The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• BogatyrBogatyr Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2005
    I would love to mix games with politics. Unfortunately, there is no game around that would fit the concept, story that I have in mind.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I long for a Libertarian Party simulator as well, Bogatyr.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    "Helm the nation's most awesome third party to mediocrity or obscurity. It's all in your hands."

edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Davis @ Jul. 27 2005,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I long for a Libertarian Party simulator as well, Bogatyr.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    "Helm the nation's most awesome third party to mediocrity or obscurity. It's all in your hands."[/QUOTE]
    Hehe. Not the concept I was thinking actually. But it sounds nice anyway.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I beat Earthbound again yesterday. AI should come up next when I have time. >_<

Dracos
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I really want to play the Lunars again, but the vast majority of my game collection doesn't arrive until August 10th. But on the bright side....it'll be August 9th in the U.S. tounge.gif
  • ffwarrioressffwarrioress Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Re-playing FFVIII. *lurves that game*
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Makai Kingdom smile.gif
  • Mr.LuminaireMr.Luminaire New Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I'm playing Final Fantasy IV with Final Fantasy Chronicles. It's OK so far.
  • XeroZoharXeroZohar Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Deus Ex. Off-topic? You be the judge. ;)

"My vision is augmented."
    edited July 2005
    Just got Tales of Symphonia in the box today. I wanted to play it for a long while now, but so I wanted to play SO3 a lot, and I am actually playing it now.
    Is it as good as to make me start to play it at the same time as SO3 - considering it will be a drag pluging and unpluging consoles?
    Furthermore, I still need to play Icewind Dale II and Planescape, and it would be better to play a console with a PC at the same time than two console games at the same time, me thinks.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I finally got Atelier Iris today.

And I've come to the conclusion that I love that game more than I love taffy.

And I'm a man who loves his taffy.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • Born LuckyBorn Lucky New Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I'm also playing Atelier Iris, (I pre-ordered it). This is one of those games that starts out good, and then gets better. ?Very refreshing.
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Randomly stuck in Skies of Arcadia. Ha! I didn't see it coming!
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Beyond Good&Evil and it's quite awesome! I actually talked to the guy that made this game, he's the one doing King Kong right now.
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(SupraDarky @ Jul. 30 2005,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Beyond Good&Evil and it's quite awesome! I actually talked to the guy that made this game, he's the one doing King Kong right now.[/QUOTE]
    EGM was VERY impressed by King Kong at E3. That'll be one to look foward to.

I played Atelier Iris for about an hour six days ago. Still remains to be seen if I ever play it again. Really depends on the return policy at the place I bought it.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Resident Evil 4 Professional - Krauser fight

Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town - Year 1 Winter 11
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(knightofhyrule @ Jul. 29 2005,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"EGM was VERY impressed...[/QUOTE]
    Heh, I remember the day when saying that actually meant something.

Anyway, I'm about to sit down to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in my recent "Countdown to Curse of Darkness!!" marathon. Considering I work full-time, I have a full plate. -_-;
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(King Jowy XXII @ Jul. 30 2005,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Heh, I remember the day when saying that actually meant something.[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, but now you're going to have to explain why EGM is somehow not a reliable source for previewing a demo.
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(knightofhyrule @ Jul. 29 2005,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Sorry, but now you're going to have to explain why EGM is somehow not a reliable source for previewing a demo.[/QUOTE]
    I don't have to do anything, but I'll explain since you asked so nicely.

EGM is a corporate rag that has dumbed down the culture of gaming to a degree that makes the Spike TV game awards look like a second E3. It floods its membership with the lowest common denominator and feeds them all of the Gen-Y BS they can stomach, writing reviews on games that took about as much time, effort, and appreciation for the title that such a publication would allow. It's writing staff is a collection of tech-junkies who have no appreciation for the merits of a title beyond its flashier components and use the term "innovation" as an adjective whenever they struggle to find a descriptor for whatever extreme they are trying to convey in a game, be it good or bad.

Take that as you will, as an informed opinion or elitist grandstanding. I am too tired of all the crap in the industry to really care one way or the other.

Oh, and if you have something to say in response, I will not reply. I'm not trying to ignore you. Let's just not hijack this thread, m'kay?
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Anyway, I'm about to sit down to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in my recent "Countdown to Curse of Darkness!!" marathon. Considering I work full-time, I have a full plate. -_-;[/QUOTE]

u_u You have high hopes for this game? LoI certainly wasn't horrible, but 3D Castlevanias are nowhere near the level of quality of the 2D counterparts.

*waiting for DoS*
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(King Jowy XXII @ Jul. 30 2005,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Oh, and if you have something to say in response, I will not reply. ?I'm not trying to ignore you. ?Let's just not hijack this thread, m'kay?[/QUOTE]
    I had the same idea, so I'll just say I disagree wholeheartedly.
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(SupraDarky @ Jul. 29 2005,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Anyway, I'm about to sit down to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in my recent "Countdown to Curse of Darkness!!" marathon. Considering I work full-time, I have a full plate. -_-;[/QUOTE]

u_u You have high hopes for this game? LoI certainly wasn't horrible, but 3D Castlevanias are nowhere near the level of quality of the 2D counterparts.

*waiting for DoS*[/QUOTE]
    I have heard nothing but good things about its engine, thus far, so yes...looking forward to it.

• MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    But on the off chance the Konami plans to make the return of a 2d Castlevania game, then I will gladly urinate on myself.
    edited July 2005
    I am midway through first year in harvest moon.

God harvesting is a bit of a pain.

Dracos
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MeoTwister5 @ Jul. 30 2005,02:31)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"But on the off chance the Konami plans to make the return of a 2d Castlevania game, then I will gladly urinate on myself.[/QUOTE]
    Um...you mean like this one, Meo? @_@
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    still playing Atlier Iris, taking my time because it's so much fun. Popo is adorable! ^_^ I'm also trying to complete the collector's quest thingie because I admit to being a bit of a freak about stuff like this and it is fun! ^_^
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    More FoMT. Just about done with Winter finally. Freaking snowstorms interfering with my shopping channel acquisitions. ><

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Anachronox.

Steal not the fruita!
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(King Jowy XXII @ Jul. 31 2005,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(MeoTwister5 @ Jul. 30 2005,02:31)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"But on the off chance the Konami plans to make the return of a 2d Castlevania game, then I will gladly urinate on myself.[/QUOTE]
    Um...you mean like this one, Meo? @_@[/QUOTE]
    Actually I should have specified the words on a console, but if I can afford a DS, then it's acceptable.

Urinates on himself.
    edited July 2005
    Got tired of Harvest moon just into fall. Too much repitition, though a friend flung me BTN, so I guess I'll give that a try in a bit.

Today has been Ragnarok Battle Offline, which I finally checked out and was pretty darn fun, even if it lags sometimes.

Dracos