The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• ffwarrioressffwarrioress Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Now I'm playing Devil May Cry 3! It's fun but I keep having to replay the old missions so that I can get enough red stuff to buy healing stars.
  • theprofessionaltheprofessional Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(ffwarrioress @ Jul. 03 2005,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Now I'm playing Devil May Cry 3! It's fun but I keep having to replay the old missions so that I can get enough red stuff to buy healing stars.[/QUOTE]
    Not really, I never had to replay a mission, not even once. It's all in your fights, you need to do different moves (and continuiously be hitting an enemy) in order to gain a higher rating (SSStylish is the highest) and the higher your rating, the higher orbs you get. BTW you don't buy ever single ability possible, you buy what you need.

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Niu @ Jul. 03 2005,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Dracos @ Jul. 02 2005,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Slayer of God @ Jul. 02 2005,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Tales of Phantasia(for some odd reason) - Just got sent to the past[/QUOTE]
    Because it rocks =P

Anyhow, yesterday I took down lilith and acquired shadow in the same game. Only things left to do that I know of is get pluto and fight dhaos. I'm still missing a few items though, pity.

Dracos
    So hard to fill up that item book.[/QUOTE]
    Did you try the extended Forest of Trent?

And I suggets a mania mode game too, ToP has one good mania diffculty.[/QUOTE]
    Of course, wouldn't be a complete run without getting the divine wood =)

Anyhow, aside from work, work, and more work and cleaning up trash here, I've been continuing my kirby addiction. Good stuff. Knocked down two more bosses today. Long as far as kirby games go.

Dracos
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I'm dropping some Ratchet and Clank 3 right now. I have an itchin' to play some FFX-2 later on, methinks.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    More ToP.

Got Sylph, Gnome, and Ifrit, and then got my ass kicked by Undine.

Meh.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited July 2005
    Phoenix Spamming, for the win~ =)

Dracos
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(theprofessional @ Jul. 03 2005,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I wonder why they even changed Nocturne (which was also Nocturne in Japan) to Lucifers Call?[/QUOTE]
    Finish the Amala labyrinth, and it'll make more sense.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    yep it will. I did it and it's pretty cool. ^_^ Well right now, playing PSO Blue Burst, Final Fantasy IV, and Atlier Iris.
  • edited July 2005
    Starting a New game in Morrowind. Game is so good from begining to end ( if there is one ??) also planning on Beating Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams but other then that playing Halo 2 on Live a lot New maps just came out today.

edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(ChaosBringer615 @ Jul. 05 2005,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Starting a New game in Morrowind. Game is so good from begining to end ( if there is one ??)[/QUOTE]
    The current record is 45 minutes.
  • edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Jul. 07 2005,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(ChaosBringer615 @ Jul. 05 2005,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Starting a New game in Morrowind. Game is so good from begining to end ( if there is one ??)[/QUOTE]
    The current record is 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]
    WHAT?! There's way too much running around in that game for me to believe that. I've literally put hours into that main quest with hacked speed and jumping so I could launch myself from one side of the map to the other and still haven't beaten it after 12+ hours....
    edited July 2005
    LiQuid:

Just pretend you didn't hear that. It is phenomenially stupid.

Dracos
    edited July 2005
    Of course it's stupid. Speedrunning an RPG is stupid to begin with. Games like Quake or Mergaman were meant for that.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Playing through Star Ocean 3 and have passed the part where I stopped playing before. It really picks up after a slow beginning and I am very much enjoying it now. (I am running around picking up goodies with my new distintegration ring, because I hear that I lose some opportunities if I wait until after this next boss in the Lava Caves)

• Ihsans ShadeIhsans Shade Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I am currently alternating bewteen Breath of Fire IV and Star Ocean 3.

I've been going through old RPGs I have and beating the ones I haven't yet. I have a bad habit of playing to the end of RPGs and never beating them. Then I go out and buy new ones and don't finish those either. I just bought Growlanser:Generations and Phantom Brave which I played about 8 hours each. Then stopped only to pick up Star Ocean again because I figured I should beat games I bought months ago.
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I just beat Baten Kaitos. Awesome graphics, awesome soundtrack, great but slow battle system, lack of challenge, forgettable cast and boring story with some great plot twists. An overall great game.

Now playing Ratchet&Clank 2, WoW and Meteos.
    edited July 2005
    Beat Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island again today.

I'm just eating through 'em.

Dracos
    Upload, Upload
  • edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Dracos @ Jul. 07 2005,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Just pretend you didn't hear that. It is phenomenially stupid.[/QUOTE]
    Stupid or not, I just can't believe it's possible...
  • Ihsans ShadeIhsans Shade Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Dracos @ Jul. 07 2005,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Beat Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island again today.

I'm just eating through 'em.

