If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I've actually won on a map with 4 and 2 tanks. It can be done.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    Ha! I've never seen that work in competitive, but I believe you. Usually what ends up happening is I'll go solo healer, someone else goes DVa, and the DPS characters don't get enough picks for us to remotely hold a line or stay alive. I have had some awesome matches solo healing too, but it doesn't usually work out that way.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Mike MoehnkeMike Moehnke Code: Kirin Administrators
    What the hell, Valkyria Revolution? Something went wrong and my side weapons (guns and grenades) weren't working, plus magic was... maybe working? Hard to tell, damage was accruing for some spells but the usual animation effects were missing. I've seen other bugs in it before (someone let one slip past where battle music keeps playing even after returning to headquarters), but this was a legitimate problem instead of an annoyance.
    Well, not being able to actually snipe because weapons just aren't effective past a certain perimeter - that's also a problem. I have to surmise it was intentional on the developers' part though. Nonfunctional weaponry isn't an intentional choice.
    Still, I'm approaching the end hopefully. What a freaking mess this game is.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
    I resubbed to Final Fantasy XIV on 7/22 and took off work until 8/1 to bang out Stormblood. Accomplishments in those 10 days: finished Stormblood, switched to Astrologian and love it, cleared Susano Ex and got the AST weapon, cleared Omega, leveled Goldsmith to 70, have Weaver and Summoner at 67 and 68, and got my two desynths up to 300 and 290. Made several million gil too, but I stopped focusing on that since I don't buy anything. Other than getting into endgame crafting and leveling other crafters, I've done everything I really wanted to do in Stormblood except the other Ex primal. The rest of this sub should be pretty relaxed.
    Felt like an RTS fix and so Downloaded my copy of Dawn of War II from Steam, near the end but I'm donig bonus missions for more loots and levels.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I spent the last two days going through the old game closet back home and checking to see what worked before selling it to the used game stores. Neither my brother nor I live there anymore, and it's not feasible to take it all with us, so it felt better to let others have a chance at it.

So, in no particular order, I...

-died against the final boss in Illusion of Gaia
    -explored Bloody Mary's castle in Terranigma
    -helped my nephew through the first bit of Lufia 2
    -watched that same nephew wander around the Obelisk in Breath of Fire
    -forgot where to go next from the lost city of Pedan in Seiken Densetsu III
    -died horribly against the final boss in Romancing SaGa 3
    -found that my old copy of Romancing SaGa 2 no longer has its save files
    -ran around the bowels of the space station in Secret of Evermore
    -went all the way through the Mana Fortress in Secret of Mana, got to the Dark Lich battle, only for my daughter to crawl up and pull at the reset button at exactly the wrong time
    -later on, taught my niece how to play Secret of Mana
    -got captured by someone in Star Ocean, but otherwise no idea what the heck was happening
    -showed my nephew MegaMan IV for GameBoy, let him mess with it awhile
    -when nephew was gone, completed 50% of MegaMan IV for GameBoy in a single sitting
    -got lost in the Iron Tower of (formerly) Vector in Final Fantasy 3
    -got fed up with the Lunarian tunnels in Final Fantasy 2
    -realized that the final boss of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was nastier than I remembered
    -started up the final map of Ogre Battle, then remembered how longer that sucker took to complete and turned off the SNES

It was a nice trip down memory lane.
    Well for FFMQ ... the last boss can be beat in a single move. Cast life on him and he dies in a single turn
    sig.gif

Yeah, I tried that. Didn't work on any of his forms this time.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    I just started Persona 5 today. Woa..

The plan after that is to start trimming down the backlog. Got way too many games sitting there.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    My Final Fantasy XIV sub ended yesterday, this ending 180 days of subbed play for me over the last 4 years. I finished all the critical tasks on my to-do list in the first week and a half thanks to taking time off from work to play. For the rest of the sub, I spent a lot of time leveling crafting classes, which I enjoy, and got 5 of them level capped. If I wanted to, I could probably cap the next 3 when I resub again and finally be an omni-crafter.

After writing that I don't care about making money, I couldn't resist making overpriced goldsmith items that were selling well on the market, turned a couple dozen clusters into materia VI for sale, and ended the sub 23 million gil up from where I started without even making any money in the last week.

I don't like leveling combat jobs, but the dungeons in Stormblood were cool and I enjoyed leveling Summoner to 70, though I didn't have much need to use it after that. I leveled White Mage to 70 almost entirely with roulettes. This let me clean all healer gear out of my inventory. I also took Red Mage to level 61 in the Palace of the Dead, which was fun in bursts. My goal is to eventually cap all casting classes so I can clean out all the caster gear I hoarded, though I've never liked Black Mage.

