last several hours and then I pressed reset on my PS2 to load the previous save. The problem was that the previous save I thought there was...was NOT there....-_- *crying*
  • captainzolicaptainzoli Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    I'm currently 18 hours into Enchanted Arms and looking forward to playing more. Haven't had a much issue with the VP system as I thought I might, although I could live without it. The rest of the game is great though.
  • jknjkn Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    I've been plowing through Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones GBA on my DS for quite a bit recently. More tactical strategy than RPG, but it's got all the RP background bits to make it fun.

I've been taking a break from FFIV Advance which I'm enjoying immensely - my first FF game...
  • LovelyLovely Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (AnimeGamer183 @ Sep. 06 2006,15:43)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (bozistheboss @ Sep. 04 2006,13:56)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Spoilers:
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">
    <span style='color:white'>For instance, Weltall is featued in Xenosaga III... not by name, of course, but it's pretty damn obvious when you see it.</span></div>

I'm one happy Xenocamper.</div>
    O_O Wow, I just got to that part, and nearly wet myself in over joyed happy fanboy glee. I am at such a loss for words, the only other thing i can say is that im UBER addicted to this game.</div>
    Ahaha... I feel so awful. I've played through Xenogears about 5 times back in the day, and I didn't notice that reference until someone told me about it ^^;.
    Oddly enough, I did notice the fighting style though 0_o .
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Grandia III(ugh....)
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Polished off XSIII this morning.

All I'll say is that Allen rocks more than anyone who has ever rocked before.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • JochieJochie Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Managing my Suikoden V characters and fighting the same two dragons a thousand times.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (Slayer of God @ Sep. 11 2006,05:03)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Polished off XSIII this morning.

All I'll say is that Allen rocks more than anyone who has ever rocked before.</div>
    I'm also sad to say that, with the way he chews up and spits out.... *Spoiler*.Kevin*.Spoiler* in the final dungeon, Allen will forever have bigger balls than I ever will.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    PLEASE BRING BACK SPOILER TAGS DAMMIT!!!!! ;_;

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    They're still there, people just don't know how to use them.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • ERRORERROR Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Finally picked up DQ 8 last week. Enjoying it alot so far when I can find time to play it.
  • captainzolicaptainzoli Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Still working on Enchanted Arms. At 56% now.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited September 2006
    Eh, I was hoping to get in a bit of Baten Kaitos, but I had to settle for Pokemon Ruby.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• jsigg2jsigg2 New Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Disgaea 2, and so far it's awesome.
    edited September 2006
    I'm making my third attempt at Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. There's a lot of things about this game I think are great so I want to finish it this time. I'm going to force myself to ignore some of the more really agitating elements and focus on the good stuff. Hopefully I won't get near the last dungeon and just stop like I did the last two times.

Actually, come to think of it, I've done that on quite a few PS2 RPGs. Must be some weird mental device I have or something.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited September 2006
    ABout an hour of Pokemon Colosseum. I'm still on that one-last playthrough, though this time it's only for an Earthquake TM *mutters about sister destroying her copy of LeafGreen*...
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Still playing around a lot with Xenosaga III. Easily the most enjoyable system of the three.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited September 2006
    Harvest Moon Magical Melody.

Yummy nostalgia seeing Ellen, Ann, Nina, and Maria in 3-D.

Appear Eve! laugh.gif
    edited September 2006
    I like that game a lot. I thought it was cool how there was a strong emphasis on becoming friends with everyone in the village instead of just focusing on your chosen partner and lavishing all your attention on them. It made the village more diverse and alive, I thought. I think I still have my game lying around somewhere where I married Katie and had a kid but then I stopped playing. I should really stop doing that with all these Next-Gen games.

Been running around doing the Inventing thing in SO3. Some of Fayt's dialogue is gut-wrenchingly bad as ever ("So what is that basket of flowers?" ? "Oh, I grow them and sell them." ? "You sell flowers?"), but I'm forcing myself to ignore it because there's such a fun game underneath it. And a lot of the characters are pretty colorful and interesting?I'm definitely looking forward to getting Maria again, for instance. :)
  • jsigg2jsigg2 New Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits- I like this game, although the battles are sssssslooooow. Ah well, story's pretty good.
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (Plug @ Sep. 15 2006,23:15)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I like that game a lot. ?I thought it was cool how there was a strong emphasis on becoming friends with everyone in the village instead of just focusing on your chosen partner and lavishing all your attention on them. ?It made the village more diverse and alive, I thought.</div>
    I like that myself. It's nice to have an actual reason to be nice to the other villagers.

Balancing that with making money at the beginning was kind of irritating at first, but I've since gotten the hang of it and am enjoying myself greatly. smile.gif
  • LutherLuther Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Call of Duty 2 and Oblivion...kinda off and on for both of them.

So far, Oblivion's better.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited September 2006
    90% through Paper Mario:TYD, 1/2 way through Sigma Star Force and still playing Pokemon Emerald even after the "great" pokemon tour Australia holds.

Paper Mario is the big one though!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited September 2006
    Nearing the end of the first disc of Star Ocean III. Having a lot of fun with it this time. I'm currently running around power leveling my guys while soaking up as much money as possible for those stacked Orihalcon synthesis deals. Now that a lot of the really interesting characters have landed on the scene I find the game is infinitely more playable. (Maria=Love). :)