Dracos
    Upload, Upload[/QUOTE]
    That game was awesome!! It had some great music too. And getting 100% on all stages was quite a task.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Finally beat Gabriel Celesta. Now moving on to the unlocked levels of Sphere.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Still going through Dark Cloud 2, and dabbling in Metal Arms--I can only take a little at a time of the latter, as it is fairly merciless, which can lead to a certain amount of frustration. The controls could be a little tighter, and I would give anything to have a proper "save anywhere" in this game. Or, at the very least, a Ratchet and Clank type of death, where you at least get to keep the stuff you've ferreted out up to the point you snuff it. It really isn't that much fun having to go back and collect your possessions again and again until you figure out how to survive to the next check point. This game would be truly awesome if it had a "save anywhere." As it is, I have no idea if I'm ever going to finish it. Reminds me a great deal of the tragedy that was Future Cop. In games of that nature, I really need to have control over saving. Otherwise, I just get too discouraged and give up.
  • Cecil_de_BaronCecil_de_Baron Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Picked up Atelier Iris a few days ago, so I've been playing that. Also played some FFX-2 today, and started a game on my recently acquired copy of Dark Cloud 2. Might hop on WoW later tonight, but I'm wanting to get a little farther in Atelier Iris first. I'm enjoying it, but the item creation system seems awfully simple and mundane. But in all honesty I haven't gotten very far, so this isn't a fair judgement of it quite yet.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Riviera's inventory system is really pissing me off. I don't mind having a finite amount of storage space per se, but Erisdamn it's way too little in this particular game.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Davis @ Jul. 07 2005,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Riviera's inventory system is really pissing me off. I don't mind having a finite amount of storage space per se, but Erisdamn it's way too little in this particular game.[/QUOTE]
    TRUTHERY! God damn it am I sick of throwing away items the second I get them. Having only 4 in battle sucks monkey balls too. Makes it too hard to experiment with defensive items.
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Jul. 07 2005,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(ChaosBringer615 @ Jul. 05 2005,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    The current record is 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]
    eheheh, you're gonna be suprised at this one. Theres a FIFTEEN MINUTE one!! Yeah, I was suprised as heck too when I saw it, I'm a huge video critic so I tend to notice imperfections that may make it a fake but it wasnt. This guy rolled through the game in 15 minutes and owned the last boss like you've never thought of before.

In my opinion, speedrunning is awesome. You just have to try it to see what the challenges that are present when normally aren't when you're playing the game normally. Also take note that speed-runs are done with restrictions which makes it even harder.

I usually watch survival horror speedruns and nobody can tell me that does not take a lot of skill or even impractical to do. (your skill determines your rank, that's why it's practical)

Anyways back on topic, I don't even know where to begin. Let's see, I'm still playing FFX:Int, at the end and currently collecting monsters to do the level up trick, playing about a hour or so of Atelier Iris a day and just got Gundam True Odyssey, Sly Cooper 1/2 so I'm hoping to beat Sly games in a day or so for a nice departure from RPGs in a long while. I still havent gotten around to those games, FFX Int and Tekken 5 just own me at the moment.

World of Warcraft is coming next week tho, and you all know what MMORPG's does.........

edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(theprofessional @ Jul. 08 2005,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I usually watch survival horror speedruns and nobody can tell me that does not take a lot of skill or even impractical to do. (your skill determines your rank, that's why it's practical)[/QUOTE]
    No, why would I? I'm a speedrunner. I've done speedrunning for years in both FPS's and - funny enough - Survival Horror games.
  • edited July 2005
    15 minutes is literally impossible. There's no way I'll believe that unless I see a video. There's more than 15 minutes worth of dialogue in that game clicking through it as fast as possible. I've even used hacks to get to Dagoth Ur, and he's invulnerable until the part in the storyline where you need to meet him, so there's no way you can even do 15 minutes with hacks. I'm sorry but you lose.
    edited July 2005
    As I recall, the top run in that game is done by abusing potions significantly until you are an omnipotent supergod (lasting only an hour or so but still) then rushing towards the final boss or something.

Dracos
    edited July 2005
    I watched the guy do it myself. I lose what? Why don't you google search for the video and see for youself instead of implying that i'm lying and that what this guy did was impossible? never say impossible, last time I heard that, the UMD contents got dumped and then ISO loaders came out.

BTW Dracos is right, the guy went crazy on Fortify Potions making him HELLA FAST, he then used levitate and flew straight to the area where you get the 2 weapons, then flew straight to the last boss and owned him hard. After which he talks to the girl and the game ends.

From what It looks, it's perfectly legit but I'll be doing this myself just for kicks smile.gif

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1826.html
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/Morrowind.html

lololol looks like somebody need to do their own research before they put somebody down...........

oh and let me add, you got owned.....HARD

• RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Playing through Deception again. Fun game. ^_^