I downed the other Ex primal and ended the sub at ilvl 321 AST and maybe 313 SMN without buying any crafted gear for them. I always enjoyed rerunning Susano Ex and ended up with 35 totems... and never saw the Summoner weapon drop. Raids are my favorite content in FF14, so I'll probably resub next year when the 2nd raid is out, hoping it's as wild and fun as Weeping City was last year.
    Getting back into Code Name S.T.E.A.M., and I think I'm finally getting used to combat. Also happy that the Japanese version of the game keeps the English VA, because it's so much more interesting and flavorful than the Japanese text.

Currently sneaking through the sub-basement of the White House in order to find the Necronomicon before the alien horde does, because it's just that kind of oddly awesome.
  • Joshua CarpenterJoshua Carpenter RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Played the Ys VIII demo last night and I think that was a good RPG demo. It distilled the Ys experience of exploration, boss battles and rad music into a tight 30 minute package. Anyone on the fence should give it a try.

Actually, I played the demo while I was waiting for Everybody's Golf to install. That is such an odd experience; I don't think I've ever played a sports game that doesn't operate solely through a menu system. In case you haven't been following it, this iteration of Everybody's Golf incorporates an open world aspect where you can wander around a island full of golf courses, but you can also go fishing or race golf carts. I just played a couple of tournaments, so the island is still locked off to me, but it's weird to have to talk to a character to enter a tournament. Seems like a lot of extra work for the developers when most people buying it will just want to play golf. Who knows, maybe the strange extras will be fun.

Also, the game seems like its added even more RPG elements; It's like an Elder Scrolls game where every time you do an action well, you level it up. Hit a good drive, the driver levels up. Get an approach close to the pin, the control (separate from the power) of your wedge goes up. Looks like it may be a really grindy... golf game? Weird.
  • paulhar1s50npaulhar1s50n HongkongFull Members
    I'm currently playing Dying Light. It is an open world first person survival horror action-adventure video game. Im enjoying this game a lot as it is challenging and fun at the same time.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    I squeezed just about everything I can out of Ever Oasis. I have all of the residents and all of the Bloom Booths are completely upgraded. There's minor things I can do like getting rare bosses to spawn in the Hieroglyph Labyrinths and synthesizing new weapons, but I really don't see a need to. Ever Oasis is definitely a fun little game, if a tad repetitive.

Now onto my #SRPGSeptember game.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• StormJayneStormJayne SingaporeFull Members
    I'm currently playing Nier:Automata on my pc..

and on my phone. im planing to play this new game called "Ragnarok: Spear Of Odin" im a fan of ragnarok game so. even tho the game is on beta phase. I'm still gonna try this out!!

so far NIER AUTOMATA ftw!!
    Picked up Lock's Quest for cheap, so I've been messing with that. It's sort of a combination RTS/TowerDefense/Action almost-RPG. Almost, because there's no real experience or advancement system, and the game itself is strongly stage-based.
  • StormJayneStormJayne SingaporeFull Members
    Im currently playing a mobile game called "Ragnarok: Spear of Odin" It's pretty fun... Immo
    Got Summon Night DS as one of a three-for-a-thousand-yen deal, so I've been tooling around with that. As per usual with Flight Plan, it's a solid game with too much dialog in-between fights.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Summon Night 1 remake on DS, right? Not Summon Night: Twin Age?
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    yup, Summon Night the original, a surprisingly good port of the PSX title.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    I've been playing Tales of Berseria. I think the game has one of the strongest video game protagonists in a very long time. I've also found the game moving in its own way, especially in regard to Velvet's emotional journey. She's a very complex character and Bandai Namco took a real risk with her. In the hands of the wrong voice actress, she would've fallen flat. Fortunately for us all, the actress who played her did an excellent job.

On that note, yeah, the game got to me twice emotionally. I find a great deal of the cast have tragic back stories. Also, even though I kept her out of the active party for most of the game, I want a Tales game starring Magilou. She's an incredibly fun character. I'm currently up to the final dungeon.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited October 2017
    I haven't started a lengthy game since finishing Mario + Rabbids. I reinstalled Metronomicon, bought the DLC packs during the sale, and have been replaying it on hard. I finished the main game again and am on the DLC. I still think this is a great rhythm game that fans of the genre would enjoy, but it flew under the radar as an indie game and/or didn't have Final Fantasy music in it. Seriously, though, if this had been published by Nintendo or SE, everyone would have played it.

I also logged into Overwatch yesterday, not knowing one of my mains got overhauled in a recent patch. Initial confusion aside, Mercy is now a fabulously fun character to play as. She might replace Zen as my go-to. I placed high bronze in competitive and will make a meager attempt to touch silver, but I don't want to lose myself in Overwatch right now. It was a good gaming session with matches that were close, fun people with mics on my team, and no one trying to ruin the game on either side.

And I bought Cosmic Star Heroine but I'm not impressed with it. I'm in chapter 5 maybe 2 hours in, having strolled into the Millennial Fair Freedom Festival. One odd thing I don't like is how combat abilities are represented by icons instead of text. Sure, it saves space, but that's hardly necessary and I keep having to read the descriptions because I can't remember what 12 abilities across 4 characters do just by the similar-looking icons. Not with a new character joining every 30 minutes anyway. I'll get back to it later and hope it improves.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited October 2017
    Been playing a lot of Kritika Online since the recent update and steam release. This update did a lot to fix many of the issues I had with the game. You can now trade with party members for items that drop during a dungeon run, which is similar to the Darkspore strategy that allows you to help your friends but not have a big trading economy of rare items. Furthermore, there's a bigger variety of end game content now with the randomized Fractured Memories Dungeon that allows you to upgrade account ability buffs such as drop rate, cooldown reduction, or movement speed along with many others. There's even more daily content to run with some added side dungeons. It still has a little ways to go, but its a big step in the right direction at the right time. Finally, I met some really nice people that have helped carry me through the hardest difficulty and traded me some key items with the new feature which will hopefully bring my character up to speed much sooner. Really thankful for that.

In addition, I've been playing Danganronpa 3 at a slow but steady pace since its launch. Its a difficult game to discuss without spoiling anything, but I just finished Chapter 2 and worked a tiny ways into Chapter 3. Its funny. The prologue was a tad weak, and my initial listening of the limited amount of songs that play during that section made me a little questionable towards the music. However, after Chapter 1 and 2, I can confidently say that unless theres some kind of major letdown, this game is going to be my favorite of the series. Thats just how good I think the first two chapters are. The entire cast is just such a treat this time around, and the game is legitimately funny without taking away from the seriousness of the story. I've probably taken at least like 20 snapshots of quips on the screen just so I could remember them.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I won't say anything about the story of Danganronpa V3, but I will say that if trials were a little shorter and less padded (screw psyche taxi) it would easily be my favorite.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited October 2017
    I'm sure thats a fair criticism Mac, but its really not one that applies to me. Agreed that the Taxi is a little needlessly long though. I'm actually stalling the game out on purpose because I enjoy it that much and know I won't get another "fresh" playthrough ever again. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if I've already put 30 hours into it, which is about the time you said it took you to beat everything in the other thread. Like other releases this year I love everything about it and hope it manages to maintain the awesome momentum its on right now.
  • scarletamora8888scarletamora8888 PhilippinesFull Members
    Hello~

I'm playing Ragnarok Journey.

It's basically like a Ragnarok Lite whereas you can play anywhere you want because it uses browsers (google/mozilla, etc) in playing the game~ :smile:

If you're playing too, don't hesitate to chat me up!
  • LajntingLajnting OsloFull Members
    Overwatch and Hearthstone
    Rocket League (collect crates)
    It only took a few more evenings to touch silver in Overwatch. I don't know if it's coincidence, luck, the threat of harsher punishments from the reporting system, or if the ranking system got better, but I had a blast playing it over the last week, unlike last July when I was mostly frustrated with the experience. I'll probably leave it alone for a while, stopping at 36-29-2 this season with Mercy and Symmetra as my favorite (and best, according to Oversumo) characters.

I'm in chapter 6 or 7 in Cosmic Star Heroine, having taken a ship and finally been given the ability to choose my party. Now that I'm using the same characters, combat moves more quickly because I'm not reading the abilities' descriptions as much. It's okay, but still not grabbing me. I don't usually play it for more than an hour at a time.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Been playing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. Have to say, I'm liking the whole settlement building thing here, and how they've really seemed to perfect the combat this time around. Do love how skills master at level 3 now instead of at 5 or higher. Got 25% of the game explored so far, and I'm having to say this game is really stressing the exploration part, as several of these large areas I've been to feel really optional so far.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    I'm really starting to hate Summon Night's Brave challenges. Instead of being something interesting and possibly relevant to the mission, it's specifically a level par set for a battle that almost always places your characters three or four levels lower than the boss of the enemy side. Plus, the Brave challenge is voided if any allied unit, even the otherwise expendable summoned units, gets K.O.'ed, so soon enough the FE-style obsession with avoiding unit death sets in...

Basically, I've been stuck on the same chapter of the game for two weeks now because I've been repeating the same free battle over and over to raise money for the best equipment in the hopes that I'll be able to take on the next battle at or below par, even though I really have no reason to. The carrot of the Brave challenge has trained me too well, and now I can't stand the damn thing.

On the other hand, I've been loving the heck out of Knights of Pen and Paper 2.